Have you ever been more embarrassed to be a Blade?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

People will bring up Adkins and the league one years I’m sure but fuck me, have we ever been so fucking embarrassing on an international stage so consistently?

This is fucking shite. I left after the third goal today and I didnt feel a fucking thing. We deserve to be remembered as one of the worst teams in Premier League history.

Every single one of our players should be fucking ashamed of the part they have played in one of the most pathetic teams in English footballing history.
It’s pretty embarrassing - prem shown all around the world and people are laughing at us every week.

I would say though that there was no embarrassment with the league 1 years, the frustration there was that the expectations set by the board didn’t translate on the pitch, we were no ‘bigger’ than anybody else.

I still think getting relegated to Division 4 back in 1981 was my worst moment of being a Blade especially as we were still in Division 1 in 1976. It was the culmination of a most desperate period of shit football in our history.

This season has been bad but we're miles better than those dark days.
For now , yes in two years if things at the top don’t change - who knows

My general football knowledge is not great, but what happened to the players who were in that Derby squad. Feel like the players should be fighting for their own survival at this rate. Angel to napoli (or another relatively big club) will never happen with performances like yesterday.

It’s been spent on the running costs of the club, as has been explained to you on numerous occasions. Bad decisions were made, however there isn’t some mysterious black hole into which the money has disappeared.

Abdullah and/or UW can’t take any money for himself without the accounts reflecting this, they don't apart from 2 or 3 million £ to UW over the last couple of years so stop bleating on about it.
It’s boring how the uninformed come out with this shit time after time,”weers muney gone “,there is some proper dumb idiots on this board. I wouldn’t like to guess how much the running costs of the club was for this week,never mind a season of it.

Not embarrassed at all. Been a Blade for 50 years and seen plenty of embarrassing teams / players / performances. This team is one of the best teams I've ever seen, we are just miles out of our depth in this league, and we knew that at the start of the season.

Would I like to see us compete, of course, the effort yesterday was appalling and not something any Blade will ever accept, but we are playing teams who have players who cost £50m on their bench and earn £100k a week. We brought on Osborne, and improved!

It's becoming almost impossible to compete now for promoted teams like us. You won't have the players to compete on promotion, but if you buy them, like Forest did, you break PSR and get a points deduction, are still close to the relegation zone losing most matches and put the club in massive financial risk when relegated. No thanks. I'll take this embarrassment if it means we have a club that will be competitive next year and still in existence. Maybe it's an age thing and the cult of the Premier League. Some seem desperate to be part of it, personally if I never see it again I couldn't care less. In fact I hope it all collapses in on itself.

Yes we need to compete more, and both transfer windows could have been much better but essentially we'd still be where we are, losing most games. The joke is, the fans of other teams I know who are trying to take the piss support teams who are far worse than us and can only dream of being in the Premier League, and frankly i couldn't care less about their views, or the views of fans who support Man U etc., who dont even know where Manchester is and have never been toa game in their lives. And I care even less about the views of Shearer and Talksport experts.

Yes, I found it embarrassing being in the 3rd and 4th division years, losing 4-0 to Wendy was terrible. In those years I didn't bother going to some home games.

This season I am still going to some away games.
You're missing the opening posters point... do you know for example how Charlton are doing without having to look up their results? Of course you don't

Out shitness and embarrassing manager is broadcast to the world, if you you soil your trousers in the local pub with 3 blokes and a dog in, its less embarrassing that doing it on the centre spot at a packed wembley stadium

Ollie Watkins “ for a back 5 he was surprised at the amount of space”

That’s the bloody problem. Wilders tactics are shite. Same as Heckys. Same problems every match but as some say in this thread
“don’t worry about it”.

Nope and ever will be, 100% blade no matter what,. Yes we are shit and our club is a shambles... it always has been apart from 1st wilder season in prem..

I will never stop supporting our team. I've been here during all the low times and never left early and never will.

Proud to be a blade, there's much worse we could all be. We are just not good enough for the Premier league at the minute with the current ownership. Never be embarrassed of your roots.
Once a Blade always a Blade.
Thats for all Blades fans.

People will bring up Adkins and the league one years I’m sure but fuck me, have we ever been so fucking embarrassing on an international stage so consistently?

This is fucking shite. I left after the third goal today and I didnt feel a fucking thing. We deserve to be remembered as one of the worst teams in Premier League history.

Every single one of our players should be fucking ashamed of the part they have played in one of the most pathetic teams in English footballing history.
I think the title to this thread would have been better as "have ever been more embarrassed by the team"

Still a lot to be proud about as a blade the fact that 30k plus still turn up to watch this shit for one and the fact we're still much better than Wednesday

Last edited:
I'm not embarrassed because I've never thought we could stop up.

The PL has moved on again since we were here 3 years ago.

However, whilst I don't remotely think we're under-achieving by being in the bottom three, I think we could have put up more of a fight.

I don't expect us to beat Villa today but our approach and defending for the first hour was sheer cowardice imho.
Can you explain to me how Luton are going to stay up then? It was always possible to get a foothold, always is, it's just we fked our summer recruitment up and then hired a busted flush manager.

Embarrassing performance(s) but it's hardly the same as losing to shit L1 teams in the Adkins era.

Maybe feels more embarrassing as more public awareness. But I don't give a shit what the majority if know-nothing "Premier League fans" think.

Suppose I should have stayed until the end and got my cock out because they tried so very very hard
Is this a proposal for a more effective demonstration than shoes off in the car park, tennis balls, whistles etc…
If so you might be on to something here….
Imagine Sky showing footage of thousands of grown man waving their Todgers around… would get media coverage … but in fairness that would be embarassing I think
In respect to the OP I can own witnessing many United displays over the years that were embarassing in the sense of naive formations/poor subs/players not giving a shit etc. but embarrassed to be a Blade..?? I never have and never will……
Being a Blade transcends any manager any players any seasons or individual matches …..
As Louie Armstrong stated regards Jazz, if you have to ask what being a Blade is about, you’ll never know….

I think the title to this thread would have been better as "have ever been more embarrassed by the team"

Still a lot to be proud about as a blade the fact that 30k plus still turn up to watch this shit for one and the fact we're still much better than Wednesday
Thats probably more what I meant tbf.

It's the only time I've ever been even slightly embarrassed. Never seen us be such feeble pushovers on such a big stage before

Isn't it terrific how both yesterday and the Newcastle game were in the day's biggest TV viewing slots? Those players can't have too much pride

As fans our embarrassment has to be limited as we have little to do with it. But the owner has everything to do with it. It's mainly his embarrassment. He's a disgrace

If, by some miracle, we go up again next season then the Premier League should prohibit us from going up. If we're not going to take it seriously and not going to try to give it a go then why should they let us in again?

It's like when teams get promoted to League Two but their grounds are up to scratch. They get refused promotion.

"Sorry Sheffield United, we've seen your squad, your proposed wage bill, your proposed transfer budget and the list of players from the Icelandic second division that you've scouted, but we can't let you in as it's not good enough. We gave you £130mil and you have the lowest wage bill, so what have you done with it? You can't blame Covid/Brexit/Ukraine War."
We have insulted the league. When I see that little c*nt Tim Sherwood showing absolute disdain for us, I don't like it, I don't like him.... but I can hardly blame him. We've turned up and not even tried to make a go of it

Have you ever been more embarrassed to be a Blade?​

Nothing could ever make me own up to being embarrassed to be a Blade,(embarrassed,upset,angry at Results yes) but not for being a Blade.

Its shit being the whipping boys week in week out in the Premier League i dont like it nobody likes it,there will be more thrashings along the way ive no doubt.

Being a Blade ive witnessed some heartbreaking defeats in my time as others will have,Walsall/ Givens and what that meant,Boxing Day Massacre,Wembley v Pigs,Play off final v Wolves,and there are many more.
Well aye, this is bang on isn't it? No, I'd never be embarrassed to be a Blade, would never stop going or proudly saying I'm a Blade. But absolutely I think this side are performing embarrassingly and last night the defending (just through balls straight up the middle either side of Anel which really, you'd be a bit embarrassed about at Sunday League) was embarrassing.

Most of all the lack of heart and pride is embarrassing. We've been unbelievably shite in the past but always had fight.

Yes definitely we can't compete, it's how the club's being run etc but that last night was just giving in. I honestly think I'd rather lose 10-0 than be 4-0 down after half an hour and the opposition manager admit what we could all see, that they "showed us respect" by not trying to humiliate us. That is plain fucking embarrassing. Doesn't mean we're ashamed/embarrassed to be Blades though.

It’s been spent on the running costs of the club, as has been explained to you on numerous occasions. Bad decisions were made, however there isn’t some mysterious black hole into which the money has disappeared.

Abdullah and/or UW can’t take any money for himself without the accounts reflecting this, they don't apart from 2 or 3 million £ to UW over the last couple of years so stop bleating on about it.
Bettis on his way to the bank

Imgres.jpg

Yes lots of times, usually straight after I have written something on shoutbox or one of the threads

Only one bloke who should be embarrassed and (a) he’s not a Blade and (b) He couldn’t give a shiny shit.

Have you ever been more embarrassed to be a Blade?​

Nothing could ever make me own up to being embarrassed to be a Blade,(embarrassed,upset,angry at Results yes) but not for being a Blade.

Its shit being the whipping boys week in week out in the Premier League i dont like it nobody likes it,there will be more thrashings along the way ive no doubt.

Being a Blade ive witnessed some heartbreaking defeats in my time as others will have,Walsall/ Givens and what that meant,Boxing Day Massacre,Wembley v Pigs,Play off final v Wolves,and there are many more.
Yes - this

I will always love the Blades, but at the moment , and especially the self inflicted damage caused by the Princes 2 year abdication, I don’t bloody like them and I’m angry at them .

I don't feel embarrassed, I usually make a joke about it when people ask who I support.

In terms of the club, fucking it up so badly in the league with the most exposure in the world is probably the most embarrassing position they've been in, and it will only cement everyone's view about us as 'plucky northern hard-working (but no skill) Sheffield United' for another generation.

It was obviously embarrassing watching the pathetic performances under Adkins, but no-one outside Sheffield cared or probably even know what SUFC were doing.

It's the only time I've ever been even slightly embarrassed. Never seen us be such feeble pushovers on such a big stage before

Isn't it terrific how both yesterday and the Newcastle game were in the day's biggest TV viewing slots? Those players can't have too much pride

As fans our embarrassment has to be limited as we have little to do with it. But the owner has everything to do with it. It's mainly his embarrassment. He's a disgrace

We have insulted the league. When I see that little c*nt Tim Sherwood showing absolute disdain for us, I don't like it, I don't like him.... but I can hardly blame him. We've turned up and not even tried to make a go of it
That’s true

There are varied views on this forum , and perhaps each have their merits tbh .

But .. can anyone , truly , honestly, provide and substantive evidence of where we have actually …..given it a go this season ?

I can’t

We have surrended. Simple. They have totally given up. Including wilder. We are in danger of Becoming the very worse side in top flight history. I honestly can’t see us getting another point. Absolutely embarrassing. What the fuck is it all about?

Back
Top Bottom