got to put miller in team on sat

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

flash-blade

Reaction score
up front with porter and Blackman on the right with flynn moving to the left, we need to be more positive as we can't try to win games 1-0 every week, we wouldn't have scored at MK if we were still playing now. UTB

Reactions: God

Yep, we have lost a game, now is the time for knee jerking and changing. Just in case we lose another in the next 16 we play. o_O

Yep, we have lost a game, now is the time for knee jerking and changing. Just in case we lose another in the next 16 we play. o_O
We're going to have to make changes anyway due to injuries sustained recently. I would certainly like to see Miller alongside Porter

We're going to have to make changes anyway due to injuries sustained recently. I would certainly like to see Miller alongside Porter

Who is our leading goalscorer this season? You see I would like to see him start every week because it is my guess he is your best chance of getting a goal. If he is injured and can't play then fair enough but I wasn't aware this was the case.

Who is our leading goalscorer this season? You see I would like to see him start every week because it is my guess he is your best chance of getting a goal. If he is injured and can't play then fair enough but I wasn't aware this was the case.

I'd like to see Miller at the top of a diamond if I'm honest playing behind the two strikers, I think his constant movement and badgering would create so much more space for the strikers to play into which hopefully would be read and used wisely.

Our key priority though is pace on the wings, we're desperate for it!

It's not a case of just losing one game - on Saturday we never created one meaningful attack - I know they didn't test Long that much but they did create 'two penalty incidents' - we were woeful
We cannot rely on keeping clean sheets week in week out and hoping that we grab a penalty or fluke goal - Saturday was atrocious - no ambition, no guile, no idea, no good!

I'd like to see Miller at the top of a diamond if I'm honest playing behind the two strikers, I think his constant movement and badgering would create so much more space for the strikers to play into which hopefully would be read and used wisely.

Our key priority though is pace on the wings, we're desperate for it!

It's ironic that we beat Aston Villa's Academy team in the cup run, by a distance,
and also did better than Liverpool's when we met Manchester United in the final.
Now both Liverpool and Aston Villa are engaging with more young players than we are and in a much tougher environment.
Have we been hoodwinked about this academy?
Only Maguire has made the first team and Wilson came in with orders not only to play a passing game but to introduce some of the younger players.
We are short on both counts.

Agree that there is a lot of knee jerking but the problem I alluded to about lack of width and creativity is an on-going problem and although I'm happy with results I maintained that we would come unstuck at some point with the personnel we have. It will happen again, only need a situation like Saturday where we create nothing and lost to a poor refereeing decision.

Sadly there isn't a lot we can do about players until January so we have to either hope for another run of 1-0 wins and draws or we could mix it up a bit and go 4-3-3 to see if that creates a greater number of chances. Danny says he wouldn't be afraid to change the shape and I think he should at the moment to be honest.

Apart from that I can't fault Danny, he's doing well under difficult circumstances and one defeat doesn't change that.

because we don't play 'nice' football and we aren't bringing youngsters through (say like Aston Villa), Danny has no rope to play with

Correct gents - the vultures are circling. This time let's just pray it is McCabe who gets the stick thought not Wilson.

Agree that there is a lot of knee jerking but the problem I alluded to about lack of width and creativity is an on-going problem and although I'm happy with results I maintained that we would come unstuck at some point with the personnel we have. It will happen again, only need a situation like Saturday where we create nothing and lost to a poor refereeing decision.

Sadly there isn't a lot we can do about players until January so we have to either hope for another run of 1-0 wins and draws or we could mix it up a bit and go 4-3-3 to see if that creates a greater number of chances. Danny says he wouldn't be afraid to change the shape and I think he should at the moment to be honest.

Agreed - has to be a way of getting Miller and Blackman in the same side, plus one of the two donkeys in as the battering ram - Porter probably.

Agreed - has to be a way of getting Miller and Blackman in the same side, plus one of the two donkeys in as the battering ram - Porter probably.

I'm thinking more Miller and Cofie flanking one of the big lads. Kitson ideally but at the moment Blackman has to get the nod as top scorer. Porter is good for the battering ram purpose. Wins a lot in the air and works hard so possibly another option down the middle.

I'm thinking more Miller and Cofie flanking one of the big lads. Kitson ideally but at the moment Blackman has to get the nod as top scorer. Porter is good for the battering ram purpose. Wins a lot in the air and works hard so possibly another option down the middle.

Yep - Porter seems quite an intelligent player, some nice flicks and touches - and Miller far mor suited to getting something from thme as opposed to Blackman who sesm to be miles away from his partner when ball is launched. Other attributes though Blackie I admit.

With the enforced changes at full-back, we're going to have Williams and Westlake in the side on Saturday. Both are far more attacking than the players they're replacing and this comes at the expense of their defensive capabilities.

There's no point sitting back and hoping to sneak a goal because with Williams and Westlake we're more likely to concede. I've said it a couple of times but I'd go with a 4-3-3 on Saturday with Doyle and McAllister flanking McDonald in the middle and Miller and Blackman on either side of Porter up front.

Playing Doyle and McAllister will free up McDonald to play 15 yards further forward where his passing can do some damage. Blackman and Miller would provide movement and Porter's ability in the air would give a different option.

I think this would be harsh on Flynn but he would be on the bench to provide a different option should Blackman revert to type.

I was referring to Hill and McMahon being injured and I imagine Kitson will be out still. We could have fewer defensive options open to us and maybe we will try a more expansive game.

4-2-4 anybody with a front line of Flynn, Blackman, Porter and Miller?

;)

Not particularly. The majority of times I've seen him on the left he's looked more effective than on the right.

And despite him being right footed, he's primarily a left sided player.

I personally prefer my wingers to not have to check back to cross the ball due to being on the wrong side, but in Flynn's case, I think he's better on his 'wrong' flank.

Not particularly. The majority of times I've seen him on the left he's looked more effective than on the right.

And despite him being right footed, he's primarily a left sided player.

I personally prefer my wingers to not have to check back to cross the ball due to being on the wrong side, but in Flynn's case, I think he's better on his 'wrong' flank.

Reckon you've got a good point there. At least when he does check back (inevitable) on the left he's on his 'good' foot. It might improve his woeful crossing too !!!

Off on me hols so going to miss any changes satdi anyway.

Set three goals up mate
yes he did.. fair play to him.. they were early balls for a change
i'm wasn't trying to say he was a bad player.. i just thought seeing as we had no width on the right 'either' he'd be better on his natural side .. having blackman on the left meant they couldn't overload their RHS and it gave him and Williams a bit more space

yes he did.. fair play to him.. they were early balls for a change
i'm wasn't trying to say he was a bad player.. i just thought seeing as we had no width on the right 'either' he'd be better on his natural side .. having blackman on the left meant they couldn't overload their RHS and it gave him and Williams a bit more space

Didnt Blackman play on the right?

Back
Top Bottom