Have you ever been more embarrassed to be a Blade?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I was there too. Absolutely bloody freezing cold. There weren't many Blades fans there that day, so we may have been stood next to each other.
Steve Faulkner in defence. We were in the lower tier you can see in the background of the below photo

1707054667150.png

No, I have never been embarrassed to be a Blade, or of my club.

Embarrassed by things like signing Marlon Harewood, & performances like Altchringham away in the FA Cup (3-0), & Walsall on that horrific day we dropped out of Division Three, but a heavy defeat in the Premier League, not so much.

If you're embarrassed by the performances of the football club you support,
maybe football isn't the sporting past time for you?

I apologise for actually giving a fuck about the club I follow rather than blindly clapping it into oblivion

The only time I have been embarrassed is when I slipped and fell on the floor at the back of the Kop last season.

I'm not embarrassed.

Why should I be?

It's them that put the shirts on, kick the ball around, and run about that should be embarrassed.

All I do is put my season ticket money in and go to watch em.

The current crap has nothing to do with me, so what have I got to be embarrassed about?

Scunthorpe 4-0 still is the worst for me.
We actually played well during that game though. It's one of the most bizarre hammerings I've seen in pro football.

And tbf it could have been 5 or 6.

I still think getting relegated to Division 4 back in 1981 was my worst moment of being a Blade especially as we were still in Division 1 in 1976. It was the culmination of a most desperate period of shit football in our history.

This season has been bad but we're miles better than those dark days.

Well, things often cycle and having seen that shower last night I wouldn’t be surprised to see a similar fate befall us in 5 years time!!!
We need an owner to take over who has a knowledge of what is needed and can employ the right people to get it. Someone to overhaul the club from top to bottom and throw whatever funds are needed to get us to being a competitive club ready for the premier league in future.
Because I can say without any fear of being wrong that we haven’t a snowflakes
chance in hell of coming back up while the Prince is the owner.
Not only does he lack the funds he lacks the leadership or knowledge to rebuild the club to improve.
We are run like a lower league club and that is where we are heading, we wont get lucky with Wilder again somehow finding freebies and cheap signings that will be able to compete again.

I used to wear the full SUFC regalia (shirt,hat,scarf etc) with great pride, as I rolled up to Alfreton train station to great bemusement of the sneering mobs of scab fans on the opposite platform…wankers! But since our weekly humiliation became a thing, I’ve tended to be little bit more low key.

An
Ah the years that literally nobody outside United gives a fuck about or even remembers.

Wake the fuck up. We are a laughing stock.
Why would anyone outside of United give a fuck about us now🤔.
I doubt our fans give a fuck about anyone else.
I really don't get the embarrassment. It's only football.
Neither do I understand the aggression toward fellow fans.
Emotions can be chosen.They're not forced upon and life's easier when we don't take ownership of them🙏👍

You’re reyt hard you, bet they part like the Red Sea when you walk past

Bit of a strange comment, the chances of me being anywhere near the Red Sea are zero and who are 'they' who are going to part it?

You're stIll pissed off because we had a disagreement about the Prince a while back, maybe that's why you're being petty.

Why would i be embarrassed to support the Blades, Supported them man and boy for going on 55 years .We are in the prem granted not doing well but id rather have this over the old div 4 days now that was embarrassing

Embarrassed by things like signing Marlon Harewood, & performances like Altchringham away in the FA Cup (3-0), & Walsall on that horrific day we dropped out of Division Three, but a heavy defeat in the Premier League, not so much.
Signing Marlon Harewood was more embarrassing than having Osborne etc represent us in what is supposed to be the league for the worlds elite players?

People trying to get praise by leaving early?
Better off without you
In almost 50!years of being a blades season ticket holder I’ve created 2 records for myself this season.
1. First time I’ve ever left a home game early (Newcastle)
2. First time I’ve EVER left a match in the first half.
I’ve seen some real shite in all my years of watching United. Surprisingly I’ve seen worse than this but if the players can’t put in the minimum requirement then I’ll be fucked if I’m going to sit there and watch another hour of drivel while everyone on the pitch just goes through the motions.

I've only read pages 1-3.

I was reading the other thread as well about news reports etc.
It's nothing new for newspapers/tv/etc. to have 'click bait' as we say now. But, it's always been the same in the past with newspapers etc. If they didn't, people will read/watch something else. I even use it on my youtube channel sometimes and get far more views when I use titles that I don't like to use.

Here, I think the question really is worded in a way that creates a debate... and argument, but with slight adjustment to the question, then it becomes more black and white.

If the question was split into 2:
1. Have you ever been embarrassed to be a Blade?
2. Is this season [a bit] embarrassing?

I'm pretty sure I'd be able to guess both answers from most people.

(my answers, for what it's worth)
1. No
2. Yes

-

Just randomly, but maybe funny for people who like random stuff.
I'm still in Asia, so I watch everything the next day as game are at ridiculous o'clock here, and recently I've started seeing an Asian lass, and she sees me watching the highlights (she can't speak English btw) - and said to me (in our communication language), why do you always watch this?, and use the f* word so much, and then are in a bad mood! Made me laugh, and I didn't realise - but reminded me of UK and it would ruin my weekend when we lose. I watched this highlights and I think she counted 20 times in the 2mins and 30 seconds highlights, haha!
5 f'ing nil, FFS. Then as the goals were going in, F*Hell, WTF*, F*me! F'ing no chance, F'ing that! I'm F'd off.

I've only read pages 1-3.

I was reading the other thread as well about news reports etc.
It's nothing new for newspapers/tv/etc. to have 'click bait' as we say now. But, it's always been the same in the past with newspapers etc. If they didn't, people will read/watch something else. I even use it on my youtube channel sometimes and get far more views when I use titles that I don't like to use.

Here, I think the question really is worded in a way that creates a debate... and argument, but with slight adjustment to the question, then it becomes more black and white.

If the question was split into 2:
1. Have you ever been embarrassed to be a Blade?
2. Is this season [a bit] embarrassing?

I'm pretty sure I'd be able to guess both answers from most people.

(my answers, for what it's worth)
1. No
2. Yes

-

Just randomly, but maybe funny for people who like random stuff.
I'm still in Asia, so I watch everything the next day as game are at ridiculous o'clock here, and recently I've started seeing an Asian lass, and she sees me watching the highlights (she can't speak English btw) - and said to me (in our communication language), why do you always watch this?, and use the f* word so much, and then are in a bad mood! Made me laugh, and I didn't realise - but reminded me of UK and it would ruin my weekend when we lose. I watched this highlights and I think she counted 20 times in the 2mins and 30 seconds highlights, haha!
5 f'ing nil, FFS. Then as the goals were going in, F*Hell, WTF*, F*me! F'ing no chance, F'ing that! I'm F'd off.
Someone has made a similar point actually regarding the OP. If I’m honest, my feelings are closer to the second question in that there really is no hiding place from our pathetic showings in the Premier League.

Thats the embarrassing bit, the fact that our shitty pants are hung on the line for all to see and slag off.

Bit of a strange comment, the chances of me being anywhere near the Red Sea are zero and who are 'they' who are going to part it?

You're stIll pissed off because we had a disagreement about the Prince a while back, maybe that's why you're being petty.
Why would I be pissed off about that? You were clearly wrong 😂

I just think people acting hard is embarrassing

Signing Marlon Harewood was more embarrassing than having Osborne etc represent us in what is supposed to be the league for the worlds elite players?
Absolutely it is. Check out his off field activities, , a despicable human being.

I think you meant Marlon King not Harewood

I'll never be embarrassed to be a Blade, im embarrassed by disrespect the players have for the fans!!
If you want to play for the club, give your all, try, make it a fight for other clubs coming to our ground!
If you don't want to play for the club, fuck off!
I don't want to see you in the shirt if you don't respect it, the club or us fans, simply don't put the shirt on again, refuse to play, walk out, pretend your injured, I don't care, we don't deserve the shit your serving up, and the management are to blame just as much!
Pick a team, not just a group of footballers, if you can call them that!, I'd rather watch the younger lads or prerifery players on the pitch giving it all for the shirt, that the superstars that couldn't give a shit!!
It's time to look at the bigger picture, were the laughing stock of the league, and thats not what Sheffield United should be!

SORT IT OUT OR FUCK OFF!

Last edited:
For years I have said that I am disillusioned with football in general especially since 1992 but I will always support the Blades through thick and thin. I don’t love or hate our owner but I can't see anyone richer than him being interested in taking over our club because we have never been a glamorous club etc. We are definitely a better run club than the likes of Wendy, Birmingham City and Derby County.
I always am disappointed when we lose but when I get home I never take it out on my family or my friends when I go out.
Good man.
Like you I’ve been a Blade, through thick n thin since the 60’s and will continue to be so, no matter what.
They’re my club, I love em.
Where we differ is you have set a very low bar in respect of your ambitions for the club eg being a better run club than Wednesday, whereas I aim a little higher, than that, but not unrealistically so. For example, all I wanted for this season,was to be as competitive as Luton and Burnley, in this Division, and if we still had a chance of staying up with about 6 games to go, I’d be happy with that.Most Blades would have been,I reckon.
Sadly our own Chairman scuppered those meagre ambitions by selling our best 2 players on literally the eve of the season, and in doing so,whipped the ground from underneath the manager, and killed all hope of being competitive before a ball was kicked.Quite why he had let these players, our most prized assets,reach the last year of their contract, forcing him,he claims, to sell at the very last minute, is a moot point.In my view, it was nothing short of an act of gross negligence,or a callous disregard for the club, it’s management, fans, and reputation,no matter what spin he cares to put on it.Look at our dealings in the summer transfer window and tell me,we are on the whole any better off financially or player-wise.
It’s a good job the Prem, don’t operate like Boxing boards.In boxing they have the right to withhold the purse, if a boxer is found not trying to compete.In such circumstances, the Prem, may have mounted an argument that our owners, quite simply haven’t even tried to compete this season.
I hold him personally responsible for the shit show this season has been, and do not buy into the current malaise, that some Prince apologists,have settled into, trooping the usual guff about, we’ve been worse,better the devil you know, we’re Blades get used to it!
He’s happy to take the plaudits, when things are going well.To my knowledge the only time we saw hide or hair of him last season,was at Wembley for the Cup sem-final, and walking round the pitch waving to the fans after we’d won promotion, on the back of Hecky and Illy working miracles.So, he should rightly come in for criticism, when largely due to him, things go pear-shaped.What are the chances if him actually turning up for a game, and walking round the pitch, waving,at a game this season?We know the answer to that!
Up the Blades!

I apologise for actually giving a fuck about the club I follow rather than blindly clapping it into oblivion.

Serious question, as we all give a fuck and I doubt many have been clapping this season but what's the plan? The club's not even close to disappearing into oblivion, all things considered we're on a pretty even keel considering we're for sale. Football wise we're fucking dire, with Championship players regularly outclassed in the billionaires league but us being us, I can't say I'm suprised as historically, with a few exceptions we've been a team that's pretty apologetic and not too concerned about upsetting the big boys.

The Prince gave us hope, he stopped us being a selling club and did actually splash some cash. Nowhere near enough but he doesn't have it, hence the for sale sign. Dropping the asking price? Who knows what you'll get then, maybe an even poorer version of Dozy. There's no easy fix, we have to ride it out because as supporters, in the real world there's fuck all else we can do.

Serious question, as we all give a fuck and I doubt many have been clapping this season but what's the plan? The club's not even close to disappearing into oblivion, all things considered we're on a pretty even keel considering we're for sale. Football wise we're fucking dire, with Championship players regularly outclassed in the billionaires league but us being us, I can't say I'm suprised as historically, with a few exceptions we've been a team that's pretty apologetic and not too concerned about upsetting the big boys.

The Prince gave us hope, he stopped us being a selling club and did actually splash some cash. Nowhere near enough but he doesn't have it, hence the for sale sign. Dropping the asking price? Who knows what you'll get then, maybe an even poorer version of Dozy. There's no easy fix, we have to ride it out because as supporters, in the real world there's fuck all else we can do.

Sadly, there is something paying punters can do, and they did it. In droves before the final whistle.Vote with their feet!
Not you or I, but a fair amount of em, won’t be buying a season ticket,next season either.Who can blame em.The owners raked in their money, and the Sky tv money,then decided not to compete in this division.
Good luck with that riding it out strategy,cowboy, you may be in the saddle for a very long and depressing time.Still the queues for the toilet and a beer won’t be as long!

You're missing the opening posters point... do you know for example how Charlton are doing without having to look up their results? Of course you don't

Out shitness and embarrassing manager is broadcast to the world, if you you soil your trousers in the local pub with 3 blokes and a dog in, its less embarrassing that doing it on the centre spot at a packed wembley stadium
Care to elaborate on our "embarrassing Manager"

People will bring up Adkins and the league one years I’m sure but fuck me, have we ever been so fucking embarrassing on an international stage so consistently?

This is fucking shite. I left after the third goal today and I didnt feel a fucking thing. We deserve to be remembered as one of the worst teams in Premier League history.

Every single one of our players should be fucking ashamed of the part they have played in one of the most pathetic teams in English footballing history.
Going down to division 4 is alot worse than what we find ourselves in now trust me

Back
Top Bottom