Have you ever been more embarrassed to be a Blade?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Care to elaborate on our "embarrassing Manager"
Complaining about refs eating sandwiches etc when we've been shit... Complaining about refereeing decisions in games where the decisions have gone massively in our favour, would have thought it was obvious

Complaining about refs eating sandwiches etc when we've been shit... Complaining about refereeing decisions in games where the decisions have gone massively in our favour, would have thought it was obvious
The sandwiches I might agree with you to an extent but I can't remember any matches where we have decisions massively in our favour this season at all

I've completely gone beyond embarrassed, angry, depressed etc to acceptance...

acceptance that we are down
acceptance that our players are no-way near good enough
acceptance that the plan all along was to go down and take the parachute cash
acceptance that the Prince hasn't got the Clubs best interests at heart
acceptance that a leopard, (Wilder) never changes its spots
acceptance that the fans don't matter
acceptance that I have spent a fucking fortune watching this dross
acceptance that I will not spend another penny on an away day this season

I was walking through our town, (midlands) the other day wearing my SUFC bodywarmer when a family friend saw us, we chatted, he asked me if I was embarrassed to wear the bodywarmer in public, "absolutely not" was my reply....and that is 100% genuine. I will never be embarrassed of SUFC, it's not the Club, it is the people running it from top to bottom that are the problem.

apart from the 8-0 WHICH WAS HORIFIC seen us lose 5-0 in promotion years
Don Givens missing a penalty to put us in div 4 will still take precedent over losing to teams that cost a billion pounds to put together

We could either be super embarrassed at not being in the billionaire ownners club league or just accept its like a road sweeper trying to join marbella golf club

I still think getting relegated to Division 4 back in 1981 was my worst moment of being a Blade especially as we were still in Division 1 in 1976. It was the culmination of a most desperate period of shit football in our history.

This season has been bad but we're miles better than those dark days.
This ^

I've never been embarrassed to be a Blade, why the fuck would I? Nobody forced me to take a shine to the club, nobody promised me a rose garden so fuck being embarrassed for something that I chose to become.

If it embarrasses you, feel free to fuck right off because you aren't a fan. Days like today hurt, a lot but that's life. Stick your chest out, smack anybody in the mouth who gives you any shit and crack on.

Never got the 'ashamed to be a Blade' bollocks that I've seen from time to time, same with the embarrassed shite.

UTBFTP 👊👊👊
My thoughts exactly, why would I be “embarrassed” at supporting my local football team?

No, I have never been embarrassed to be a Blade, or of my club.

Embarrassed by things like signing Marlon Harewood, & performances like Altchringham away in the FA Cup (3-0), & Walsall on that horrific day we dropped out of Division Three, but a heavy defeat in the Premier League, not so much.
When did we sign Marlon Harewood?
Edit: oh, sorry , you meant Marlon King. Yes, that was embarrassing.

It's the absolute fucking pits.

It's even worse than the covid season which takes some doing and at least we didn't have to attend in person.

It's that bad it has you questioning if there is any point to it at all. Save your money and sanity for something productive and enjoyable

People will bring up Adkins and the league one years I’m sure but fuck me, have we ever been so fucking embarrassing on an international stage so consistently?

This is fucking shite. I left after the third goal today and I didnt feel a fucking thing. We deserve to be remembered as one of the worst teams in Premier League history.

Every single one of our players should be fucking ashamed of the part they have played in one of the most pathetic teams in English footballing history.
Can’t fault you I mate. I also left after 3rd goal. Think it’s the come down after all the promise of last season

We dodged a bullet in some respects with that shit blobbing a league below us

Nobody seems to know what they're doing, from the manager down imo, will continue to support, but no emotion atm about results or way we're playing, just going to games regardless

I actually passed the embarrassment stage a while ago and am now squarely in couldn't go give a fuck territory.

Luton was the last match I attended and that was only due to it being Boxing Day. Since then I have listened in or watched the odd stream intermittently, whilst doing other things.

Yesterday I turned off when the 2nd went in and focussed on making a nice dinner for the family.

Fuck this season.
What did you have ?

What did you have ?

A slow cooked curry, with shin of beef.

Served onion bhajis and raita (which were both home made) rice, poppadoms and naan.

Fucking banging it was :) unlike our performances :(

S
A slow cooked curry, with shin of beef.

Served onion bhajis and raita (which were both home made) rice, poppadoms and naan.

Fucking banging it was :) unlike our performances :(
sounds lovely

If you ever have any left overs ……

Sadly, there is something paying punters can do, and they did it. In droves before the final whistle.Vote with their feet!
Not you or I, but a fair amount of em, won’t be buying a season ticket,next season either.Who can blame em.The owners raked in their money, and the Sky tv money,then decided not to compete in this division.
Good luck with that riding it out strategy,cowboy, you may be in the saddle for a very long and depressing time.Still the queues for the toilet and a beer won’t be as long!

It's the absolute fucking pits.

It's even worse than the covid season which takes some doing and at least we didn't have to attend in person.

It's that bad it has you questioning if there is any point to it at all. Save your money and sanity for something productive and enjoyable
Most of us have paid up front anyway with season tickets.We live local,have a beer or two,meet old mates and enjoy the company we keep.
The football….and I use that term very loosely this season,is very obviously but paradoxically secondary.

Grow up you massive drip BettingBlade

Are you fallowfield in disguise they chant

Were you there in league one ? I can tell you it was far worse

I was there and didnt miss a single game that season and i havent this year and i stayed till the 90th mnute on saturday evening

We have been in the majority of the games bar 1 or 2 since wilder has come in

Give your head a wobblle

Grow up you massive drip BettingBlade

Are you fallowfield in disguise they chant

Were you there in league one ? I can tell you it was far worse

I was there and didnt miss a single game that season and i havent this year and i stayed till the 90th mnute on saturday evening

We have been in the majority of the games bar 1 or 2 since wilder has come in

Give your head a wobblle
A9FB9FAA-853B-4115-8815-E11B5F7D660B.jpeg

People will bring up Adkins and the league one years I’m sure but fuck me, have we ever been so fucking embarrassing on an international stage so consistently?

This is fucking shite. I left after the third goal today and I didnt feel a fucking thing. We deserve to be remembered as one of the worst teams in Premier League history.

Every single one of our players should be fucking ashamed of the part they have played in one of the most pathetic teams in English footballing history.

If you're so embarrassed by poor performances, maybe footballs not really the sport for you?

If you're so embarrassed by poor performances, maybe footballs not really the sport for you?
If you cant be bothered to read the OP properly, maybe a football forum isnt the place for you?

If you cant be bothered to read the OP properly, maybe a football forum isnt the place for you?
I responded to the first post which seemed fairly straightforward even if liberally sprinkled with fuckings.
Did you intend to say something else?
Perhaps you were 'outraged' as well?

I responded to the first post which seemed fairly straightforward even if liberally sprinkled with fuckings.
Did you intend to say something else?
Perhaps you were 'outraged' as well?
It’s about more than just poor performances.

Don’t worry, you’re not the first to miss the context.

You asked for it. This is FAR FAR worse than what's going on now

View attachment 178819

ALSO - is that a young David Brooks (between Bash and Fucknut)?
We werent getting our arses handed to us in the biggest league in the world back then though. We were obviously complete dogger but no one other than us actually cared.

This season we’re just a complete laughing stock.

Living in NI I have never been embarrassed to be a blade. Infact quite the opposite, I am absolutely delighted to display the badge regardless of the league we are in or current results. I stand tall in the knowledge that I pour my affections on a truly amazing football club while most of my friends, neighbours, colleagues etc profess their loyalty to premier League big 6 clubs in pursuit of glory.

We werent getting our arses handed to us in the biggest league in the world back then though. We were obviously complete dogger but no one other than us actually cared.

This season we’re just a complete laughing stock.
You shouldn't care what others think of us.
Leave that to the blue half

This was pretty cringe. Unsurprisingly came back and bit the club on the arse, too. Good old McCabe, no bigger blade than him…

Attachments

• IMG_2918.jpeg
    IMG_2918.jpeg
    71.7 KB · Views: 5

Back
Top Bottom