Grbic

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

For anyone asking why we signed him I think the answer is threefold, he's young he's tall and he was (relatively) cheap. The cheap part seems to be the deciding factor in many of our signings over the years

For anyone asking why we signed him I think the answer is threefold, he's young he's tall and he was (relatively) cheap. The cheap part seems to be the deciding factor in many of our signings over the years

Young? he is 28 years old.

I'm surprised nobody has mentioned "Bruce Groblar" yet (the one that played for Liverpool), Grbic reminds me of him, totally unorthadox
maligned by some and praised by others.

I'm old enough to remember how woeful Ramsdale was in the first half of the 2020/21 season. It took him an age to dive and by the time he eventually got down the ball was back on the centre spot ready for kick off.

It was strange his early weeks back with us.

I was delighted when he signed but at first it was though he had no spring at all. Shots in the top half of the goal would see him dive underneath as though he couldn't get in the air.

sorry Rufus but that woke crap is the problem with this country, mental heath my arse. People need to grow some and accept critisism and learn. Wrapping people in cotton wool is not the answer
Are you really that much of a smooth brain to think the way criticism is given can affect how it’s handled by the other person, or that people’s thoughts and feelings actually do matter?

sorry Rufus but that woke crap is the problem with this country, mental heath my arse. People need to grow some and accept critisism and learn. Wrapping people in cotton wool is not the answer
Anyone who thinks mental health problems are 'woke crap' need to take their uneducated faces for a shit. However, I don't think a professional footballer will be that bothered by a bit of criticism on a fans forum. Many of them understand the benefit of psychological support which helps them deal with stuff like that.

I've just watched the highlights back. For Gakpo's goal, Ivo's problem is that he jumps slightly as Gakpo's meets the ball with his head, so the result is that the ball has already travelled to virtually level with Ivo by the time his feet touch back down and he's able to spring out. Completely mis-timed his initial jump.
If I've explained that so it means anything to anyone!?!?!
Watch it back from the view from the other end.
1712321097095.png
You see that his feet are still off the floor at, or just after, the point at which Gakpo heads the ball

Grbic goals against: 17
Expected goals: 9.6

Shots faced: 42
Saves: 26 (59 per cent save rate)

That’s wretched stats. His goals to Xg ratio is the worst in the PL this season.

He will be the best goalie in the Champ though, we haven't been goalies so don't understand the position. Mind you David Attenborough has never been a Polar Bear but doesn't stop him going on about them.

He will be the best goalie in the Champ though, we haven't been goalies so don't understand the position. Mind you David Attenborough has never been a Polar Bear but doesn't stop him going on about them.
There’s some big money to be made early next season. We will be at home to Huddersfield or Preston or someone and they’ll be about 4-1 to win and Grbic is going to gift them the game.

It won’t last. He’ll be gone by the January window is my guess.

I was on my way the The Hammer And Pincers to watch the game with mates, when the debacle of their first goal was reported on Radio Sheffield. Cark Asaba let out a big sigh, closely followed by, " I don't understand what happened there. Did he not see the 6'4" Uruguayan forward, dressed all in red, 6' away?????

Whilst he has not made the best start if you watch the 1st goal, he looks for a pass out but the defence turn their backs and run away and a defender waves his arm as if to say hammer it, so he does. By which time he is closed down, its not just our keeper who is woeful.
Yes to this. He was left without options, the striker read this and closed him down superbly. It was not great by any means but he was left high and dry by his defence just shirking any responsibility

Last edited:

I was, albeit Sunday league but I understand the principles, methods and techniques. And I can spot good and bad 'keepers. Grbic is appalling.

It may seen mean to criticise players in this way, I would certainly never do it at a game, just mutter under my breath, but I feared the worst when his signing was announced.

I had only come across him once before, a year ago when he had to deputise for Oblak for Atlético at Elche.

For all I know this could have been a one-off misjudgement but for anyone who's still unsure I suggest you go directly to 0:32 on this video and tell me this is not exactly what we've got

(And it looks worse every time they show another angle)

So cutting through all this modern stats malarkey and reviewing footage from all angles, what's the black and white bones of it?

Do we rate him or not?

🤪

Quantity over Quality, always been the blades way, basically cheapskates.

How can it be the most difficult position in the team when goalkeepers are allowed to use four limbs where as the other ten are only allowed to use two.
The bloke is below standard, like his mate Wes, for Sheffield United F.C. standards, when I look back at the keepers over the seventy six year I have been watching the Blades.
Ever done it? Properly as a career? Over many seasons behind good and bad teams and using different schemes? If not, you have no idea. Well done. You’ve watched. But never done nor understood what it means or takes to be a keeper. Yes in 76 years (you in your 90’s now) he’s not the best we’ve had but ffs he’s allowed to use four limbs? Seriously?

Back
Top Bottom