Grbic

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

That moment in the second half where he got caught out. You can't let the ball run across your body like that with opposition players lurking about. That's really fuckin basic stuff.

How can our defenders play with confidence with that behind them?

Thought exactly the same, had a chance to pump it into their box and he takes a minute to kick the sodding ball
Then when he did finally take it, it went straight in fucking John Street!!! Saved from the humiliation by the final whistle.

But in his defence, he probably didn’t know what the score was ? 🙄

Last edited:
That moment in the second half where he got caught out. You can't let the ball run across your body like that with opposition players lurking about. That's really fuckin basic stuff.

How can our defenders play with confidence with that behind them?

Likewise, he's playing behind a defense which has shipped a lot of goals this season, and never seems to stay as the same lineup.

Six of one and half a dozen of the other?

You know the other thing I noticed, in Wilders interview after the Liverpool game and Grbic’s howler, he referred to him as ‘the goalkeeper’ as opposed to his name which I thought was a bit odd. Struck me that there isn’t really a relationship there.

Wouldn’t be surprised if we got rid in the summer. We can’t afford to have someone this error prone in the champ.

Obviously there's been some major red flags with him before this but I think that performance seals it really. Robbo couldn't hide his dissatisfaction with him today. Number 1 needed in the summer. Not really sure if we go back to Wes with our tail in between our legs for the remaining games or not though?

Whatever your opinion of CW is, £4m or not, he clearly knows players and which ones are miles off. Anyone not up to scratch is binned off pretty quickly - Holmes, Leonard etc. Even Souza is now getting dropped.

He’s obviously been told to play Grbic and is simply doing what he’s told. He knows.

Could make the same argument about whoever left Thiago completely unmarked, but hey, it's shit on Grbic week I guess

Yep that was also a shocker, thanks for reminding me.

Whatever your opinion of CW is, £4m or not, he clearly knows players and which ones are miles off. Anyone not up to scratch is binned off pretty quickly - Holmes, Leonard etc. Even Souza is now getting dropped.

He’s obviously been told to play Grbic and is simply doing what he’s told. He knows.
Been told by who?

Don't tell me that is the fat potless/useless bog roll?

Obviously there's been some major red flags with him before this but I think that performance seals it really. Robbo couldn't hide his dissatisfaction with him today. Number 1 needed in the summer. Not really sure if we go back to Wes with our tail in between our legs for the remaining games or not though?
I'm sure. Wes is ten times the keeper that this clown is.

There were a couple of pass backs and you could see he was still having flashbacks to the liverpool howler, and he just put it out, which is fine but there was absolutely no distance on them, they were about 10 yards from the corner flag, it was obvious he was panicking and also he has no left foot which was shown when bogle passed it back to him and he let it go across him right in front of the goal

Not much of a defence for him anymore due to his mistakes.

That said I still don't think it was right of Wilder to just chuck him straight into the first team when he has barely played any football at Atlético. Him featuring as our regular 1st choice now is due to Wilder probably having the face on with Wes about not signing a new deal. I get that that Wilder is focusing more on players who want to be here next season but he does have a habit of cutting his nose to spite his face.

Not much of a defence for him anymore due to his mistakes.

That said I still don't think it was right of Wilder to just chuck him straight into the first team when he has barely played any football at Atlético. Him featuring as our regular 1st choice now is due to Wilder probably having the face on with Wes about not signing a new deal. I get that that Wilder is focusing more on players who want to be here next season but he does have a habit of cutting his nose to spite his face.
Bang on this. Also, with us not having a pot to piss in, I can't see us spending £2 million on him in January and not playing tbh.

Likewise, he's playing behind a defense which has shipped a lot of goals this season, and never seems to stay as the same lineup.

Six of one and half a dozen of the other?
Because he’s a keeper and should have balls to come out and command his area and organise his defence?
He’s shit at doing the basics also - stopping shots and if needed kicking the ball away from our goal.

Bang on this. Also, with us not having a pot to piss in, I can't see us spending £2 million on him in January and not playing tbh.

This is bordering on the Lunny situation but in reverse. Not playing someone who is refusing a new deal but dropping in a brand new goalkeeper who has been in the country for all of 5 minutes straight into the team.

As much as performances have picked up of late, I think Wilder has to shoulder some of the blame for points lost due to this keeper. Surely Amissah or Davies are fit? even if you still want to keep Wes on the side lines.

You know the other thing I noticed, in Wilders interview after the Liverpool game and Grbic’s howler, he referred to him as ‘the goalkeeper’ as opposed to his name which I thought was a bit odd. Struck me that there isn’t really a relationship there.

Wouldn’t be surprised if we got rid in the summer. We can’t afford to have someone this error prone in the champ.
I actually think we will be able to sell him pretty easily too. Teams want a Grbic as a number 2, like Olsen at Villa.

Back
Top Bottom