Graham Scott and CW's view on his performance tonight

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Addison

Reaction score
CW has said before he doesn't like to criticise refs but Scott is the one he made comments about fussy reffin after both the games against Spurs away and Brighton at home last season. Pundits don't think it was a red not even Villa fans but fussy Graham had to make a name for himself. Had a feeling when he was named for the match he'd be the one we were talking about after the game.

CW saying thought both players fouling each other. How can Scott see from 40 yards away. Also Villa player should have been sent off for deliberate foul in the box no attempt to play the ball on penalty. Scott should have consulted monitor and spoke with his lino. Fat chance of that. Note the comment about waiting 20 minutes last season for a decision thats a dig at Scott. CW has spoken with Scott after game not sure whats been said but his after match interview reveals his annoyance at the inconsistency.

CW has said before he doesn't like to criticise refs but Scott is the one he made comments about fussy reffin after both the games against Spurs away and Brighton at home last season. Pundits don't think it was a red not even Villa fans but fussy Graham had to make a name for himself. Had a feeling when he was named for the match he'd be the one we were talking about after the game.

CW saying thought both players fouling each other. How can Scott see from 40 yards away. Also Villa player should have been sent off for deliberate foul in the box no attempt to play the ball on penalty. Scott should have consulted monitor and spoke with his lino. Fat chance of that. Note the comment about waiting 20 minutes last season for a decision thats a dig at Scott. CW has spoken with Scott after game not sure whats been said but his after match interview reveals his annoyance at the inconsistency.

Pre-lockdown, the restart and even now it is very hard to say that we are not getting royally fucked over on big decisions. Villa could have had half dozen players booked tonight for cynical fouls trying to stop us on the counter attack but barely got card for it.

Seemed like they spent a damn sight more time checking our penalty than Egan's red card.

Two points.
1/ substitute Egan for Van Dijk/Maguire/Laporte would Scott have sent them off?
2/ what is the logic in sending someone off for a pull 40 yds from the right hand touch line, but only yellow carding someone who fouls someone 6yds out in the middle of the goal? I don’t care what the rules are, where is the logic in those 2 decisions?

Pre-lockdown, the restart and even now it is very hard to say that we are not getting royally fucked over on big decisions. Villa could have had half dozen players booked tonight for cynical fouls trying to stop us on the counter attack but barely got card for it.

Seemed like they spent a damn sight more time checking our penalty than Egan's red card.

They were dying to find something to rule the penalty out. After watching the replay of the actual foul 30 times from numerous positions, they were then checking Burke's run and Bahsam's run for offside, both were yards on, yet they kept rewinding them.

I think Smiths post game comments are the most telling " We knew after the Alonso sending off yesterday it was a red card". So just because a player gets sent off yesterday for a supposed professional foul any contact within 40 yards of the goal is a red card. Mane had control of the ball much nearer to goal Watkins didn't, was much further away and was pulling on Egans arm.

It confirms what was probably also in the mind of Scott "better get him sent off because there was a similar one yesterday and I don't want to get marked down". Fuck the facts lets self preserve.

It's disgusting it just completely rips the heart out of you

VAR fucks up on penalty, neither feet were on the line when taken. Not even checked at the time from what I saw
I also thought that at the time although I haven't yet seen a replay that is conclusive either way. To be fair most goalies go early, but again, the consistency appears to be lacking.

I also thought that at the time although I haven't yet seen a replay that is conclusive either way. To be fair most goalies go early, but again, the consistency appears to be lacking.

the rule was re-emphasised at the start of this season it was checked in the MU v Palace game and the kick retaken. Not tonight however, I really fucking wonder why.

In an ideal world the big 5/6 teams leave England to form a uefa super league, take all their tv money with them and we can have football back. Proper contact football

Or they stay and we get proper contact football back.

the rule was re-emphasised at the start of this season it was checked in the MU v Palace game and the kick retaken. Not tonight however, I really fucking wonder why.
I expect a lot of re-taken penalties then this season. Most goalies do this. Hendo against Man City last year was about a yard off his line.

Tell me to fuck of if you want, I don’t mind one bit but this is a strange one for me, we didn’t see a replay until half time of the penalty and that to me is dodgy, especially after seeing multiple penalty replays to see if keepers are behind the line straight after the incidents.

If anyone gets the chance, watch the front on replay which looks like both are over the line then watch the sideways on view which shows one boot actually behind the line, both were different in my opinion. The TV can throw up some crazy things when a camera gets the chance, look at the social distancing between 2 people on cameras in a news broadcasting studio for starters, they can be made to look like they’re sat bang next to each other. My overriding point is that we are easily brainwashed.

Tell me to fuck of if you want, I don’t mind one bit but this is a strange one for me, we didn’t see a replay until half time of the penalty and that to me is dodgy, especially after seeing multiple penalty replays to see if keepers are behind the line straight after the incidents.

If anyone gets the chance, watch the front on replay which looks like both are over the line then watch the sideways on view which shows one boot actually behind the line, both were different in my opinion. The TV can throw up some crazy things when a camera gets the chance, look at the social distancing between 2 people on cameras in a news broadcasting studio for starters, they can be made to look like they’re sat bang next to each other. My overriding point is that we are easily brainwashed.

Let it go, his left foot was on the line. No issues with the save.

Whether it is or isn't a red card if you put your hands on people like Egan did you are asking for it stupid decision that cost us dearly.

As I understand it all goalkeepers foot movement is checked on penalties. Just because it's not shown immediately doesn't mean it doesn't happen.

As I understand it all goalkeepers foot movement is checked on penalties. Just because it's not shown immediately doesn't mean it doesn't happen.
That’s fair enough but every other penalty has been shown straight after, that’s why I found it strange, no skin off my nose.

Let it go, his left foot was on the line. No issues with the save.
Goalkeepers will be doing a lot of this in training as VAR will catch them if they dont keep a foot on the line.Just have to change there starting position.Didnt stop the villa keeper saving one did it .Its ironic we get our 1st pen for nearly a year and the two who usually step up are on the bench.

Whether it is or isn't a red card if you put your hands on people like Egan did you are asking for it stupid decision that cost us dearly.

But is Egans is a clear goal scoring opportunity (with only the keeper to beat) then why isn't Bash's (With only the keeper to beat)?

Goalkeepers will be doing a lot of this in training as VAR will catch them if they dont keep a foot on the line.Just have to change there starting position.Didnt stop the villa keeper saving one did it .Its ironic we get our 1st pen for nearly a year and the two who usually step up are on the bench.

Surely with a man down then would be a time to gamble at 0-0 and sub a pen taker on? Rather than someone who clearly doesn't want to be here who got a needless yellow very early on take it?

But Watkins initially put his arm across Egans chest, holding onto his left shoulder, pushing him back. That was what caused Egan to do likewise to prevent him getting further ahead of him.

If VAR had checked the circumstances or the ref had had the humility to look at the pitch side monitor. they’d have awarded a free kick to United. They didn’t and consequently people are rightly pissed off about it?

VAR has set itself up as the definitive decision maker, they have as long as they need to watch replays from every available angle, they can’t get it wrong and yet they do, time after time.

The problem is, the officials don’t understand anything about actually playing the game. People have been crying out for a pathway for ex pro’s to become referees. I personally think Stockley Park would be the ideal opportunity to trial the introduction of ex players to assist in the decision making process?

Won’t happen the referees are too powerful, to the detriment of football

Last edited:

But is Egans is a clear goal scoring opportunity (with only the keeper to beat) then why isn't Bash's (With only the keeper to beat)?

Not denying any of that all I saying is keep your hands down because with the stupid laws of the game these days you will get sent off for the slightest thing.

Back
Top Bottom