Goodbye, Rhian Brewster

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

You are definitely,definitely in the minority. Are you looking at the same “asset “ I’ve seen over the last few seasons. Good hold up play ?????
Haha, like i say, i know its not a popular opinion. In the rare occasions I have seen him between his absences i do believe he has shown glimpses of ability and effort.

Don’t get me wrong for £23 i think hes been a huge disappointment but i do think he has some value as a squad player.

Hopefully we saved £70,000 in wages (fine?), kicking off one of the most productive parts of his Blades career over the next 2 weeks.
£70k per week - wow, fancy being made a millionaire roughly every 4 months and doing bugger all to earn it.

I was one of the ‘let’s give the lad a chance’ brigade but unfortunately he doesn’t seem to have the sense to make the most of his ‘talent’.

Haha, like i say, i know its not a popular opinion. In the rare occasions I have seen him between his absences i do believe he has shown glimpses of ability and effort.

Don’t get me wrong for £23 i think hes been a huge disappointment but i do think he has some value as a squad player.
Now on reflection,that is the price we should have paid for him. £23 . Kin ell Dean Hammond showed “glimpses “of ability. Where? When ?

I have yet to see anything in the 60 odd appearances his made that suggests he's up to playing at championship level. Zero movement, whether it's getting in space for a pass to feet or making runs for a through ball. Doesn't run the channels or create any real problems for defenders. I can't think of any attributes that makes me think he's going to be an asset. Just needs moving on ASAP. It'll be a blessing that he's missing for 3 games, at least Wilder won't be tempted to play him.

Really wanted him to come good (still think he could be a weapon in the Championship). Only reason I'd want him to stay now is so another team in the Champ doesn't benefit from him, inevitably, becoming an absolute baller once he leaves United.

Get shut, preferably to a European Club for as much money as possible. If Oli Burke can get the deals he's had, there's hope for RB yet.

My toys aren't out mate👍
I think most of us won't miss him either.
What's to miss other than frustration at his inability to be the professional footballer he's paid handsomely to be.
He's a pretend Blade,proved it on the balcony at the City Hall,with his inane drunken attempt at trying to be popular.
He cant resist looking at the camera in training.
Attention seeker that would do well to follow the examples of say Doyle last season and Mctee who even as loan players do their talking on the pitch.
Humble and quietly confident.
They're the type of players we need,particularly in our situation.
I'd argue BBD shows more after two part performances than a child in a man's body.
He epitomizes for me the shortfalls of today's modern day footballer,seemingly more interested in how cool he looks in that green penis extension he drives.
Respect is earned but he does nowt to earn mine and arguably one or two others hereabouts.👍
Great post mate. I was there today, we played well, and played together as a team. He did nothing when he came on, no positional sense, no running off the ball, actually nothing. Which is what I've seen since he's been here. If football was a normal profession, he'd be sacked with a month's pay.
I thought he was a twat years ago, and today's antics just confirmed this.

Maybe a championship loan i don't know when his contract runs to but i don't want to see him anywhere near the team right now after his ban i mean. I'd never in my wildest dreams imagined that McBurnie would pound for pound be the better player.

Great post mate. I was there today, we played well, and played together as a team. He did nothing when he came on, no positional sense, no running off the ball, actually nothing. Which is what I've seen since he's been here. If football was a normal profession, he'd be sacked with a month's pay.
I thought he was a twat years ago, and today's antics just confirmed this.
Thanks for the compliment mate👍
It's all subjective stuff but I believe the majority of the game is played in the head so I want players capable of doing that first.
Without intelligent decision making,no amount of fleet footed technical skill is turning you into a top quality player capable of matching or emulating the likes of Foden etc.👍

It’s been clear to anyone with any kind of working connection between eyes and brain that since he signed he has been absolutely wank at professional football at whichever level we’ve played at.

He’s done 2 or 3 good things in his whole time at the club, been a huge drain on financial and medical resources and contributed probably 3 points from his direct actions.

I hope this is the final nail in his coffin and he fucks off to Tranmere or Formby Dog and Duck or summat.

If he signs for Houston Dynamo Ndiayewillalwaysloveyou he’ll still be playing about 14 levels above where he should be!

I’m definitely in the minority but i think he’s a good squad player. He does have good hold up play and a good shot on him but i do get everyone else’s frustrations with him. He hasn’t helped himself today but i do think he has good attributes.
Yes he has pockets of technical ability which come to the fore once every 6 months.

Sadly he is not a professional footballer in the sense of knowing where to stand, where to run, when to run, etc.

I think he’s just a bit thick.

He’ll end up with a Cardiff/Swansea/QPR in the championship and be a decent player at that level. But he will never play more than 20 games a season max

For me, today's events are good enough to close the book on his United career. Get him sold this January. Recoup whatever we can, and move on. Best for all parties. A disaster of epic proportions, his signing has been.
Probably the worst buy the Blades have ever made, he's just a burden on our balance sheet, one of our top earners @ 35k per week, Liverpool will NEVER activate the buy back clause, and if he's hamstrung again i don't think anyone will ever buy him anyway.............just look at his goal scoring record and he's supposed to be a striker!................a total failure, and all Blades are thinking and saying.........get rid............but where?............he couldn't hold his own in the National League ,

It’s been clear to anyone with any kind of working connection between eyes and brain that since he signed he has been absolutely wank at professional football at whichever level we’ve played at.

He’s done 2 or 3 good things in his whole time at the club, been a huge drain on financial and medical resources and contributed probably 3 points from his direct actions.

I hope this is the final nail in his coffin and he fucks off to Tranmere or Formby Dog and Duck or summat.

If he signs for Houston Dynamo Ndiayewillalwaysloveyou he’ll still be playing about 14 levels above where he should be!
Spot on........100 per cent!

Now on reflection,that is the price we should have paid for him. £23 . Kin ell Dean Hammond showed “glimpses “of ability. Where? When ?
I don’t think me itemising a list of appearances and every touch is going to change your mind. I CBA to do it either. But yep i think he has some ability.

Yes he has pockets of technical ability which come to the fore once every 6 months.

Sadly he is not a professional footballer in the sense of knowing where to stand, where to run, when to run, etc.

I think he’s just a bit thick.

He’ll end up with a Cardiff/Swansea/QPR in the championship and be a decent player at that level. But he will never play more than 20 games a season max

'Sadly he is not a professional footballer in the sense of knowing where to stand, where to run, when to run, etc'

This is his biggest issue for me. He has bags of technical talent and a thunderous kick but he's never in the right place at the right time.

£70k per week - wow, fancy being made a millionaire roughly every 4 months and doing bugger all to earn it.

I was one of the ‘let’s give the lad a chance’ brigade but unfortunately he doesn’t seem to have the sense to make the most of his ‘talent’.
I believe half that - but I think they can be fined 2 weeks wages.

For all the frustrations we feel over Brewster, I think the one thing he can’t be accused of is not caring. He made a big mistake and got punished. End of.

And if everyone can put their toys away, I’m not sure how much his sending off impacted us so late in the game, and secondly he’s been a peripheral figure for so long how much are we going to miss him?
With respect, that’s not the point. A professional footballer jumping in with both feet off the ground? He knew exactly what he was doing.

'Sadly he is not a professional footballer in the sense of knowing where to stand, where to run, when to run, etc'

This is his biggest issue for me. He has bags of technical talent and a thunderous kick but he's never in the right place at the right time.
I’d definitely dispute lots of technical talent too. Hard shot, I’d give you. We saw it about 3 years ago.

I sincerely hope Rhian Brewster doesn’t read some of the comments on this forum. Yes, he made a poor error of judgement today, and even he would concede his United career has been bitterly disappointing so far.

But he’s a young lad and seems popular amongst the club. I do believe he cares, too, despite being on the periphery of the squad for long periods.

He may earn a fortune, but you get what you negotiate, and he was a highly sought after young striker with seemingly the world at his feet. On Liverpool’s books and playing for England U21s. I don’t think anyone could have imagined how quickly he’d fall from grace when signing for us.

Mentally, it must have taken a toll on the lad, the misfortune of his longterm injuries and trying to battle back to full fitness. He’ll be gutted over what happened today and it will hurt him more than it hurts us.

If anything sinister happened to Rhian, I wonder how we’d feel? It’s not always about the money - he just wants to do well and achieve what he thinks he’s capable of.

He needs a break desperately, and although we’re all frustrated after today, I think he needs our support too. Life must be pretty shitty for him right now, and many of us have felt low at some point.

With respect, that’s not the point. A professional footballer jumping in with both feet off the ground? He knew exactly what he was doing.
In the heat of the moment and blood and thunder of battle, I’m not so sure. He’s never seemed a malicious player.

Blokes cost us well over 30m in wages and transfer fee. Get the cunt rid and burn his contract in front of him at the next team meeting. He wouldn’t get a game down graves park on a Sunday morning. Get rid.

I have yet to see anything in the 60 odd appearances his made that suggests he's up to playing at championship level. Zero movement, whether it's getting in space for a pass to feet or making runs for a through ball. Doesn't run the channels or create any real problems for defenders. I can't think of any attributes that makes me think he's going to be an asset. Just needs moving on ASAP. It'll be a blessing that he's missing for 3 games, at least Wilder won't be tempted to play him.
100% bang on

In the heat of the moment and blood and thunder of battle, I’m not so sure. He’s never seemed a malicious player.
Well that’s very generous of you but my take is that his ego is so big that he wants out of this season and plans to look good in the Championship in the hope of conning some other mug PL team to buy him. He absolutely knew he was getting a red for that challenge.
Get him loaned out to Torquay and let him learn some humbleness.

Back
Top Bottom