CONFIRMED Gustavo Hamer signs from Coventry City

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

What kind of club sells to a direct rival eh?

Leeds had the same with Dan James years ago as well, when Man Utd showed interest as he was holding a Leeds shirt for photos. Drove back to Swansea until the next window and signed for Man U
Us to Burnley?

If it makes anyone feel less stressed, you can have a right laugh at Coventry fans saying the club "forced Hamer to move to a club he doesn't want to go to" and how it's a "sideways/backwards step" for him
Having seen some of the Coventry comments on twitter (other than the genuine ones who are wishing him luck) I'm actually looking forwards to Roy's View From on Hamer just for the laugh I'll have at reading it.

Introducing Hamer as having signed and getting him on the pitch before the game tomorrow might be a masterstroke. Will definitely raise the atmosphere.

Definitely the marquee signing needed to get fans back on side. A few days ago, Saturday was looking like it might be the most toxic atmosphere seen in years :oops:

If it makes anyone feel less stressed, you can have a right laugh at Coventry fans saying the club "forced Hamer to move to a club he doesn't want to go to" and how it's a "sideways/backwards step" for him

Had a wander over to the Cov forum.
They seem to rate him like we rated N’Diaye.

They are convinced he’s destined for a top PL club.
They’re gutted he’s joined us, saying he can do much better ha ha.
They obviously don’t realise we still have a few more major signings in the melting pot.

Definitely the marquee signing needed to get fans back on side. A few days ago, Saturday was looking like it might be the most toxic atmosphere seen in years :oops:

I get some of the meltdowns that we have seen, but as I said on another thread there's no point getting too distraught till the window is closed. I haven't got a clue what Souza is like but Hecky has been interested in him for a while and to get Hamer in now too with a couple weeks to make some deals is bang on. Just need to sort the top end of the pitch now.

Had a wander over to the Cov forum.
They seem to rate him like we rated N’Diaye.

They are convinced he’s destined for a top PL club.
They’re gutted he’s joined us, saying he can do much better ha ha.
They obviously don’t realise we still have a few more major signings in the melting pot.

If Cov/Boro went up in our place and Ndiaye went to them I'd say the same

Having seen some of the Coventry comments on twitter (other than the genuine ones who are wishing him luck) I'm actually looking forwards to Roy's View From on Hamer just for the laugh I'll have at reading it.

Some of the comments are very similar to our comments when N’Diaye joined Marseille.
Comments like “one of the best Cov players we’ve had in my many years of supporting us”
and “he was the best midfielder in the Championship last, they are so lucky to have him”.

I get some of the meltdowns that we have seen, but as I said on another thread there's no point getting too distraught till the window is closed. I haven't got a clue what Souza is like but Hecky has been interested in him for a while and to get Hamer in now too with a couple weeks to make some deals is bang on. Just need to sort the top end of the pitch now.

Just a shame we're going to be some distance away from full strength in a very winnable game against a potential relegation rival

8, I reckon
Watching the training video released the other day saw some squad numbers for the new players.

Larouci - 27
Traore - 11
Trusty - 5, which we knew thanks to his signing video
Slimane - 25

Edit: changed Traore to 11 after it was pointed out to me that I'd accidentally put him as 25, cheers SufcBilly.

Just a shame we're going to be some distance away from full strength in a very winnable game against a potential relegation rival

Timing could have been better for sure, Ndiaye was out of our hands a bit. I also imagine that the fees for some players have reduced somewhat now than they may have been a month or so ago.

Just been on a work call with a Coventry supporting mate who goes home and away and he is guttted to lose Hamer. He said he coud make the step up comfortably and even felt he could play at a higher level (I know!). The surprise to him was that he has gone to an English club as they all thought he would end up back in Holland to be closer to his young son. Eitherway he reckons we have ourselves an excellent player (if it comes off).

Timing could have been better for sure, Ndiaye was out of our hands a bit. I also imagine that the fees for some players have reduced somewhat now than they may have been a month or so ago.

Do find it hard to fault the club with the Ndiaye saga, seemingly did everything in our power with that one, yeah it's a shame in hindsight he didn't leave sooner but clearly we were of the opinion there would be no leaving. Must have felt like an absolute back-breaker for Hecky & the players.

Back
Top Bottom