Have EFL charged Forest yet?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

VictoryBlade

BobbyJ
Reaction score
Good morning fello Blades, just wondering as one or 2 of you had previoulsy raised it?
Have Forest been charged by the EFL yet for failure to control their crowd and allowing them on the pitch which resulted in a Sheffield United player being asaulted and the culprit being sent to prison.
Surely SUFC have complained to the EFL but nothing appears to have happened.
I firmly beleive Forest should not get away with this and anyone who has/or intends to email the EFL (who make it difficult as possible to complain) I would urge you to share the outcome on this board.
I think as a set of fans we should inudate the EFL with complaints because i have the feeling this will be swept under the rug.

I know that there is a case against Brewster/McBurney, however, had Forest fans not been breaking the law further events would not have happened.

Your thoughts all please

I

I

I want to see them charged in the sense of fairness.

Remember when one person fired a flair into the away end at a derby? One isolated incident, one fan.

We had to close G+H blocks for the entire season.

So one fan with a convicted assault resulting in a prison sentence and a few thousand illegally encroaching on the pitch creating a threatening situation for the away players, some of which ended up in a close contact melee with said fans.

I'm sorry but that shouldn't result in ZERO punishment for the club.

They should be forced to play a match or two behind closed doors so their fans understand the repercussions. It should have been dealt with swiftly and them denied fans for the Play Off final. Failing that, a soon to be played PL game or two should send the right message.

If there is no punishment then every clubs' fans can expect to do this without punishment. What's with Forest? Does their shit not stink like everyone else's all of a sudden?

Might be they are waiting to see what happens in mcburnie and Brewster case on Wednesday
Mcburnie and brewsters lawyers will ensure the offending fans get lifetime bans.. Or whatever the minimum punishment is for pitch invasion as stated by the FA

Everton Huddersfield and Bristol Rovers have all been charged with breaches of the FA rule E20.1 "failing to control fans" for end of season pitch invasions. The mystery is why the delay with Florist. The charges against Mcb and Brewster are separate and not relevant to the clear breach of rule E.20.1. If the FA have been advised to wait for the outcome of the case then they will have a long wait. On Wednesday Mcb and Brewster are likely to plead not guilty on the grounds of self defence at their hearing. That will inevitably lead to an adjournment and a full hearing set for a later date.

The advice to the FA may be, I'm speculating, that they may have to consider sanctions against Mcb and Brewster in the event of a guilty verdict so best to wait for the outcome. That clearly is poor advice if it was ever said.

Criminal acts were committed by hundreds of Florist fans when they invaded the pitch. IMO the very fact these acts were being committed, one allegedly by the victim in this case, provides a form of mitigation for the players defence and an additional charge by the FA will support this. If the FA continue to drag their feet then there is cause for the players counsel to request the FA to submit reasons why they have not carried out the necessary sanctions.

Meanwhile in the Potteries and West Yorkshire fans are being pursued diligently by the local police for invasions at Huddersfield and Port Vale respectively. Over at Nottinghamshire plod the complaints by SUFC fans that smoke bombs were launched at them have gone unheeded as they remain oblivious to the fact they failed in their duty to protect SUFC players and staff from unprovoked attacks. Seems they are on the back foot.

Pitch invasion is ok as it's the first time they are in the top flight since 1999 in case you didn't know

Same as the the pigs they haven’t been in the premiership this century

ok I'll wait till the outcome of the Brewster, McBurney findings but I hope I'm not the only one who's going to complain to the FA then, right lads and lasses? Come on no time for apathy! Bobby

I don't think the EFL can charge them now as they are no longer an EFL club
Your right Frank
The premier league won’t let the EFL touch a team in there league
They have to wait for any team that’s infringed it’s rules to be relegated
So next season for the Scabs

FA.... not EFL!!

Its nothing to do with the EFL and the Premier League is the "FA" Premier League.
I wonder if the PL has got its dabs all over this. Irrespective of the fact that the FA is supposedly the governing body, the fact is that the Premier League ( in conjunction with Sky ) is the cash cow. Forest’s first home game is on Sky & how bad would it be if the commentators had to explain to the viewers that the game was being played behind closed doors due to Forest fans assaulting opposition players. Doesn’t sit right with their narrative.

They were an EFL club when it happened.

The proximate cause of the incident with McB and Brewster was Florist failing to control their fans. If they weren't on the pitch, then nothing happens.

When Leicester won the PL, despite enormous excitement, their fans managed to stay off the pitch. Leicester winning the title hadn't happened before.

Forest fans invaded the pitch 4x last season, and have had no punishment. These pitch invasions resulted in serious injury to a professional footballer.

The lack of action by the Authorities on Florist is a disgrace and sets a very dangerous precedent.

Back
Top Bottom