Hamer's free kick

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

For those who can remember Football Fantasy League on telly with Skinner and Badiel , the Geoff Thomas England free kick that hit the corner flag . … he hit it here and it ended there 😂😂 boys and girls I was at Wolves and this was better. I genuinely believe the magnetic poles were fiddled with by Putin or something. It literally came back in the direction from whence it came 🫣

Surely someone was meant to peel away at the back of the pack of players..I thought Hamer did ok for the most part,but that was a waste.
Agreed. Said player was most likely blocked off therefor making it look pathetic.

Highlight of this season for me , sums it up , cant wait till the final whistle May the 19th roll on !

You have to laugh or you'll cry.

Fucking criminal to get a free kick in that position and waste it like that. But it was so bad that it deserved a giggle.

Another bit of comic relief was Larouci's attempt(s) at crossing a ball. Fuck me. Looks like he's won a competition to play for the club at times.

It was actually a good idea, had anyone else been on the same wavelength, which I assume they were supposed to be.

The number of goals actually scored directly from free kicks is far fewer than most people realize. Even the best at it only manage about 1 goal in 15 attempts, I think Ward-Prowse has 17 free kick goals to his name in his entire career.

So trying something different is worthwhile considering the opposition usually have 4 players, often 5, in the wall, so there should be an overload.

Unfortunately, we're inept.

He was absolutely awful today

I have slated him for some time. His recent performances have been good.

But today was a horror show.

It was actually a good idea, had anyone else been on the same wavelength, which I assume they were supposed to be.

The number of goals actually scored directly from free kicks is far fewer than most people realize. Even the best at it only manage about 1 goal in 15 attempts, I think Ward-Prowse has 17 free kick goals to his name in his entire career.

So trying something different is worthwhile considering the opposition usually have 4 players, often 5, in the wall, so there should be an overload.

Unfortunately, we're inept.
He booted it 10 yards over everyone head. It’s one of the worst free kicks ever. Best to just laugh about it.

I've lost patience with Hamer. He needs dropping, and for the wages he's on, offloading ideally. I'm sure Coventry will have him back though we'd probably have to accept 8/9 million. Give Brooks a run in the side, he could become a real asset for us.

Hamer is clearly another player that has struggled to adapt to life in the PL.

Would he fare better within a PL quality squad of players or someone who could evolve if he played within the PL again following this season's experience (probably with a different club)?

A few of players at our club probably fall into this bracket (Souz, Anal,etc).

With McAtee and Osborn there, both able to strike with the left, it was ridiculous we didn’t just have a pop at goal.

You don’t buy a ticket…

Hamer is clearly another player that has struggled to adapt to life in the PL.

Would he fare better within a PL quality squad of players or someone who could evolve if he played within the PL again following this season's experience (probably with a different club)?

A few of players at our club probably fall into this bracket (Souz, Anal,etc).

I dunno, i think he falls more into the category of too good for championship, not good enough for the Prem.

He does have these brain fart moments. A ball or a tackling that makes you think 'what was he thinking?'. Maybe he's trying to do too much because of league table situation.

He's probably more a complementary player rather than someone who can carry a team. At least at this level.

Still not as bad as Luke Thomas losing an uncontested drop ball.
I'd conveniently forgotten about that i wonder if the clubs you tube team will post an end of season bloopers video be a packed hour that one

For a player capable of moments of real quality, he has some brain farts that are absolutely inexplicable.

He was chatting to Mcatee for what seemed like 3 minutes before doing that.
And he was doing that stupid thing of covering his mouth so nobody can tell what he’s saying, it certainly helped fool everybody. McAtee looked baffled anyway, not surprising really 🙂

As I wasn't watching, or listening at the time, can someone give a rough description of what happened?

As I wasn't watching, or listening at the time, can someone give a rough description of what happened?
After a lengthy chat over a free kick between McAtee and Hamer, just outside box - supposedly about best angle/ person to have a wham at goal, McAtee peels away for Hamer to smash- he peels away then Hamer chips very high to back post- but no one else in with plan B - so goes high and over towards corner flag unchalleged.

Fraid was not was needed at all - should have just walloped it.

A shooting opportunity that 91 out of 92 league teams would take, but guess who the 1 team was who floated it into the box to no one
…. to add to the description, not only did he float it into the box to no-one, he floated it straight out of the other side of the box too leaving most of our team looking around confused.
Meanwhile, a Wolves player got to the ball in 10 years of space & headed towards the Utd goal with several Utd players in warm pursuit. Luckily it came to nowt.
Alan Knill’s magic dead-ball skills have gone off the boil a bit.

…. to add to the description, not only did he float it into the box to no-one, he floated it straight out of the other side of the box too leaving most of our team looking around confused.
Meanwhile, a Wolves player got to the ball in 10 years of space & headed towards the Utd goal with several Utd players in warm pursuit. Luckily it came to nowt.
Alan Knill’s magic dead-ball skills have gone off the boil a bit.

There was one last week too where instead of playing it into the box, Hamer tried to pass it short to Osborn and kicked it straight out for a goal kick. I normally like us switching it up at set pieces but when we're in the position we are, just stop over complicating it ffs

At the start of the season I didn't think we would have the quality to score many goals from open play.

I suggested we should focus on being very efficient from set plays and aim to get as many corners, throw ins etc. as possible.

Arsenal and Man City who are more than good enough at scoring from open play seem to have made the most of their set plays. However we seem to have not taken advantage of any set play.

It really does appear to be bad management with an almost arrogant attitude.

Back
Top Bottom