Hecky on Talk Sport 9/8/23

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

People from inside the club have been saying all of this on this forum and other channels for a long time now. Hecky has now opened the door publicly

People from inside the club have been saying all of this on this forum and other channels for a long time now. Hecky has now opened the door publicly

Were DOOMED i tell thee!!!

Skip forward to about -10

So it seems there’s no actual communication between Manager-Bettisss-Board…..

worrying, the Prince needs to be really careful as we’ll end up back in league 1 and his investment will be back to £1, while I understand the decision to sell, this decision should have been made months ago, put a line in the sand for the players to sign if they don’t then sell them, then the manager knows what he’s working with.

Now he has his hands and the teams feet tied in terms of those very important first 6 games of the season, the board have basically given us a handicap against all the other teams. It’s totally embarrassing, we’ve had four months to get a plan in place.

Now he has his hands and the teams feet tied in terms of those very important first 6 games of the season, the board have basically given us a handicap against all the other teams. It’s totally embarrassing, we’ve had four months to get a plan in place.
Do you have bippolar? Were 'snoozing' at me questioning the board yesterday. Or were you just back on the sauce?

"But in terms of are we where we want to be? Absolutely not. I'd be really disappointed if this was us for the remainder of the season."

Those are the words of a man who isn't very confident that we're going to do much more in the way of strengthening.

Otherwise her would have said...

"But in terms of are we where we want to be? Absolutely not. But I'm confident we'll be a lot stronger by the end of the window."

So good it went on twice and now it’s on x3 and liked again

"But in terms of are we where we want to be? Absolutely not. I'd be really disappointed if this was us for the remainder of the season."

Those are the words of a man who isn't very confident that we're going to do much more in the way of strengthening.

Otherwise her would have said...

"But in terms of are we where we want to be? Absolutely not. But I'm confident we'll be a lot stronger by the end of the window."
History would suggest he rightly has no confidence or expectation it will get done. Just "hope"

and now what should be a period of history that really exciting seems to have been stripped away.….

the next 2 weeks will tell us all we need to know about the current owners, it’s gonna get really difficult for them, we aren’t Wendy and sit back for 3 years just letting the club go to ruin.

Murphy's comment about letting contracts get down to their last year is interesting, it's certainly not ideal, but once we got relegated I think its safe to say that Sander was never going to sign a new contract with us - and we've wanted Ndiaye to sign a new contract for a long time but he didn't want to sign. We can't make players sign, and the only real motivation we can offer is paying them even more money - given that we lost £30M-£40M last year (I think that's what the prince is on record as saying), it seems somewhat moronic to suggest that the solution to our problems was to spend even more money (that we don't have, and can't afford) to 'protect' our assets. The concept that players are assets and clubs should just keep paying them more money only makes sense if you can eventually sell them for a profit, or get to and retain a place in the EPL.

So it seems there’s no actual communication between Manager-Bettisss-Board…..

worrying, the Prince needs to be really careful as we’ll end up back in league 1 and his investment will be back to £1, while I understand the decision to sell, this decision should have been made months ago, put a line in the sand for the players to sign if they don’t then sell them, then the manager knows what he’s working with.

We gambled to not sell them in jan to give us a chance of promotion.

Now we’re up with all the riches we’ve accepted two offers which meet our threshold. So we can sell and try to bring in

I don’t think the prince sees premier league at all costs as a viable option, which is sensible when you have the funds we do.

So it appears the PH isn't even being kept in the loop on which players are leaving (and maybe the ones coming in?).

He seems to be getting plaudits from our fans for getting on with it, keeping his head down, acting professional etc. Didn't that used to be know as a "yes man"?

Hecky can't be blamed for any of this, but I'm pretty sure some managers wouldn't stand for it, and we might be even better off if that was the case.

We gambled to not sell them in jan to give us a chance of promotion.

Now we’re up with all the riches we’ve accepted two offers which meet our threshold. So we can sell and try to bring in

I don’t think the prince sees premier league at all costs as a viable option, which is sensible when you have the funds we do.
The Prince didn’t gamble, what happened was he was given money as an assurance. Ndiaye was sold but he flatly refused to go.

The Prince didn’t gamble, what happened was he was given money as an assurance. Ndiaye was sold but he flatly refused to go.
Can you expand on this please-

Not sure what you are saying?

He categorically denied this re Ndiaye in the SUW Q and A. Are you saying he was lying?

He was all but sold to Everton but the player said he didn’t want to go. I said at the time and it is a fact. The spin was the Prince decided not to sell as he chose to keep him to help our chances of promotion.

Back
Top Bottom