Grbic

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I've held back on criticising Grbic as a lot of the goals conceded could be blamed on 3 or 4 other players mistakes. But that was awful. Amateur stuff. If he stands still he could stick out an arm and stop it but he drops to his knees.

He's that anonymous the BBC don't even know he's playing.... Apparently our keeper is called Petrovic?
1000022697.png

I criticised those that jumped on his back after his debut and said give him time. Although still a relatively short time, it's clear he's no upgrade on Wes at the moment. I do hope there's more to come from him but he just looks so slow and unable to handle the basics of goalkeeping. I hope he's just really rusty and he can shake it off, but he's costing us a lot on the pitch at the moment.

Honestly, unless by some miracle we win most of our games, we're down. So why the fuck is Grbic taking his sweet ass time when we've just equalized?
Absolutely no fuckin urgency..don't look like he,s got a rush in him

I criticised those that jumped on his back after his debut and said give him time. Although still a relatively short time, it's clear he's no upgrade on Wes at the moment. I do hope there's more to come from him but he just looks so slow and unable to handle the basics of goalkeeping. I hope he's just really rusty and he can shake it off, but he's costing us a lot on the pitch at the moment.
He can’t be THAT rusty though surely? He must have been playing some sort of football.

Was a goalie myself so really want to cut some slack here but he’s not good enough it’s as simple as that. We absolutely need a new keeper next season

I could tell in the warm up for the Brighton cup game that he was bobbar.

You just hope that it’s early days and he’d just arrived blah blah blah….but several things were obvious.

Kicking-Crap. Struggled to strike it properly and kicks like someone who’s literally never played the game outside of goal in any capacity
Handling- couldn’t catch anything above his head, even under no pressure.
Agility- slow to get down, slow to get up again.
Athleticism- Can’t jump, slow to react and slow over the ground.
Worst of all- positional sense, seemed to be stood in the wrong place a lot.

What struck me was the keeper coach’s face…he knew…he seemed to be telling Grnic basics like he was coaching a 12 year old.

Whoever was responsible for this needs to own it. But it’s hard to believe he was number two in Madrid, played any games and astonishing they managed to get Amy kind of fee.
I do t see him getting better any time soon given the numerous shortcomings!

He can’t be THAT rusty though surely? He must have been playing some sort of football.

Was a goalie myself so really want to cut some slack here but he’s not good enough it’s as simple as that. We absolutely need a new keeper next season
Either rust or confidence. He's come out that game with a right ear full from Bogle and Robbo, two of his team mates, and rightly so. There was a point where Anel could have passed it back to him and clearly didn't feel comfortable to do it. He'll have been told "don't take any risks" after Liverpool and he took that as smash it into the stands without even evaluating the risk level. Who really knows if it's a lack of skill or confidence, but he's not good enough at the moment to warrant a place in the first team.

Either rust or confidence. He's come out that game with a right ear full from Bogle and Robbo, two of his team mates, and rightly so. There was a point where Anel could have passed it back to him and clearly didn't feel comfortable to do it. He'll have been told "don't take any risks" after Liverpool and he took that as smash it into the stands without even evaluating the risk level. Who really knows if it's a lack of skill or confidence, but he's not good enough at the moment to warrant a place in the first team.
Get Wes in - team selection should be on merit , not the manager stubbornly trying to con 25,000 fans that the King is Wearing Clothes

Back
Top Bottom