Have a night off, like they did....

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

For the first time in my 50 years going to the lane, I left at half time…AND IT FELT FUCKING GREAT!!!!
This gave me plenty of angry thinking time as I drove home to deepest Derbyshire. I don’t hail from Sheffield so when my 2 mates (born and bred Sheffielders) are forever slagging Wendy’s off, I don’t always join in with the same level of vitriol. But what really annoyed me with my friends today, was as our beloved Blades were being dry bummed by Villa (at 0-4) they turned round to each other and said with far too much glee “Well at least the pigs got beat.” That was it,💡I realised why this city is so tin pot when it come to football, this perennial race to the bottom by both clubs can be so embarrassing sometimes. How some fans can take solace in the fact our neighbours had been beaten while our club was getting ritually humiliated in front of us, is sadly beyond me.
Same here … the earliest I’d left was 20’minsvfrom the end vs Sunderland in 98 ( 0-4 ) ..but that first half hour did me tonight .. absolutely fkg clueless , effortlessly & devoid of any responsibility or leadership .. left at HT with my mate & went for a gargle … no regrets ⚔️

Same here … the earliest I’d left was 20’minsvfrom the end vs Sunderland in 98 ( 0-4 ) ..but that first half hour did me tonight .. absolutely fkg clueless , effortlessly & devoid of any responsibility or leadership .. left at HT with my mate & went for a gargle … no regrets ⚔️
I’m proud to be a Blade, and leaving early has always been a definite no-no for me. But I also don’t like booing the team either, but United made it so easy for us yesterday, with the game won for Villa after 30 minutes, the half time whistle felt very much like full time to me. But I went down for my usual half-time brew, I casually drank it, went for a piss, and instead of going back to my seat, I just turned the other way and walked through the exit door…it was so fucking liberating….and traffic home was great too. 👍

Gloating over a defeat for the pigs is sometimes the only thing we have to gloat about.
Like the fact that we're both crap but we're crap in a higher division.
cant compare really

whats worse us letting 4 in in 25 minutes v joint 2nd in the prem VILLA

Aston Villa​

European Cup Champion1Champion of England7European Super Cup Champion1English FA Cup Champion7English League Cup Champion5Aston Villa

Premier LeaguePosition: 4In the League for: 5 years squad value 620.85 million pounds

Or Wednesday shipping 4 goals in 12 minutes v Huddersfield

Huddersfield Town​

English Champion3FA Cup Winner1English Supercup Winner1English 2nd tier champion1English 4th tier champion1Huddersfield Town
ChampionshipLeague level: EnglandSecond TierTable position: 21In league since: 5 years
squad value 33m pounds

Fantastic forum, fantastic hosts, (some) fantastic members....

But that was beyond shite wasn't it.....and they don't deserve the waste of a saturday night. They don't deserve the effort of discussion, or any sort of attempt of debate. I don't think they demonstrated anything different that we need to talk about.... it was more of the same.

Go enjoy a Saturday night with your loved ones, your friends, or whatever..... Go spend it on your own (if alone).... watch a boxset or a film or summat?....

Give them the same effort tonight as they gave us this early evening....
I empathise one hundred per cent with what you say but would extend those thoughts to, DON;T TURN UP NEXT HOME GAME.

But that was beyond shite wasn't it.....and they don't deserve the waste of a saturday night. They don't deserve the effort of discussion, or any sort of attempt of debate. I don't think they demonstrated anything different that we need to talk about.... it was more of the same.

Go enjoy a Saturday night with your loved ones, your friends, or whatever..... Go spend it on your own (if alone).... watch a boxset or a film or summat?....

I was severely pissed off when the game got changed to a 5.30 ko as we had been invited to a party I didn't want to go to but we really couldn't get out of. Living 70 miles away, we had no choice but to miss the game so I upgraded our STs so daughter number one and grandson could go. Sorry to you both!!
We went to the party, had the best time ever and it ended up it was a free bar. So cocktails and shots all night and pretty soon I couldn't give a toss about the game. Perhaps this is the way to go for the rest of the season.

You take comfort in that pal…I’m just here for t’Blades.
we just cant compete with these clubs who have built up half a billion quids worth of talents
we roll up with our collection of loans and sub 5m quid fillers and dont stand a chance

unless we get a considerably better endowed, with money that is, owner we will just keep getting fleeting visits here

Having suffered that shitshow at Lane, I have just returned from having one of the shittest meals out, at a restaurant I normally enjoy, which cost a fucking fortune. I also have a cold and am shivering whilst searching for the lemsip. Been a great day. Thanks all round. Won’t be returning to the restaurant, possibly not the Lane.
But apart from that - you’re ok?

(Worried of Dinnington)

Thanks for the advice

Back
Top Bottom