Have EFL charged Forest yet?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

It seems this hasn’t happened. No real warning to anyone.
Premier league clubs clearly have a huge amount of power (via their financial clout and the legal services they can buy).
Man City seem to have been using it in various cases for a while. Now we see Forest using it here. The FA and other footballing authorities seem to be particularly weak in comparison.

I think invading the pitch and attacking players is becoming normalised, and is on the rise. This ruling is definitely a step that will make it more (rather than less) likely to occur again. In terms of player safety, and that of officials, the minmal punishment for a club that failed to prevent a criminal assault on a player is clearly not going to give any incentive to others to make sure this doesn’t happen again.

When clubs start using their huge financial resources to brush away real safety concerns, and make future incidents more likely, then I think the direction of travel needs addressing.

The guy advocating for us was actually our chairman who is a kc. I don't think we've thrown any significant resources at it.

I don't know all the legalese and what the west ham v fa ruling was but essentially it looked like they were saying that from a safety point of view, the correct planning and preparation were largely undertaken and aside from not having stewards with no gaps between them, there wasn't a lot to be done.

The chaotic factor to this is that its thousands of charged individuals (some by booze,some by drugs but all by emotion). In the context, that is almost impossible to stop if as a collective they decide to go on the pitch en masse.

That's the thing that needs to stop and perhaps disproportionate action is needed to stop it. Surely the efl clubs signing up to a charter at the start of the season that essentially says they will take a 3 point hit if any fans on the pitch cannot be identified and that might help?

What makes it worse is Port Vale were fined £15k for their invasion and assault of Swindon players which might be a lot for them. But then you look at Huddersfield who had a pitch invasion no players were attacked and they get a fine of £70,000 a cool 20k more than Forest where multiple United players were attacked one seriously. The FA are a disgrace :mad:

perhaps disproportionate action is needed to stop it. Surely the efl clubs signing up to a charter at the start of the season that essentially says they will take a 3 point hit if any fans on the pitch cannot be identified and that might help?
Unfortunately, I’d imagine you’d immediately get opposition fans just getting tickets and running straight onto the pitch if that happened.

The only effective punishments here would be financial.

In terms of ‘what more could be done’, then there are always more measures that could be put in place, it’s just about how much they’d cost.

There was ‘nothing that could be done’ about crowd safety issues in previous decades. Until there was a tragedy. And then we rebuilt dozens of brand new stadiums and stands across the country at a cost of hundreds of millions.

This issue of safety is nothing like the same scale, but there should be enough money in the footballing system to prevent the rise in these sort of events that seem to be happening; and them saying “well we had some stewards” followed by a shrug just seems a bit pathetic.

Utter joke, it’s not a punishment in the slightest and will do nothing to ensure they do anything differently in future.

It’s the second time when issues raised around this fixture have resulted in whataboutery blatantly blaming the manager or players of Sheffield United too. This should have been called out for what it was and the real issue at hand focused on.

With the attitude of the police/stewards on the evening, I’m surprised there isn’t a statement blaming our fans either.

If this had happened at the Lane, there isn’t a hope we’d have got off so lightly.

I seem to recall they’d been putting out messages for multiple weeks before about Pyro/smoke bomb usage due to existing issues, was it just completely ignored?

Utter joke, it’s not a punishment in the slightest and will do nothing to ensure they do anything differently in future.

It’s the second time when issues raised around this fixture have resulted in whataboutery blatantly blaming the manager or players of Sheffield United too. This should have been called out for what it was and the real issue at hand focused on.

With the attitude of the police/stewards on the evening, I’m surprised there isn’t a statement blaming our fans either.

If this had happened at the Lane, there isn’t a hope we’d have got off so lightly.

I seem to recall they’d been putting out messages for multiple weeks before about Pyro/smoke bomb usage due to existing issues, was it just completely ignored?
Remember parts of the kop were closed off this season by safety officers as there was potential safety issues, costing the club alot more than 50k, as l commented earlier the PFA need to be more vocal in the interests of player safety before there's anymore incidents like what happened to Billy.

The guy advocating for us was actually our chairman who is a kc. I don't think we've thrown any significant resources at it.

I don't know all the legalese and what the west ham v fa ruling was but essentially it looked like they were saying that from a safety point of view, the correct planning and preparation were largely undertaken and aside from not having stewards with no gaps between them, there wasn't a lot to be done.

The chaotic factor to this is that its thousands of charged individuals (some by booze,some by drugs but all by emotion). In the context, that is almost impossible to stop if as a collective they decide to go on the pitch en masse.

That's the thing that needs to stop and perhaps disproportionate action is needed to stop it. Surely the efl clubs signing up to a charter at the start of the season that essentially says they will take a 3 point hit if any fans on the pitch cannot be identified and that might help?
Most vile shitstain of a football club that ever dribbled out of your drug dealing corrupt chairman's arse

You can bet your life too that Forest put pressure on Nottinghamshire Police to charge McBurnie and Brewster of assault when there was never any chance of a conviction.
Within minutes of Florist fans discovering Billy had been assaulted their fans forum were discussing how they feared ground closures. Enter the 12 year old with his posting of his video alleging Mcburnie had assaulted a fan and Notts police twitter account was inundated with hundreds of requests from their fans to take action against him desperate to shift the focus onto SUFC and not them.

Sadly Florist supporter the local police and crime commissioner got on the band wagon as did the odious Simon Jordan who had a Florist supporting journo mate with a first had accounts of what allegedly happened and the witch hunt ensued.

Following the action being virtually laughed out of Court by the local magistrates the PFA issued a statement that McB's case should never have gone to Court and raised concerns about police attitude towards player protection. No apology has been forthcoming from Nottinghamshire constabulary or reflection on how they could have handled the situation better. Todays shameful commission ruling only adds to the concern that the police and football authorities are burying their heads in the sand when it comes to player safety as the little slaps on the wrist sanctions for Clubs do nothing to deter those who wish to enter the pitch and violently assault players/staff and officials. Only when someone is killed will they be fully held to account for their failings but those responsible will again desperately seek to shift the blame as Florist FC and its officials have done during this hearing.

We can all agree that the fine doesn't fit. I personally think it should be on a percentage of current match day income and not deferred as the "crime" has already been committed. Although if we are looking forwards we need to be thinking about ground redevelopment. The only sensible ground options is firstly to have as many tiers as possible so pitch invasions are limited to the bottom tiers. Next to have the double barrier and gate system like Wembley has where you have an inner parameter and then the outer one, yes this means fans are further from the pitch but acts as a safety measure. Football life bans will only work if biometric data is collected when they are handed out, as I know a few people that were banned from football in the 70s and 80s but go now as they quite obviously they don't look like they did back then, plus that doesn't really work, again unless you have tech involved as we always see with away matches and people selling tickets on to others/piggy backing onto loyalty points etc if they want to get around it and aren't easily recognised they will. Plus in some ways having the fans in the ground the police and other services know where they are rather than them being in the pub for 2+ hours whilst the game is on.

It scares the shit out of me to think how things would go evacuating the second tier in an emergency. One thing you have with the bottom tier is getting onto the pitch. Surely there must be some clever approaches that balance safety and security

It scares the shit out of me to think how things would go evacuating the second tier in an emergency. One thing you have with the bottom tier is getting onto the pitch. Surely there must be some clever approaches that balance safety and security
That's what it has got to be about, realistically in a massive emergency what chance have you got at either tier 3 of Wembley or mid kop at BDTBL, it's difficult to know which offer the best solutions

Remember, it's us that need to stay classy apparently!

Proper bunch o' cunts.

Outrageous decision , a slap on the wrist , when a ground closure for one game should be the outcome - just no point small-fining a club that is now enjoying PL millions - the actual procedure will have cost the FA more than £25k - to have a player assaulted is unforgivable - the FA are piss-weak with their mates like Florist & Wet Sham , the bias is criminal.
Another home club or another team's assault victim and you would have seen a completely different punishment

Pig fan sucking up to the scabs on their forum, actually wretched 🤢

“Long live Brice Samba”

What a sad c*nt

I notice Forest's punishment didn't do anything to deter some Luton fans invading the pitch last night

This 'Hecky kicked a water bottle' defence is nonsense. How many Forest fans knew that had happened and how many Blades knew Billy had been assaulted at the time.

I stood and watched the Forest fans head towards the away end, only to be stopped by a line of stewards - I had no idea that Billy had been attacked and like most other fans in the ground, also knew nothing of the water bottle kicking. I only learnt of it when reported later.

This water bottle bollocks and Blades players inciting the crowd is a load of fucking shit.

Anyone who sits near the away dugouts at the Lane will know the amount of shouts that get thrown at the away dugout. Sometimes their bench start it but its very rare. Absolutely no one who sits round there can complain if they get a bit back. The fact their fans are fucking crying about it, just goes to show that maybe they should just shut the fuck up in future if a bit of banter compels them to run on the pitch and nut one of them.

Bunch of horrible fucking cunts.

Yes, I saw that happen live, found it hard to believe nobody mentioned it and no-one dragged the tosser out.
He was up and down screaming all game. Lad sat next to him looked embarrassed.

Back
Top Bottom