Graham Scott and CW's view on his performance tonight

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Wilder is spot on never a red the linesman gave a throw in the pen how wasn't it a red

Whether it is or isn't a red card if you put your hands on people like Egan did you are asking for it stupid decision that cost us dearly.

Give over, Watkins arm comes straight across Egan. They were both at, that should have been play on. The ref has pulled rabbits out of hats to get to the decision he did. Spectacularly awful decision for me.

Ref couldn't wait to get his red out despite being miles behind the incident + unsighted.
Something VERY smelly about decisions at Villa Park in our last 2 games.
No cameras see our ghost goal.
No check on pitchside monitor by today's arrogant twat.
Robbed blind.
Is this the season they've decided to get rid of us ?

All we need to see is that camera angle from the side, to see if the keepers feet were on the line or not. Anyone got a pic? Or were the cameras significantly occluded?

Saw on Canadian TV that he was off his line. Also Berge should've had a second penalty.

Not so worried about the red carde. Worried that this is not the first time Egan has made the error of being too tight, getting turned and fouling the opposition. ( Tonight red card, previously freekicks and yellows)

Not so worried about the red carde. Worried that this is not the first time Egan has made the error of being too tight, getting turned and fouling the opposition. ( Tonight red card, previously freekicks and yellows)
Teams are starting to exploit our weaknesses.
Egan is susceptible to being turned by a through ball or one over the top.
So put a quick striker on his shoulder + you'll get something out of him.

If Dermot referees never get it wrong Gallagher is casting doubt on Egans dismissal time to put an Appeal in.
We could do but the game has gone now unfortunately, appealing won’t get us a result, it’s all too late and utter bollocks, I’m sick and tired of moaning about decisions against us, there’s far too many that seem to go against us for it to not be a coincidence.

Two points.
1/ substitute Egan for Van Dijk/Maguire/Laporte would Scott have sent them off?
2/ what is the logic in sending someone off for a pull 40 yds from the right hand touch line, but only yellow carding someone who fouls someone 6yds out in the middle of the goal? I don’t care what the rules are, where is the logic in those 2 decisions?
Because the red is for denying a goalscoring opportunity. Lundstram had a penalty, 12 yards out, one on one with the ‘keeper. If that’s not a goalscoring opportunity, I don’t know what is

Because the red is for denying a goalscoring opportunity. Lundstram had a penalty, 12 yards out, one on one with the ‘keeper. If that’s not a goalscoring opportunity, I don’t know what is
It was missed though, they still get to play with 11 players, it’s a bollocks rule and doesn’t sit right with me.

If the rule must stay, he should be sent off after the penalty is missed.

Ref couldn't wait to get his red out despite being miles behind the incident + unsighted.
Something VERY smelly about decisions at Villa Park in our last 2 games.
No cameras see our ghost goal.
No check on pitchside monitor by today's arrogant twat.
Robbed blind.
Is this the season they've decided to get rid of us ?
Did I dream the penalty that was awarded?

Still fuming about this. Ref gives Egan a red for something he couldn't even see and doesn't even look at the monitor. Absolute joke

Still fuming about this. Ref gives Egan a red for something he couldn't even see and doesn't even look at the monitor. Absolute joke
I agree it's not clear cut and Watkins had hold of Egan also but that's twice Egan's walked for poor initial positioning and being outpaced/outmuscled. He needs to learn from it.

The fact remains despite the penalty being awarded the rules state if a player makes no attempt to play the ball it is a red card. CW thought there was no attempt by Targett as the ball was two yards away when he brought down Basham. Irrespective of the award of the penalty and the ensuing miss it would have been 10 v 10 if the rules had been applied. Gallaghers argument that Targett didn't see Basham so it had to be a yellow card is an attempt to re write the rules to suit as he did when he had the whistle in his mouth.

I don’t give a toss what the rule is. The fact is, Watkins hasn’t being denied a goal scoring opportunity 40 yards out on the right hand touch line though, has he? Whereas Basham is in the middle of the goal 6 yards out. You can hide behind rules, or dress it up however you want. 6 yards out in the middle of the goal = yellow. 40 yards out nearer the right han touch line = red. There is no logic there.

He did just wang the card straight out, couldn't wait to get him off. Seemed utterly convinced, especially by not going over to the monitor. VAR is never overturning it, just like it wouldn't have given a red either, surely the ref knows that.

We can't get turned like that though.

He did just wang the card straight out, couldn't wait to get him off. Seemed utterly convinced, especially by not going over to the monitor. VAR is never overturning it, just like it wouldn't have given a red either, surely the ref knows that.

We can't get turned like that though.

Since the introduction of VAR refs feel emboldened to make these big calls knowing they can always be reversed. If VAR wasn't around he wouldn't have given it. He was in no position to give it , he couldn't have had a proper view of who was pulling who's shirt.

There was a tussle initiated by Egan near the half way line then instead of trying to race clear Watkins is trying to pin Egan back because he couldn't get goal side properly. Its good centre forward play from Watkins but you could watch it all day and never decide who has committed the foul. VAR have decided its not clear an obvious as Egan did have a handful of shirt at one point so let the decision stand.

Just another example of why VAR is not fit for purpose. After that it was an uphill battle. There were a few individual errors which you will always get playing with 10 men for so long. If Lundstram scored the penalty there is every chance we'd have dug in and walked away with the 1-0 ourselves.

Nothing there to tell me we are in for a long hard season.

Because thats not the rule thats why

How a referedd can determine that Watkins was ever gonna get the ball and have a goal scoring oppertunity is beyond me though

How a referedd can determine that Watkins was ever gonna get the ball and have a goal scoring oppertunity is beyond me though

Alan Smith and his pal on Sky said that VAR were checking whether Ramsdale was going to get to the ball before Watkins 😂 .

The silly bastards can't even see a ball that's a foot over the line but now they're using velocity calculations to work out the acceleration of 2 players and deciding who can get there first according to Smithy! Behave 😂

That’s the logic behind the rule which meant Targett wasn’t sent off.
And Watkins would have got there before Egan and Ramsdale

Egan and Watkins were running toward goal with the ref 40 years behind and his view was of the back of the two players. How can he see what is going on at the front . Watkins grabbed Egan first and Egan grabbed back it was six of one and half a dozen of the other. The Lino right alongside it did not raise his flag because he knew this but the ref immediately went for a red card. Then he wanted Mike Dean indoors to back his decision up....What happened to the new guidelines if in doubt you view the monitor at the side of the pitch well he failed to follow the instructions. Mike Dean did not want to over rule the original incorrect decision which at worst was a yellow and at best nothing.

You know when I saw who the ref was I said to the Mrs...We are against 12 tonight and that was when we had eleven men.

As for the penalty decision...apparently they were looking for a possible offside first then they went to see if it was a pen...They awarded the pen and in doing so they should have sent the Villa defender off...The rule states if its a penalty and the player made an attempt for the ball but fouled the attacker then it is a penalty and no other punishment. But if its clear their was no attempt for the ball and it couldn't be because the ball was nowhere near the defender then it was a penalty as before but the defender should have been red carded because there was clearly no attempt to play the ball this preventing a clear goal attempt.

The referee was wrong on so many levels... Its not even a debate. His decision was wrong and I'm not going to spend another minute of my time explaining. Either have technology and use the fucker or get rid. It's that simple.

On beinsports there was no camera angle showing his left foot on the line.

Only the front angle was showing the left foot. It didn't look on the line from that camera angle.
.....and that’s what I’m on about regards my post earlier in the thread. The two different angles are both different with the feet.

Egan and Watkins were running toward goal with the ref 40 years behind and his view was of the back of the two players. How can he see what is going on at the front . Watkins grabbed Egan first and Egan grabbed back it was six of one and half a dozen of the other. The Lino right alongside it did not raise his flag because he knew this but the ref immediately went for a red card. Then he wanted Mike Dean indoors to back his decision up....What happened to the new guidelines if in doubt you view the monitor at the side of the pitch well he failed to follow the instructions. Mike Dean did not want to over rule the original incorrect decision which at worst was a yellow and at best nothing.

You know when I saw who the ref was I said to the Mrs...We are against 12 tonight and that was when we had eleven men.

As for the penalty decision...apparently they were looking for a possible offside first then they went to see if it was a pen...They awarded the pen and in doing so they should have sent the Villa defender off...The rule states if its a penalty and the player made an attempt for the ball but fouled the attacker then it is a penalty and no other punishment. But if its clear their was no attempt for the ball and it couldn't be because the ball was nowhere near the defender then it was a penalty as before but the defender should have been red carded because there was clearly no attempt to play the ball this preventing a clear goal attempt.
I know I put 40 years not 40 yards behind maybe that was more accurate 😂

Back
Top Bottom