Incoming? Habib Diallo

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

This guy has been much more consistent over the years than Awoniyi and he's bagged 8 in 25 for a poor forest team, had one good season at Union Berlin, paid £17m.
Centre forward is a big big signing this time round, don't mind them not spending big on the rest of the team, the likes of Doyle and Lewis O'Brien wouldn't cost too much.

This guy has been much more consistent over the years than Awoniyi and he's bagged 8 in 25 for a poor forest team, had one good season at Union Berlin, paid £17m.
Centre forward is a big big signing this time round, don't mind them not spending big on the rest of the team, the likes of Doyle and Lewis O'Brien wouldn't cost too much.

Disagree

We have centre forward options.

Absolutely no point in signing another one if we have no one to create and give them the ball. Midfield creativity if the priority for me.

Another Ligue 1 CF who should be mentioned in the same bracket is Serhou Guirassy of Rennes, though he's on loan at Stuttgart this season

Scores at a very similar rate when you look at it, is a bit younger and probably has a better all round game. Probably cheaper too because Rennes will want to sell

Only problem is he seems to have a fair few niggling injuries. It's all that's stopped him racking up a couple of 20 goal seasons

Disagree

Absolutely no point in signing another one if we have no one to create and give them the ball. Midfield creativity if the priority for me.
Mcburnie and N'Diaye are the only ones even experienced and proven at championship level. I'm very hopeful over Jebbison, I'd have him in the squad but we need to invest in some forwards.

Disagree

disagree i dont think we have centre forward options mcburnie and brewster nowhere near premier league class we definetly need 1 possibly 2 new strikers to come in as well as probably 3 midfielders

disagree i dont think we have centre forward options mcburnie and brewster nowhere near premier league class we definetly need 1 possibly 2 new strikers to come in as well as probably 3 midfielders
I think McB will get games next season but I agree at least 1 starter is required, 2 if Jebbison goes out.

I’m not saying we don’t need anything

But Brewster, mcburnie have all scored at 1 in 2 levels (for spells admittedly) in the championship. And Ndaiye if we can keep him is obviously incredible.

Add that 2 young and developing options in jebbo and osula and I’m struggling to think we need to spend huge % of our budget on one as top priority.

To me you’d be better off making sure we have the ammunition for the strikers we do have.

Say we sign someone for 20+ Million. Does it leave enough to make sure we can actually create something for them to scores. It’s potentially a huge waste of money if we’ve got John fleck and Osborn creating for them.

But Brewster, mcburnie have all scored at 1 in 2 levels (for spells admittedly) in the championship. And Ndaiye if we can keep him is obviously incredible.

Add that 2 young and developing options in jebbo and osula and I’m struggling to think we need to spend huge % of our budget on one as top priority.

To me you’d be better off making sure we have the ammunition for the strikers we do have.

Say we sign someone for 20+ Million. Does it leave enough to make sure we can actually create something for them to scores. It’s potentially a huge waste of money if we’ve got John fleck and Osborn creating for them.
Have you watched Brewster play? I'm gobsmacked that people still think he's someone we should put our hopes on in the top flight. He's had 3 seasons with us now and managed 5 goals in over 60 appearances. I hope he comes good, but he's shown very little with us to suggest he's going to be up to it.

I've just seen Gyökeres run around like a twat for 94min because Coventry fed him scraps.
He's a striker we probably couldn't even afford, but if the Premier League defenders snuff out our creative players then we could have Kane up front and we'd struggle.
I agree with you. I'd like some pace adding, a ball winner, and some more creativity (especially if we don't get McAtee back) in the middle.

Have you watched Brewster play? I'm gobsmacked that people still think he's someone we should put our hopes on in the top flight. He's had 3 seasons with us now and managed 5 goals in over 60 appearances. I hope he comes good, but he's shown very little with us to suggest he's going to be up to it.

Yes I have.

He struggled BUT has been incredibly unlucky with injuries. They have taken him down two seasons in a row just as he’s got his confidence and form improving.

Form and fitness are fickle as mcburnie has shown. You can see if he can improve once he returns Or You can write him off.

I've just seen Gyökeres run around like a twat for 94min because Coventry fed him scraps.
He's a striker we probably couldn't even afford, but if the Premier League defenders snuff out our creative players then we could have Kane up front and we'd struggle.
I agree with you. I'd like some pace adding, a ball winner, and some more creativity (especially if we don't get McAtee back) in the middle.
i get your point but gyorkeres blinds mcburnie and brewster neither should be in the starting 11 we definetly need at least 1 more striker to come in do agree with you with midfield i think we need 3 to come in hopefully doyle will be one a strong defensive midfielder and another creative midfielder heckys got one hell of a job trying to keep us in the premier league on the reported budget hes got

Yes I have.

He struggled BUT has been incredibly unlucky with injuries. They have taken him down two seasons in a row just as he’s got his confidence and form improving.

Form and fitness are fickle as mcburnie has shown. You can see if he can improve once he returns Or You can write him off.
i really hope your right on brewster but i honestly cant see him getting us the goals in the premier league i just dont think hes good enough

i get your point but gyorkeres blinds mcburnie and brewster neither should be in the starting 11 we definetly need at least 1 more striker to come in do agree with you with midfield i think we need 3 to come in hopefully doyle will be one a strong defensive midfielder and another creative midfielder heckys got one hell of a job trying to keep us in the premier league on the reported budget hes got
Just randomly defending our players now, but even in Gyökeres's best season in the Championship he's still not scored more than McBurnie did with Swansea.
He's certainly not been tested in the Prem yet and Oli was our top goalscorer when we finished 9th.
They are only a year apart too, we all say Gyökeres will improve, but why can McBurnie as well.
Anyway, don't really know where I'm going with this because he's my top target this Summer 😆

My mate reckons there's reverse psychology going on here and that heckys got a lot more than 20m so that teams that are desperate for money will take our daft bids
He's been my best mate since infants so we tolerate him
Mind you he's got more letters after his name than I have in my address
Sheffield,s answer to Sheldon cooper

My mate reckons there's reverse psychology going on here and that heckys got a lot more than 20m so that teams that are desperate for money will take our daft bids
I suppose the embargo was all part of the plan ;)

I’ve thought the same, it makes more sense to give the impression we haven’t got much money to spend. What is to be gained from being open about our budget and transfer strategy?

But who knows, we could well be skint and spend very little this summer 🤷‍♂️

Yeah we are playing the long game in only paying transfer fees for one player in the last 3 years and going into embargo and having the issues with the training pitch heating while having contracts run down just to sneak up on others on the off chance we went up

Yeah we are playing the long game in only paying transfer fees for one player in the last 3 years and going into embargo and having the issues with the training pitch heating while having contracts run down just to sneak up on others on the off chance we went up
But when Spurs sell us Kane for £200k and he signs a contract for 3d per week we'll have won.

i think hes right although if we can work that one out so will other clubs and agents i think it could be double the 20m thats been deliberatly leaked but doubt it will be much more i expect about 7 to come in couple of permanents and rest out of contract and loan players

i think hes right although if we can work that one out so will other clubs and agents i think it could be double the 20m thats been deliberatly leaked but doubt it will be much more i expect about 7 to come in couple of permanents and rest out of contract and loan players
We’re not that savvy, we’re just skint

There may be some truth to that. I think it was Jim Phipps who previously made the point that if the club signals it has money to spend, then quoted fees and salary demands suddenly go up. Therefore, I can understand the club trying to downplay their hand. That said, the £20m figure is a little mystifying - if it did indeed come from the club and not, as is likely to be the case, someone outside the club e.g. the wonderful journalists at The Star, piecing soundbites together.

Personally, I think there will be a relatively low outlay on fees this time around, with far more of the budget directed to loan fees and wages. Therefore the £20m, or whatever it turns out to be, is somewhat irrelevant as long as the required quality of players arrive, be that via transfers, free agents or loans.

Disagree

We don’t have forward options.
McBurnie not good enough
Jebbison still young and not really shown any goal scoring pedigree
Brewster-injury prone.

Sharps gone

The only player we have up front is ndieyea

We need two strikers in.

Back
Top Bottom