Grbic

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

That was a colossal fuck up for sure, but outside of that did he really have a bad game?

That was a colossal fuck up for sure, but outside of that did he really have a bad game?

Made a poor punch in first half that left goal open which Salah almost lobbed in.

Made a poor effort to claim high ball 2nd half which again left goal wide open which they also almost scored from.

Bomb scare is a very apt definition.

Made a poor punch in first half that left goal open which Salah almost lobbed in.

Made a poor effort to claim high ball 2nd half which again left goal wide open which they also almost scored from.

yeah i said that to my mate he could and should have just claimed it but flapped it art.

For a guy his size he should be much better at commanding the box. He looks clumsy and almost unathletic at times.

If. a player misses a penalty or an easy chance (Mcatee start of game), do we then get on their backs as well and try and destroy their confidence and force them out of the club. Absolutely ridiculous. All keepers make mistakes, outfield players miss sitters, defenders make mistakes that cost goals. It’s easy to jump on the bandwagon and slag the lad off. How’s about realising he’s made one error that’s cost a goal. Wes or Johansson in goal, will make errors, all goalies do.
He's fucking shit end of!!

As a member of the goalkeepers union, I do my best to defend this much maligned species. For example, Olsen played pretty well for Ville yesterday at M a City. I think the first goal this evening is something Grbic can learn from, and needs to do so quickly. What puzzles me is why he so often dives across his goal, but doesn’t put his arms out. He is so big he should be able to reach all parts of the goal, but he often doesn’t. Strange.

A serious flaw in his technique which I and a few others highlighted after his very first game for us - and there are others.

There is no way on Earth that this lad is a better goalkeeper than Wes , who in my view has been unfairly maligned by both a section of our fans and the manager based on a few errors , the likes of which almost all of even the most highly rated PL keepers have been guilty of throughout the course of the season .

Add to that the fact that Wes’ mistakes were made whilst being under almost constant bombardment playing behind a defence which at this stage of the season has conceded by far the most number of goals in the entire history of the PL .

When it comes to team selection , I would happily pick Wes ahead of at least half a dozen other PL goalkeepers I could name , a list which would certainly include Mr. Grbic .

The first goal 100% his fault

2nd goal was a worldy

3rd goal I reckon Wes would have saved.

Good save in the 64th minute - I thought that was in.

Otherwise no commanding of the area, patting down shots and bouncing them 🤬

Slow, ponderous and unathletic

He instills no confidence in the defence at all.

He's a pub goalkeeper.

Wes isn't great, Davies is worse, then theres this lump. Talk about wasting budget.

Amissah hasn't been given a chance despite this lot.

We are crying out for a good #1.

A serious flaw in his technique which I and a few others highlighted after his very first game for us - and there are others.

There is no way on Earth that this lad is a better goalkeeper than Wes , who in my view has been unfairly maligned by both a section of our fans and the manager based on a few errors , the likes of which almost all of even the most highly rated PL keepers have been guilty of throughout the course of the season .

Add to that the fact that Wes’ mistakes were made whilst being under almost constant bombardment playing behind a defence which at this stage of the season has conceded by far the most number of goals in the entire history of the PL .

When it comes to team selection , I would happily pick Wes ahead of at least half a dozen other PL goalkeepers I could name , a list which would certainly include Mr. Grbic .
It is time to call things as they are.

We will be a Championship side next season ans on the whole Wes was a more than serviceable Championship keeper.

I’ve seen nothing in Grbic so far that suggests he’ll be a good keeper.

At the moment he looks like a waste of 2m.

The first goal 100% his fault

2nd goal was a worldy

3rd goal I reckon Wes would have saved.

Good save in the 64th minute - I thought that was in.

Otherwise no commanding of the area, patting down shots and bouncing them 🤬

Slow, ponderous and unathletic

He instills no confidence in the defence at all.

He's a pub goalkeeper.

Wes isn't great, Davies is worse, then theres this lump. Talk about wasting budget.

Amissah hasn't been given a chance despite this lot.

We are crying out for a good #1.
I've just seen the highlights. Jesus wept, this guy is shite. One would have to be as thick as mince for the first goal to happen and the third (as you say) I think a half decent keeper would save. More money wasted by Wilder.

Sorry no time for hurty feelings on this one.. we suffered long enough with poor keepers with Simmo, Long, Howard we know where it leads… six years in Legaue one, everything that can be done has to be done to get this useless waste of space out of the club.
Massively disagree with that. I've never agreed with turning on our own players in the ground, I'm not starting now.

And to be clear, this isn't me defending him - The guy is absolutely useless. I'm just not about making peoples lives miserable.

I'd love someone at the club to come out and explain this signing. He hadn't played a game for over a year so there's no way we've watched him, other than a scout at U23 games (or whatever the equivalent is in Spain) and that is no level to be basing your decision on when signing a Premier League goalkeeper. He hasn't even played enough games at a proper standard to form an opinion from video clips!

It seems to me we've just made a desperate signing once Wes has made it clear he won't sign a contract, and we've found someone who's available for a low price and happens to be tall.

Made me smile when he crossed himself after making that save 2nd half.

Almost like thanking Mary for letting him save one 🫣

I think you're all being really harsh. New country, new city then there's the language barrier. How would you cope if you had to move to Serbia or wherever he's from and start a new job? Yes exactly

How would you cope if you were a plumber in Beighton and then you had to be a plumber in Croatia? You'd make loads of mistakes. Cut the kid some slack

Moving to a new country to do the same job doesn’t make you forget how to do said job mate.

There‘ll be issues around communication and your life away from the job but your job hasn’t significantly changed in any respect.

Harry Kane has moved to Germany, he hasn’t forgotten how to score goals on the plane over.

Grbic makes some basic mistakes, last night he had 5/6 seconds to make a decision and waited until their striker had closed a pretty decent gap. What if he’d had 1 second to think?

That amount of time in this league against that level of opposition is an absolute luxury and he completely fucked it up.

We weren’t going to win but we were doing an ok job limiting them to that point, then just gift them a goal. It’s beyond parody at this point.

We can score three and not win, we can throw away leads, we can do enough to show we’re off the level, but gifting teams completely avoidable goals is beyond pathetic.

Last edited:
Utterly hopeless. Looks like a poor outfield player that has had to go in goal.

No command of his area, often out of position - too close to his near post at times leaving the rest of the goal behind him completely free, offers no confidence to his defenders, very unconvincing at crosses and rarely ever gets to the ball. Slow, unathletic.

First goal - A complete calamity. Waited far too long to kick the ball.
2nd goal - No keeper would have saved it.
3rd goal - Slow to get down to it and didn't really have his arms out to save it.

The shot from MacAllister that hit the bar, Grbic dived without his arms even out stretched! Not because he knew it wasn't going in, but because that's how he dives - see 3rd goal, and most of his other dives.

I'd rather have Wes and Davies ahead of him. For £2m, an appalling signing.

It is time to call things as they are.

We will be a Championship side next season ans on the whole Wes was a more than serviceable Championship keeper.

I’ve seen nothing in Grbic so far that suggests he’ll be a good keeper.

At the moment he looks like a waste of 2m.
have to agree wes is definetly good enough for the championship i would try and offload grbic but its not going to be easy the way hes playing and still think we should go for johannsen at rotherham saw highlights from millwall game and he made 3 fantastic saves would be him and wes vying for the jersey imo

Did anyone see his dive in the general direction of the free-kick that hit the bar? Absolutely hilarious of FIFA 97 proportions. 🤣
Was just about to post the same thing.

Now I'm in the GK union and know how difficult the position is and can tell the difference between a bad GK and one that has a poor defence if front of him i.e. Ramsdale IMHO had a poor defence and that was proven in his Arsenal tenure (we can discuss this another day). But this guy scares me...on the 'attempted' save from the free kick, his head was the nearest to the ball...it was like Dean Henderson taking the piss on the wide shots; I'm all for giving him time etc but its like having Sander Berge in a heading competition having this guy waiting for crosses, just no presence and I think more than likely no confidence.

As for their first goal, just a total lack of concentration and plus the wingbacks didn't provide him an option tbf...

Replacement needed.

Back
Top Bottom