Grbic

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I'll be honest, I dont see the fascination for kicking, in a goalkeeper. I know it's a modern trend but first and foremost they have to be able to keep clean sheets, dive, have good reactions, positional play and reading of a game. I don't really care about anything else.
I agree but kicking has always been a large part of a goalkeepers role. I’m still struggling as to why anyone would pass to him.
We have all seen what he’s like….going quiet on here may suggest we think he’s okay…..the reality is he’s probably the joint worst keeper we’ve ever had, we’ve no chance of getting shut and we are going to let a superior version (Wes) leave…

I agree but kicking has always been a large part of a goalkeepers role. I’m still struggling as to why anyone would pass to him.

Probably because nobody else is open. Probably same reason why Grbic keeps booting it into touch, someone's probably said to him after the Nunes thing "if in doubt put it out" like it's 1975 again and he's taking it extremely literally when, again, no fucker is open

One thing about Grbic, he still seems to get attention, even though he's dog shit.

Certainly the things you list are more important than distribution, but that doesn't mean it's not important. Every time we run out of options in midfield/defence for a good pass forward and we go back to the keeper (an issue in itself is how often we end up doing this), and we're relying on his kicking to do something useful with the ball. If most of the time the ball ends up comfortably retrieved by one of their defenders or out of play then its going to come straight back at the defence and put us under immediate pressure.

It's very often in games that we get into a cycle of being under pressure, scrapily win the ball back, hoof it away/out and straight back to pressure with no counter/forwards threat. A keeper with good distribution does a lot to alleviate that by playing a ball to a midfielder for them to retain possession of or spotting a run of a forward and setting us straight on an attack.
Just like Pickford has just done for Palmer's third goal.

I think he should had saved the first one.. You know Arblaster is in same team, so Grbic MUST have known where he'ss going to kick the ball..

I've hammered Grbic since he's been with us. He certainly has the look of a decent keeper, but if you look at his record, he's barely played. Just 36 appearances since the first lockdown in 2020. Maybe he's like the Tin Man, rusty? I'm willing to give him time, as this season no longer counts and he'll be playing against inferior players next season. We've had worse players turn their Blades careers around.

I've hammered Grbic since he's been with us. He certainly has the look of a decent keeper, but if you look at his record, he's barely played. Just 36 appearances since the first lockdown in 2020. Maybe he's like the Tin Man, rusty? I'm willing to give him time, as this season no longer counts and he'll be playing against inferior players next season. We've had worse players turn their Blades careers around.
Please tell me why he has the look of a decent keeper? Is it his gloves?

I'll be honest, I dont see the fascination for kicking, in a goalkeeper. I know it's a modern trend but first and foremost they have to be able to keep clean sheets, dive, have good reactions, positional play and reading of a game. I don't really care about anything else.
I don't think every keeper needs to be elite at it and able to carve sides apart but he's SO bad it's noticeable how often it's just coming straight back at us right away.

Shite, all these shouts about needing confidence, nah, he's shite. Fact.
Get rid.

Muric expected goal prevented 1.71
Grbic expected goals prevented -0.86

Has there been any games this season when Grbic has been in the positive??

One warm up.

That’s all it took me to call it.
A middle aged bloke, with zero keeping knowledge but watched the game and played at recreational levels could see from how he set up, dived, handled and kicked the ball he was hopeless.
Begs the question who the fuck scouted him and suggested we spend £2m on him.

Back
Top Bottom