Grbic

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Getting done on the front stick in the most straightforward of ways is inexcusable.

He’s not had the best of starts has he ?!.

UTB

His confidence looks completely shot and we're presumably hoping he'll play his way back to form, because we're stuck with him while Davies/Wes are off in the summer. You can see that his defenders are getting annoyed by him now though.

Let’s put a bloke back in goal for the last few games who has refused to sign a new contract and has been poor all season, great idea. Suddenly everybody seems to have forgot his howlers and how many fans were wanting him dropped. We have a goalie who wants to be here in Grbic, Wes doesn’t. I’m sure slagging Grbic off after every match is the current fashionable thing to do, as there always has to be a player that fans have to slag off, however it won’t help his confidence or his performances. A couple of good games and it will be someone else who will become the current one to slag off.

That moment in the second half where he got caught out. You can't let the ball run across your body like that with opposition players lurking about. That's really fuckin basic stuff.

How can our defenders play with confidence with that behind them?
Rule number one of football, do not play a pass across your own box.

Rule number 1.1 especially don’t do it if it’s across your own fucking byline.

Whoever the stupid cunt was that did it (maybe bogle?) is 120% to blame for that.

Let’s put a bloke back in goal for the last few games who has refused to sign a new contract and has been poor all season, great idea. Suddenly everybody seems to have forgot his howlers and how many fans were wanting him dropped. We have a goalie who wants to be here in Grbic, Wes doesn’t. I’m sure slagging Grbic off after every match is the current fashionable thing to do, as there always has to be a player that fans have to slag off, however it won’t help his confidence or his performances. A couple of good games and it will be someone else who will become the current one to slag off.
Surely you can see he's a bag of shite!

Whoever the stupid cunt was that did it (maybe bogle?) is 120% to blame for that.
It was Bogle who was running back trying to stop us giving away a corner. With hindsight, it might have been better if he hadn’t bothered, as we gave one away anyway, as Grbic let the ball run across his body, from his stronger right foot to his weaker left foot.

On balance, Bogle created a problem, but he should be able to count on his keeper, in space, being able to clear the ball upfield.

If it was the incident that I think it was he had literally four Chelsea players blocking every out ball and no other outfielders anywhere near him, he didn't have a great deal of choice in the matter and I'm sure if he just rolled it out for a throw in people would berate him as well. It is also odd that teams that have players who have confidence in their ability to play the ball (even not the obvious ones, watch any Brighton game) do not give a shit about your first two "rules"

It was Bogle who was running back trying to stop us giving away a corner. With hindsight, it might have been better if he hadn’t bothered, as we gave one away anyway, as Grbic let the ball run across his body, from his stronger right foot to his weaker left foot.

On balance, Bogle created a problem, but he should be able to count on his keeper, in space, being able to clear the ball upfield.
Or, and bear with me on this, why doesn’t bogle just hook it down the line like every full back, at every level, from here to fucking Timbuktu gets taught to do from day dot.

I really fail to see how anyone could conceivably think that he would be a good signing? You’d only have to watch him for half a game, to see that he can’t kick the ball with his left foot?
That is just a basic requirement of any goalkeeper in this modern era of playing it out from the back and recycling the ball through the goalkeeper. Today’s fuck up, when he nearly got caught in possession, was entirely due to his reluctance/inability to use his left foot, which eventually resulted in him needlessly conceding a corner with his right?

That’s before you even begin to consider he’s blessed with the athleticism and reflexes of a fucking post box

We clearly shouldn’t have allowed Paul Mitchell to work his notice ! 🤦🏻‍♂️

Or, and bear with me on this, why doesn’t bogle just hook it down the line like every full back, at every level, from here to fucking Timbuktu gets taught to do from day dot.
This message brought to you by the year 1986.

In the modern game, goalkeepers are asked to receive the ball in much more difficult circumstances than Grbic was today. He doesn’t need to Cruyff turn the attacker like Ederson or Allison would but letting it run across his body like that is pretty poor.

Has this bloke murdered the real Grbic and burned his body, and is pretending to be him? How has this lump of wet dog shit managed to con so many that he is a goalkeeper?
At least when Graeme Sounness got hoodwinked to Southampton it was only for one match. We’re still running with it!

Part of me still feels for him and part of me still wants to show patience but I'm now finding it hard.

I supported Olsen because after watching him for Sweden I thought he was better than he showed, but ultimately had to concede we needed rid.

I really can't find anything redeeming about Grbic to hang my hat on sadly.

Let's get Jags back in the net, it's better to play goalie wag then Grbic

Never mind Liverpool or today, is it just me that thinks the fans let him off big time for that first goal away at palace?
It was absolutely atrocious.

Where the hell was he going? He’s got no basic reading of the play.

Could see today that JLT and Bogle were starting to visibly lose patience with him. The players are up against enough without this imposter weighing them down even further.

He’s the weak link in this team. THIS team ffs

Attachments

• IMG_3254.jpeg
    IMG_3254.jpeg
    346.9 KB · Views: 44
Nothing to do with his confidence he’s playing crap because he’s a terrible goalkeeper!! Needs binning ASAP

His confidence looks completely shot and we're presumably hoping he'll play his way back to form, because we're stuck with him while Davies/Wes are off in the summer. You can see that his defenders are getting annoyed by him now though.
Davies has been offered a new deal, so I hear.

We really need to chalk this one up to experience in the summer and look to move him on if we can, even if we have to take a hit on the money side. Some signings work, some don't, and some are unfathomable. This is the latter. Yes we needed a new keeper but I would like to know who scouted this lad and thought he was the 'one'? Buggered if I know their thinking. Agree at the end of the season that it's not going to work out, move him on, bring in another couple of keepers - preferably ones who we have scouted and actually seen rather than a players who we only know of because some omelette in United World happened to like him on champ manager. Its clear that unless there is a real upturn in form/ability shown then he is not the long term answer. Move him on.

When people say "Wes doesn't want to be here", I assume that's short hand for "Wes, like many others, has decided that if you don't even speak to me about a new contract until I'm in my final year then I'll take that opportunity to get a nice signing on fee somewhere else thank you very much".

Does McBurnie not want to be here?

If you give the players all the leverage, you can't blame them for using it.

Its clear that unless there is a real upturn in form/ability shown then he is not the long term answer. Move him on.
Exactly, and he’s actively getting worse and multiple limitations of his are being repeatedly exposed.

Been saying the same thing since he arrived….seems to be on another planet….possibly one where he was a goalkeeper

Probably a planet with one sixth of Earths gravity where he might actually look a little athletic

When people say "Wes doesn't want to be here", I assume that's short hand for "Wes, like many others, has decided that if you don't even speak to me about a new contract until I'm in my final year then I'll take that opportunity to get a nice signing on fee somewhere else thank you very much".

Does McBurnie not want to be here?

If you give the players all the leverage, you can't blame them for using it.

But they play better in their last year of their contract apparently.

If it was the incident that I think it was he had literally four Chelsea players blocking every out ball and no other outfielders anywhere near him, he didn't have a great deal of choice in the matter and I'm sure if he just rolled it out for a throw in people would berate him as well. It is also odd that teams that have players who have confidence in their ability to play the ball (even not the obvious ones, watch any Brighton game) do not give a shit about your first two "rules"
Bogle could have gone down the line. He chose to turn inside, go backwards and then role the ball across the byline putting the goalkeeper in a difficult position - he had no choice but to roll the ball across - it was 100% Bogle who put him in that position

Back
Top Bottom