Hated former players

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Hate is a strong word, & I certainly don't hate the many players I deemed not good enough for us, not really their fault we signed them, but Curran, him I hated, & still do. A long long way behind is Marlon King, but not so much any others, although as mentioned by someone else above I really didn't like the way Keith Curl played the game when in our colours, which he didn't deserve to wear.

So, I am going to watch Bradford v Rochdale with a Bantam supporting pal tonight.

Having a chat about players who had played for us and them, one player who popped up was a player I had/have a really (really) big disliking for; Tony McMahon.

I am a traditional clapper, don't like booing the team or players etc etc, so for me to have such a disliking for a player it tells you something. The only other player who I have a genuine disliking for is Marlon King.

Any advances on McMahon on King on really dislikeable players we've had?
Lee hendrie, Nathan Blake ,

Phil Thompson. Thought he was too good for us and was probably correct

Ashley Ward. Slow and unable to leave the floor when jumping. Seemed to think he was the dogs bollocks. Also scored against us for Blackburn after handball in it with both hands.
I remember, he took the lace out at one point before scoring

Has any players ever told the fans to f off? Didn't Doyle or Norwood once have a go. Can't remember.

Terry the Pig Curran.... Nathan Blake... Ramsdale... Lundstram.... I'm sure there's more but there's enough anger in the world already..

None for me. Although Nathan Blake was a bit cuntish when I met him. Cuntish people make me laugh though, so it's hard to hate them.
Loved him when he played for us but he seems to really have a dislike for United and seem to recall he said he wanted us to get relegated when we were in the PL.

Vinnie Jones, surely. It was an embarrassment when we signed him.
Ooh, harsh! I seem to recall when we signed him United fans were really chuffed because he'd done so well at Leeds and we needed some steel to the midfield. As it went on he divided opinion but he played his part in keeping us up and he still speaks well of his time with us to the present day.

Cameron Carter-Vickers.

Shit cunt who managed to injure two of his own team mates during his time here due to being a shit cunt.
Also at fault for the Pigs second goal on Bouncing Day, shit cunt.

Has any players ever told the fans to f off? Didn't Doyle or Norwood once have a go. Can't remember.
Paul Richardson in the early 80s was subbed at Bramall Lane and left the field giving V signs to the booing fans on the Kop. They were booing him 'cos he was crap, so can't see his argument really. Can't remember who it was against. But he was also crap in every other game.

Ooh, harsh! I seem to recall when we signed him United fans were really chuffed because he'd done so well at Leeds and we needed some steel to the midfield. As it went on he divided opinion but he played his part in keeping us up and he still speaks well of his time with us to the present day.
Does he? I seem to remember reading something years ago where he described playing for us as the lowest point of his career?

Ramsdale, utter dross for 6 months when we signed him. Got better when the pressure was off and then went on strike. Way overrated, nowhere more than in his own head though. I still truly believe his initial form was the reason for our terrible PL season...........and Lundstram.
As others have said hate is a strong word, but Lundstram deserves my vitriol. Limited player given his chance, showing no loyalty whatsoever. Stealing a wage for 3/4 of a season. Then going to those orange bastards.........maybe hate is not a strong enough word after all.

So, I am going to watch Bradford v Rochdale with a Bantam supporting pal tonight.

Having a chat about players who had played for us and them, one player who popped up was a player I had/have a really (really) big disliking for; Tony McMahon.

I am a traditional clapper, don't like booing the team or players etc etc, so for me to have such a disliking for a player it tells you something. The only other player who I have a genuine disliking for is Marlon King.

Any advances on McMahon on King on really dislikeable players we've had?
I don’t get the hatred for McMahon.

How did I miss this cunt

Jose Baxter opens up on drugs ban, Everton comeback and rebooting ...

Paul Richardson in the early 80s was subbed at Bramall Lane and left the field giving V signs to the booing fans on the Kop. They were booing him 'cos he was crap, so can't see his argument really. Can't remember who it was against. But he was also crap in every other game.
Think it was a night match v Bristol Rovers in May 1983. We were losing 1-0 but won 2-1 with two late goals.

Any reason to dislike gareth taylor?

He was great for us, but when he came back with Burnley in the early 2000's it was a pretty bad-tempered match (we won 3-0) and he was particularly lairy, wading into every confrontation and just basically being a prick. That soured things for me.

He was great for us, but when he came back with Burnley in the early 2000's it was a pretty bad-tempered match (we won 3-0) and he was particularly lairy, wading into every confrontation and just basically being a prick. That soured things for me.
Interesting stuff, I’m surprised to hear that.

Ramsdale, utter dross for 6 months when we signed him. Got better when the pressure was off and then went on strike. Way overrated, nowhere more than in his own head though. I still truly believe his initial form was the reason for our terrible PL season...........and Lundstram.
As others have said hate is a strong word, but Lundstram deserves my vitriol. Limited player given his chance, showing no loyalty whatsoever. Stealing a wage for 3/4 of a season. Then going to those orange bastards.........maybe hate is not a strong enough word after all.
Ramsadale deffo let himself down in the interview with Ben Foster, gloating about going on strike.

Back
Top Bottom