Have a night off, like they did....

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Overthehills

Give Quiche A Chance....
Reaction score
Fantastic forum, fantastic hosts, (some) fantastic members....

But that was beyond shite wasn't it.....and they don't deserve the waste of a saturday night. They don't deserve the effort of discussion, or any sort of attempt of debate. I don't think they demonstrated anything different that we need to talk about.... it was more of the same.

Go enjoy a Saturday night with your loved ones, your friends, or whatever..... Go spend it on your own (if alone).... watch a boxset or a film or summat?....

Give them the same effort tonight as they gave us this early evening....

For the first time in my 50 years going to the lane, I left at half time…AND IT FELT FUCKING GREAT!!!!
This gave me plenty of angry thinking time as I drove home to deepest Derbyshire. I don’t hail from Sheffield so when my 2 mates (born and bred Sheffielders) are forever slagging Wendy’s off, I don’t always join in with the same level of vitriol. But what really annoyed me with my friends today, was as our beloved Blades were being dry bummed by Villa (at 0-4) they turned round to each other and said with far too much glee “Well at least the pigs got beat.” That was it,💡I realised why this city is so tin pot when it come to football, this perennial race to the bottom by both clubs can be so embarrassing sometimes. How some fans can take solace in the fact our neighbours had been beaten while our club was getting ritually humiliated in front of us, is sadly beyond me.

How did the Car Park protest go? was there any people left to protest ? this was an embarrassment, they have set a record for the EPL, most goals against by any team in the EPL, I was going to ask if the Owner was watching this shite today, but he wouldn't understand what he was "bloody" looking at !! He needs to be gone, but he won't go when he can fill his pockets at the end of each season with "Windfall" payments both up and down.

For the first time in my 50 years going to the lane, I left at half time…AND IT FELT FUCKING GREAT!!!!
This gave me plenty of angry thinking time as I drove home to deepest Derbyshire. I don’t hail from Sheffield so when my 2 mates (born and bred Sheffielders) are forever slagging Wendy’s off, I don’t always join in with the same level of vitriol. But what really annoyed me with my friends today, was as our beloved Blades were being dry bummed by Villa (at 0-4) they turned round to each other and said with far too much glee “Well at least the pigs got beat.” That was it,💡I realised why this city is so tin pot when it come to football, this perennial race to the bottom by both clubs can be so embarrassing sometimes. How some fans can take solace in the fact our neighbours had been beaten while our club was getting ritually humiliated in front of us, is sadly beyond me.

Gloating over a defeat for the pigs is sometimes the only thing we have to gloat about.
Like the fact that we're both crap but we're crap in a higher division.

Gloating over a defeat for the pigs is sometimes the only thing we have to gloat about.
Seriously? It’s come to something when all we have is an obsession with how much more shite they are than us FFS!

I don’t think just the night off is enough. The club is a complete embarrassment, beyond just a mess. ‘Match day’ isn’t something I look forward to anymore, quite the opposite in fact. Don’t show up and support these jokers that apparently represent us, something has to change and unfortunately we’re at the point where we as fans need to make a drastic step. This owner will kill us.

How did the Car Park protest go? was there any people left to protest ? this was an embarrassment, they have set a record for the EPL, most goals against by any team in the EPL, I was going to ask if the Owner was watching this shite today, but he wouldn't understand what he was "bloody" looking at !! He needs to be gone, but he won't go when he can fill his pockets at the end of each season with "Windfall" payments both up and down.
Last minute change of plan. The players had an on pitch protest….

Isn't that in a nutshell football in Sheffield, once one team is higher than the other than we're happy even if it was in non- league.
As someone who doesn't live in Sheffield it's how it looks from the outside in,its a shocking indictment of the state of the 2 club's.
I don't know what the answer is but the city's football club's which should be setting a positive image for and of the city are an embarrassment.
As a person who is proud to have been born there it pains me to say this.

Is it just me?
Having supported the Blades since I was 12, 57 years and had a season ticket for 30+ years, that was one of thr worst performances from a United team that I have ever seen.

Why do I bother ?

Rapidly losing my mojo, shite KO times, VAR, players rolling about like they've been shot, shite officials, clubs cheating with regards to FFP, lack of investment from the club------ the list goes on.

Pissed off, rant over

Having suffered that shitshow at Lane, I have just returned from having one of the shittest meals out, at a restaurant I normally enjoy, which cost a fucking fortune. I also have a cold and am shivering whilst searching for the lemsip. Been a great day. Thanks all round. Won’t be returning to the restaurant, possibly not the Lane.

Is it just me?
Having supported the Blades since I was 12, 57 years and had a season ticket for 30+ years, that was one of thr worst performances from a United team that I have ever seen.

Why do I bother ?

Rapidly losing my mojo, shite KO times, VAR, players rolling about like they've been shot, shite officials, clubs cheating with regards to FFP, lack of investment from the club------ the list goes on.

Pissed off, rant over
No it isn't just you. I first watched United when I came to Sheffield as a student in 1971. Didn't really become a ,'fan' until the early 90s and have had a season ticket ever since. We've seen some really spineless performances this season and having only been home for 30 mins, having had to hang around leeds Station for 40 minutes I begin to wonder why I bother.

Like you I despair at all the shit we put up with. I crave some honesty returning to the game.

A final thought. What's with all these shaven headed officials.

Isn't that in a nutshell football in Sheffield, once one team is higher than the other than we're happy even if it was in non- league.
As someone who doesn't live in Sheffield it's how it looks from the outside in,its a shocking indictment of the state of the 2 club's.
I don't know what the answer is but the city's football club's which should be setting a positive image for and of the city are an embarrassment.
Yes, it’s amazing what a moderately successful football club can do for the economy of a city. Sheffield has the added advantage of having two professional football clubs to potentially enhance its name and image to the wider world…Unfortunately both clubs over the years have become the absolute epitome of underachievement and abject failure…So having two clubs who only seem to be famous for being shit, does absolutely nothing to help a city that has an image crisis already.

Yes, it’s amazing what a moderately successful football club can do for the economy of a city. Sheffield has the added advantage of having two professional football clubs to potentially enhance its name and image to the wider world…Unfortunately both clubs over the years have become the absolute epitome of underachievement and abject failure…So having two clubs who only seem to be famous for being shit, does absolutely nothing to help a city that has an image crisis already

Absolutely spot on.
Mrs BoSS (Leeds fan) also can't understand it.

Back
Top Bottom