Hated former players

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Harsh to say Blackman left us in the shit. It was McCabe who sold him. Blame McCabe!
No player should be forgiven for leaving 5 months after signing for you. Especially if they're a 1st teamer. Understand if they weren't playing (Khadra).

Blackman was banging them in for us, he'd scored 11 goals in his 28 League games for us. He saw Premier League big boys Reading come in for him. Incidentally, he only managed to score 11 league goals in a season once again in his career.
Sheffield United are still his 2nd most successful club, even though he only played 28 league games and 5 cup games for us. He scored 14 goals in those 33 games. His most successful team is Reading where he score 22 goals. It did take him 113 games though.

As Jordan Slew proved, the grass isn't always greener and it's sometimes better to bide your time.

Doyle and Collins synonymous with that dross team we watched in L1 for so many years, but I wouldn't hold it against them.
Limited players, but triers. Which couldn't be said for a lot of the wasters: K Freeman (pre-Wilder), Harrison McGahey, Jose Baxter, Marc McNulty, Tony McMahon, Che Adams, to a lesser extent Ryan Flynn... peas for hearts, no bottle, piss-taking shithouses.
Makes you realise how lucky we are to have characters like Baldock, Egan, Norwood, Robinson, Osborn etc. now. They can't be good every week, but they'll at least not go down without a fight... and you'd probably go for a pint with them.
My dislike for Doyle has come from the pedestal that some of our fans but him on since he left. He was crap, really really crap, yet he scored at West Ham and walked like a cockney so he's a 'legend' to some. I'm just thankful that we now have Norwood and not idiots like Doyle clogging up the midfield.

My dislike for Doyle has come from the pedestal that some of our fans but him on since he left. He was crap, really really crap, yet he scored at West Ham and walked like a cockney so he's a 'legend' to some. I'm just thankful that we now have Norwood and not idiots like Doyle clogging up the midfield.

Don't forget he also nearly cried in an interview 🤣

Don't really "hate" anyone, "can't stand" is about as far as I go with certain people.

For me, it all starts and ends with Marlon King. The day it was announced that he was joining, and would be pulling on the famous red and white Blades shirt, was a very dark day in our history.

I hated Dean Windass from the moment we signed him. And I was proven correct.

And Brian Howard after it became apparent that he was a bit of a fraud.

They are the only two players I can think of that I have ever hated. I even found the likes of Ashley Ward, Connor Sammon and Dean Hammond amusing in an odd sort of way.

Doyle
McEveley
Bent
Hammond
Hendrie
McNulty
McMahon
King

I don't 'hate' them but they are some of my least favourite ex-players based on both performance and/or personality.

The ones who went on to score against us for other clubs mentioned above don't get my ire because they are just doing their job (i.e. Michael Brown was a prick after he left us).
Shocked to see Doyle on your list DA...

Nah mate, whatever you think of Doyle, like him or not, to score that penalty, at that time, and then go on a "cockney walkabout" was great to see. The only way he could have topped it, is if he had pulled out a pearly kings cap and plate of jellied eels.

None for me. Although Nathan Blake was a bit cuntish when I met him. Cuntish people make me laugh though, so it's hard to hate them.

No player should be forgiven for leaving 5 months after signing for you. Especially if they're a 1st teamer. Understand if they weren't playing (Khadra).

Blackman was banging them in for us, he'd scored 11 goals in his 28 League games for us. He saw Premier League big boys Reading come in for him. Incidentally, he only managed to score 11 league goals in a season once again in his career.
Sheffield United are still his 2nd most successful club, even though he only played 28 league games and 5 cup games for us. He scored 14 goals in those 33 games. His most successful team is Reading where he score 22 goals. It did take him 113 games though.

As Jordan Slew proved, the grass isn't always greener and it's sometimes better to bide your time.
Im not entirely sure he wanted to move. He might have done. But if that was the case, I'd have expected McCabe to mention it. More of a "we couldn't stop that one but we made a million off it".

Jamie Murphy didn't want to leave either but McCabe saw the signs again and forced him out. I know that's a tangent from the thread title mind. But just another instance of the owner being a bell end. Anyone still admit to liking the man?

Blackman certainly had a bit of a nomadic career after that and not as successful. But sometimes the right club for the right player at the right time. There's a few like that.

Not a former player but my mate hates Oliver Norwood. No idea why but he gets really irate when he makes a mistake. Think he has general anger issues mind.
My brother is the same, got an inane dislike of Norwood, hate is to strong a word for me, but Jordan Stewart, Stefan Scougall and at the moment Ben Osborne

My brother is the same, got an inane dislike of Norwood, hate is to strong a word for me, but Jordan Stewart, Stefan Scougall and at the moment Ben Osborne
Ben Osborne. That's one with no friends in my WhatsApp group.

Alternatively, you know you aren't as good as your short term record and you take your chance to get a big pay rise and signing bonus because you know reality bites

Jon Harley, what an Emperor's New Clothes cunt he was.

See also: Ryan Leonard.

George Long for routinely allowing weak-as-piss goals to go in, and most of all for having ZERO fucking command of his area. Never opened his gob once, gormless twat.

His mum's a nice lady though. Fit an 'all.
I have some sympathy for someone who had Collins, Edgar and McEveley in front of him. I went to the infamous Bury away game that we lost 1-0. It's not an exaggeration to say if it wasn't for Long, we'd have lost 5 or 6 nil that night, such was the pathetic performance of the outfield players. I think by the time Wilder arrived, his confidence was zero.

I have some sympathy for someone who had Collins, Edgar and McEveley in front of him. I went to the infamous Bury away game that we lost 1-0. It's not an exaggeration to say if it wasn't for Long, we'd have lost 5 or 6 nil that night, such was the pathetic performance of the outfield players. I think by the time Wilder arrived, his confidence was zero.

Yeah, we had some absolute dross in the side at the time. The transformation between 2015 and late 2016 was phenomenal when you think about it.

Back
Top Bottom