Glass half full / empty

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

SelbyBlade

Reaction score
Glass Half Full - With the Cherries having to play two games more compacting their run in and having to meet Boro Forest and Fulham it could (not saying will) leave us just 5 points behind from our current positions. Therefore meeting them at home could reduce that deficit to 2 points.

2nd is then doable based on their squeezed schedule.

If we go up we may be able to tempt Gibbs White to stay and afford a replacement for Berge or maybe even keep him. We will have a more confident Brewster and maybe money for a replacement for Mousett.

Glass half empty - Even if this happens it would probably benefit Forest more than us and they will capitalise, particularly based on our ravaged squad. If we still had all the strikers fit and players playing in position then maybe we would have had a chance. Forest seem to have the momentum and the fit squad at the moment.

I worry about next season if we don't go up - No Gibbs White or Berge, where does the creativity or drives from midfield come from? Illiman is great but not as match savvy as Gibbs White I'm not sure what West Brom will be like and the three relegated clubs with parachute payments, so feel we could become the next "Stoke" very quickly.

Which
So for me what will be, will be. I will turn up next season and watch and hopefully enjoy whatever team we field in whatever division. We will still have Wes, Bogle, Brewster, Sharp, Didzy, Jebbo, Illiman, Fleck, Osborn with Lapata coming through along with Seriki, Gordon and more from the Academy coming through if we stay in the championship. So somewhere between empty and full. Its not that empty if we don't get promotion and we are unlikely to end up in the top half of the Prem this time so not glass too full if we go up.

Glass Half Full - With the Cherries having to play two games more compacting their run in and having to meet Boro Forest and Fulham it could (not saying will) leave us just 5 points behind from our current positions. Therefore meeting them at home could reduce that deficit to 2 points.

If we go up we may be able to tempt Gibbs White to stay and afford a replacement for Berge or maybe even keep him. We will have a more confident Brewster and maybe money for a replacement for Mousett.

Glass half empty - Even if this happens it would probably benefit Forest more than us and they will capitalise, particularly based on our ravaged squad. If we still had all the strikers fit and players playing in position then maybe we would have had a chance. Forest seem to have the momentum and the fit squad at the moment.

I worry about next season if we don't go up - No Gibbs White or Berge, where does the creativity or drives from midfield come from? Illiman is great but not as match savvy as Gibbs White I'm not sure what West Brom will be like and the three relegated clubs with parachute payments, so feel we could become the next "Stoke" very quickly.

Which
So for me what will be, will be. I will turn up next season and watch and hopefully enjoy whatever team we field in whatever division. We will still have Wes, Bogle, Brewster, Sharp, Didzy, Jebbo, Illiman, Fleck, Osborn with Lapata coming through along with Seriki, Gordon and more from the Academy coming through if we stay in the championship. So somewhere between empty and full. Its not that empty if we don't get promotion and we are unlikely to end up in the top half of the Prem this time so not glass too full if we go up.
My glass is half full, but not going to overflow by getting automatic promotion.
If we go up then it will be interesting but if we don’t then still interesting but in a different way.
The club is financially sound and has good youngsters coming through, so the future is ok.
If Filip decides he likes England, us and whichever league we are in then who knows what we might achieve !

I'm always a half empty kind of guy and knowing my luck some bugger would that knock it over. We miss out on the play offs on goal difference.

Ah well, best n

Which
Ah well, best not to drive yourself mad thinking too much and just enjoy it then eh

2nd is a pipedream in reality but it feels close because we can look to so many points thrown away late in games.

Without knowing the full extent of our injury situation, I'd snatch your hand off for 6th place now.

My money is on Forest winning the play offs but you just have to hope that like PNE and Brentford, our miserable play off run has to end sooner or later.

I truly believe that a playoff finish if possible but given our misfiring form and history in that situation, we'll fail once more, lose certain players and spend the next few years slowly building to challenge again.

One thing is for certain, if we fluke a promotion, 80% of this current squad will have to go. Most of them are part of last seasons' dismal failure and nothing suggests they are improved in any way or good enough for another shot in the top flight.

And we aint got the money to buy in new talent either.

pommpey

I truly believe that a playoff finish if possible but given our misfiring form and history in that situation, we'll fail once more, lose certain players and spend the next few years slowly building to challenge again.

One thing is for certain, if we fluke a promotion, 80% of this current squad will have to go. Most of them are part of last seasons' dismal failure and nothing suggests they are improved in any way or good enough for another shot in the top flight.

And we aint got the money to buy in new talent either.

pommpey

I'd happily take a fluke promotion, spend a modest £30m to build a future championship squad, get the academy sorted and spend the next PL season getting tonked.

Mimicking football operations, the Norwich waaay.

I'd happily take a fluke promotion, spend a modest £30m to build a future championship squad, get the academy sorted and spend the next PL season getting tonked.

Mimicking football operations, the Norwich waaay.

100% this.

I know many won't like it but it's the only way imho without investment to stay a top end Championship team challenging for promotion in the short term.

Back
Top Bottom