Has Wilder been found out?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Maybe he would Sean. I was putting his honesty to the test. If at the end of the day he is a wendy, well he will have proved himself a liar. In the meantime I will treat him as a fellow Blade and respect his views whether I agree with him or not.

Fair comment. Maybe we should just treat him as an idiot for stating Coutts was easily replaceable for just a couple of million? He clearly isn't aware of Coutts importance to the team prior to injury.

After criticising the club from top to bottom he's now backtracking about players and concentrating on the board.

I’m a big Wilder fan, but this time I think he’s dropped one. Personally I think he thought the Waghorn deal was in the bag, but what he didn’t take in to account everyone knew how much we get for Brooks so stuck out for more, in an attempt to deflect attention suddenly we have no money, this is after he said 2 permanents and 2 loans hopefully coming in, then suddenly a day later no money available( smoke screen or what), an attempt to blame it on the board, no this time, Wilder has all summer knowing we need a striker, particularly having let those we had go.

But the windows not closed, United always leave it to the last minute, let’s wait with fingers crossed.

Reports say Waghorn was sold for half a million less than our reported offer.

Fair comment. Maybe we should just treat him as an idiot for stating Coutts was easily replaceable for just a couple of million? He clearly isn't aware of Coutts importance to the team prior to injury.

After criticising the club from top to bottom he's now backtracking about players and concentrating on the board.
Thing is Sean, if you act like an idiot on here you will be treated like one- shit sticks. If someone wants to be seen as an idiot and live with the appropriate responses on here well that's their choice. For the most part I take a lot of what's said on here with a pinch of salt and am mostly not tempted to reply to bollox.
Some posters thrive on online confrontation, I'm not one of them. Our more outspoken members can deal with the idiots.

You said Coutts, Fleck and Duffy are good players
I said Coutts, Fleck and Duffy were average players, average is exactly what they are, average players with average careers behind them. they are not internationals
That's not slagging them off it's just stating a fact

Clear the decks, there was no, I repeat no mention of players of international pedigree from myself, you brought that into the equation. I will add that compared to the current Scottish international over at S6, Bannan, in Fleck and Coutts we have far better players, as demonstrated with the performances shown in the 2-4 victory last season. Now, given that, I'm not sure what qualifies for good, let alone international quality. Being picked is one thing, whether you're worthy is an altogether different story. Calling either player 'average' explains so much about what you regard as good. Maybe too much time watching those boys in blue explains the criteria you've used.

Clear the decks, there was no, I repeat no mention of players of international pedigree from myself, you brought that into the equation. I will add that compared to the current Scottish international over at S6, Bannan, in Fleck and Coutts we have far better players, as demonstrated with the performances shown in the 2-4 victory last season. Now, given that, I'm not sure what qualifies for good, let alone international quality. Being picked is one thing, whether you're worthy is an altogether different story. Calling either player 'average' explains so much about what you regard as good. Maybe too much time watching those boys in blue explains the criteria you've used.

They are average, they play at an average level in professional football
They are not playing in the top division and they are not international players where they could be described as anywhere between good and incredible
They are average players, not bad players but certainly not even the best there is in the second tier, you can't get a better description of average

best-funny-sign-at-a-petting-zoo-stock-image-of-notice-for-pig-concept-and-trend.jpg

They are not playing in the top division and they are not international players where they could be described as anywhere between good and incredible
They are average players, not bad players but certainly not even the best there is in the second tier, you can't get a better description of average

Appreciate you digging a far deeper hole than I ever could.

I would say that the Championship is at a higher level than just average. And by finishing 10th we were 30th out of 92 clubs. That strikes me as being above average.

As an aside, the main reason we have started so poorly is that we aren't playing with the same intensity and tempo as last season. Why that is, I don't know.

Managing in the Sunday league, or in Leagues 1 and 2, is very different to managing in the Championship. Could it be that he simply hasn't got the chops - in either man management or transfer management terms - to manage a club of our size in the second tier?

Did he think it would be as easy as making sure that everyone drinks beer together and that a great bunch of lads with team spirit would be able to hold their own?

Did he imagine that a rigid wage structure would enhance the espirit de corps, encouraging the team to become more than the sum of its parts?

Did he think that people would come to the club for the honour of playing for us?

I suspect that he's a great manager when at the helm of a club where all the players in the league are a similar standard, as he can get the best out of them by engendering an 'all for one' team spirit. However, I fear that at this level he hasn't got a clue about how to successfully manage a team, and I make two predictions: one, that he won't last the season, and two, that we'll finish lower than we did last year.

*Le Cochon Cynique

I said Coutts, Fleck and Duffy were average players, average is exactly what they are, average players with average careers behind them. they are not internationals
That's not slagging them off it's just stating a fact talking bollocks

You forgot to include Norwood and Henderson in your list.

Is SUPPORTING a football club really the best use of your time ?

I agree with you. Say something bad on here about ‘Lord Wilder’ & you are automatically a ‘Pig’. I think Wilder’s out of his depth. His refusal to drop Clarke & Stevens prove this. If I was a striker who United were after i’d not sign for us knowing I had to play up front with that lazy bastard.
Oh Seth.

Not a single considered response. Fantastic. I'm not pork, by the way. Maybe I'll return to highlight this thread when my prophesies come to pass. I feel a little like Cassandra...
Hhhhmmmmmmmm le Pig more like....

Freedom of speech, doesn't stop idiots writing them in the first place.

Our success is attracting them in ever increasing numbers.

No problem, the forum has the ability to deal with it, but it doesn't alter the fact that there are some really sad people about.

What is interesting once again, is just like last season, the TRUE pork fans have completely and utterly shut up again. They rattled the cages a bit in pre-season, but it's all back to the status quo - back in their boxes.

UTB

You forgot to include Norwood and Henderson in your list.

Is SUPPORTING a football club really the best use of your time ?

Are we really bringing this up again.

Its already been done to death and it depends on where you set your barometer for world class, excellent, good, average, bad, terrible and shocking.

Pull the red and white blinkers off
They are average players.
They are good players for us, at our level, whilst in League One and whilst being a mid table Championship club.
When we play to our strengths and everything is going well they look like good players, but they are not world class or excellent and never will be.

When things werent going well from November onwards in the last few months of last season Fleck showed that he is an average player, he disappeared for four months apart from an odd game here and there.

Their achievements throughout their careers has been decidedly average, outside of the Premier League and even outside the Championship.
They hit a bit of consistency in League One and carried it through to the Championship where most average players live.

As I said it depends where your own opinion of world class, excellent, good and average is

As I said it depends where your own opinion of world class, excellent, good and average is
well most people refer to how good the players look in the league they are playing in so for instance Fleck is good (or better) but if he were in the Prem he'd look average (or better)

I would guess that would be pretty hard for you to define what your opinion is when your head is so far up your arse fella.:rolleyes:

For me I define success as how well we perform based on where we are now... If we had won the FA cup I wouldn't be whining as to why we are so far off winning the Champions League. :)

Its already been done to death and it depends on where you set your barometer for world class, excellent, good, average, bad, terrible and shocking.

They are good players for us, at our level, whilst in League One and whilst being a mid table Championship club.
When we play to our strengths and everything is going well they look like good players, but they are not world class or excellent and never will be.

When things werent going well from November onwards in the last few months of last season Fleck showed that he is an average player, he disappeared for four months apart from an odd game here and there.

Their achievements throughout their careers has been decidedly average, outside of the Premier League and even outside the Championship.
They hit a bit of consistency in League One and carried it through to the Championship where most average players live.

It's a rather unusual and negative way of looking at the game which is probably why it has people's backs up. Of course you're entitled to your opinion and your own way of looking at it but when you're calling players who play for your club average, when they aren't in most people's books, you should expect some backlash.

Your way of judging players is problematic for me because it completely ignores context. There are very few 'world class' players, and a lot of players who are classed as such are not so. Mesut Ozil is a prime example of this. Many people would stick him in that bracket because he's something of a name, but he goes missing in a lot of games and a lot of Arsenal fans who see him every other week would laugh in your face if you said that. All about opinions, of course.

There's also leagues to consider. How can Sheffield United players be 'average' when we're currently 23rd out of 92 league clubs? Or finishing 30th out of 92 last season? On your scale the numbers don't really add up.

I'm also not sure of the difference between 'terrible' and 'shocking', which brings the question of how you rate players into account and where they slot in on each catagory.

I don't think you're pork. Just someone who looks at things in an odd way!

Does it hurt piggy? Does it hurt watching our "pub league" side systematically dismantle and outclass a multi-multi-multi-million pound squad, while your team of overrated, overpaid has-beens scrape a win against a Reading side that will be in league 1 next season? Does that hurt you?

If (and because I'm not a deluded grunter I know it's a big if) we play on 9th November like we played yesterday, we will destroy "fessi" and co in a way that you lot will never, ever forget, however hard you will try to pretend it didn't happen. We are lightyears ahead of you on the pitch at the moment, and the sensible few among you know it, however deep it cuts you.

Dear oh dear.

Numpty.

Does it hurt piggy? Does it hurt watching our "pub league" side systematically dismantle and outclass a multi-multi-multi-million pound squad, while your team of overrated, overpaid has-beens scrape a win against a Reading side that will be in league 1 next season? Does that hurt you?

If (and because I'm not a deluded grunter I know it's a big if) we play on 9th November like we played yesterday, we will destroy "fessi" and co in a way that you lot will never, ever forget, however hard you will try to pretend it didn't happen. We are lightyears ahead of you on the pitch at the moment, and the sensible few among you know it, however deep it cuts you.

Go to the docs and get a check for early onset Alzheimer's
The symptoms usually include, repeatedly bringing up a subject that has been discussed already and constantly repeating oneself

Go to the docs and get a check for early onset Alzheimer's
The symptoms usually include, repeatedly bringing up a subject that has been discussed already and constantly repeating oneself
Classy pig. Making light of an awful condition that destroys people's lives to further his tragic trolling agenda.

Go fuck yourself you pathetic pig troll.

It's a rather unusual and negative way of looking at the game which is probably why it has people's backs up. Of course you're entitled to your opinion and your own way of looking at it but when you're calling players who play for your club average, when they aren't in most people's books, you should expect some backlash.

Your way of judging players is problematic for me because it completely ignores context. There are very few 'world class' players, and a lot of players who are classed as such are not so. Mesut Ozil is a prime example of this. Many people would stick him in that bracket because he's something of a name, but he goes missing in a lot of games and a lot of Arsenal fans who see him every other week would laugh in your face if you said that. All about opinions, of course.

There's also leagues to consider. How can Sheffield United players be 'average' when we're currently 23rd out of 92 league clubs? Or finishing 30th out of 92 last season? On your scale the numbers don't really add up.

I'm also not sure of the difference between 'terrible' and 'shocking', which brings the question of how you rate players into account and where they slot in on each catagory.

I don't think you're pork. Just someone who looks at things in an odd way!

Fair enough
But this all started weeks ago because I said that in the whole scheme of things our players are average players
Decent at our level, but in the whole scheme of things average

Fair enough
But this all started weeks ago because I said that in the whole scheme of things our players are average players
If they our "Decent at our level" who is good to excellent at this level?

Fair enough
Where is your marker in the 'whole scheme of things ' ? Bernabeu , Old Trafford , Ashton gate , sandy lane ,Graves park, Abbeydale school playground Millhouse railway line ,where is the marker for this average ?

Managing in the Sunday league, or in Leagues 1 and 2, is very different to managing in the Championship. Could it be that he simply hasn't got the chops - in either man management or transfer management terms - to manage a club of our size in the second tier?

Did he think it would be as easy as making sure that everyone drinks beer together and that a great bunch of lads with team spirit would be able to hold their own?

Did he imagine that a rigid wage structure would enhance the espirit de corps, encouraging the team to become more than the sum of its parts?

Did he think that people would come to the club for the honour of playing for us?

I suspect that he's a great manager when at the helm of a club where all the players in the league are a similar standard, as he can get the best out of them by engendering an 'all for one' team spirit. However, I fear that at this level he hasn't got a clue about how to successfully manage a team, and I make two predictions: one, that he won't last the season, and two, that we'll finish lower than we did last year.

Either you are from a different planet and find humans difficult to comprehend in which case you have my sympathy or you are on a curly tailed wind up

well most people refer to how good the players look in the league they are playing in so for instance Fleck is good (or better) but if he were in the Prem he'd look average (or better)

Yes, exactly the point I made
They have had average careers at League One/Championship level.
They might be world beaters to us but the career stats show them to be average

Back
Top Bottom