Getting rid of Jack Robinson

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

All he had to do was head it into midfield and we don’t concede the equaliser. Could have cost us if we’d not been so dominant.

apart from the cluster fuck he did alright.

Ben Davies is obviously the regular in that slot so there’s no issue really.
The defenders are clearly being told not to just hoof it if possible, I think that’s why he overplayed it for their goal. He did exactly the same in the second half and got away with it. I would say the overall impact of playing like this was positive as we worked the ball from back to front on numerous occasions, but the odd bollock is always going to get dropped when we do this. I suspect Slav will give him plenty of credit for sticking to the plan and not resorting to aimless punts upfield.

Robinson is awful. He is a total bombscare and is down there with Ken Bryan as one of Wilders worst defensive signings. Regular own goal scorer too. League 1 at best and that would probably be too physical for him. Its worth blooding Lopata as he has far greater potential and not sure if even a young centreback with no experience could make as many regular goal conceding errors. Hopefully SJ will be brave and ditch Robinson ASAP

Said it before he's never been a centre back. He's a full back by trade and plays like one when at centre back. When he can see what is going on in front of him he looks steady but he constantly doesn't see whats going on around him and loses runners. To-day first half Posh got behind him down his channel 2 or 3 times in the first half. On one occasion young Ndiaye saw from the half way line what was unfolding and ran back 40 yards to put in an excellent block in the 6 yard box.

Norrington Davies looks good going forward but the jurys still out for me on his defensive capabilities. This didn't help Robinson.

Jack Robinson is an accident waiting to happen at centre back as to-day proved again. He reminds me of another full back and much better player we tried to convert to a centre half. Roger Nilsen was a very good left back but had the same problem of failing to track runners. He would play well for the majority of the game but usually made a mistake that cost a goal when played in the central role.

IMO Robinsons only value is for cover at LB. Continue to play him at centre half and he will be a liability. John Egan has just played 3 internationals in 9 days down the left of ROI's defence. If Davies is not fit on Tuesday surely we have to play Egan there and bring Bash back on the right or blood young Lopata.

I'd feel more confident giving Lopata a run in Egan's place with Davies at the side of him; primary ball winner too. He also has the time in front of him to learn from any mistakes, which in Robinson's game are embedded and going nowhere.
Forgot Lopata. Agree he could be good back up. We've got options now.

He should be used very very sparingly. Probably OK for the odd cup game but he's just not good enough. He is a bollock waiting to happen each game.

I don't dislike the lad, but he clearly ain't good enough. He wasn't even in Forest's team when we signed him (as a PL club 😱). What the fuck were CWAK thinking...

We have Davies now and hopefully we can start to bed the young Polish lad in as cover as and when necessary. Hopefully Jack the defence Ripper is out of the door in the summer.
Seems like a reoccurring theme this... What the fuck was CWAK thinking.

Robinson is awful. He is a total bombscare and is down there with Ken Bryan as one of Wilders worst defensive signings. Regular own goal scorer too. League 1 at best and that would probably be too physical for him. Its worth blooding Lopata as he has far greater potential and not sure if even a young centreback with no experience could make as many regular goal conceding errors. Hopefully SJ will be brave and ditch Robinson ASAP

Regular own goal scorer?

A sensible point, but I don’t want to suffer the chance that he plays if Davies is injured or tired.

So my third idea is to bundle him into the boot of Moose’s new lambo and then wait for nature to tale its course

to be fair pal you’ll do well to get your missus handbag in the ‘boot’ of an aventador… there tends to be a throbbing V12 where the boot should be.

West Brom for starters, also did he not notch for the opposition in the premier?
Also tremendously weak/culpable against Brum. Albeit a small sample size he does commit a ridiculous amount of huge errors. Too many for a centre back of his age to be playing for a side looking to get promoted

Still don’t think we’ve mastered a back 4 yet. Even Egan looks less than his assured self in this formation.

Shouldn't be that hard for Egan to adapt? He played in a 4 at Brentford and still plays in a 4 for Ireland.

It's a team game, we won and he played his part, made one mistake.

Ask any one of his team mates if they never want him to darken the doors of the Lane again, I'd love to see that actually.

Glad you're not on my team, don't know how anyone can be pissed off tonight.
Takes a lot of training and will-power!

Obviously buzzing off my tits with today’s result, but Jack Robinson still managed to piss me off to the fullest with his weekly impression of a drunk bloke staggering home from the pub, and accidentally finding himself in a Blades back four on the way.

So, what would be your preferred way to make sure he never darkens the doors of Bramall Lane again?

Personally I’d be torn between telling him the season has been called off for covid and then sending him on a “training retreat” with an uncontacted tribe in the Amazon.

or, alternatively get a volunteer crew together to do the training ground renovations, and whilst there brick him up in the bogs.

Fuck me, 6-2 at home, brilliant performance, and you post that shite, can only hope your user name applies…

Obviously buzzing off my tits with today’s result, but Jack Robinson still managed to piss me off to the fullest with his weekly impression of a drunk bloke staggering home from the pub, and accidentally finding himself in a Blades back four on the way.

So, what would be your preferred way to make sure he never darkens the doors of Bramall Lane again?

Personally I’d be torn between telling him the season has been called off for covid and then sending him on a “training retreat” with an uncontacted tribe in the Amazon.

or, alternatively get a volunteer crew together to do the training ground renovations, and whilst there brick him up in the bogs.
Another rubbish wilder signing

West Brom for starters, also did he not notch for the opposition in the premier?
Also tremendously weak/culpable against Brum. Albeit a small sample size he does commit a ridiculous amount of huge errors. Too many for a centre back of his age to be playing for a side looking to get promoted

Assuming this is a reply to my question your evidence that he’s a ‘regular own goal scorer’ is one goal?

As others have said, he’s not really a centre back and even though he scored an own goal in the game against West Brom Egan was more of a problem in that game.

If it was him driving a bronze Range Rover (looked very much like him) he left the ground before I did today.
I was mooching about after the match as my lift wasn’t coming until 5.30.
He left the car park at approx 5.10pm.
Said to pal before the match, he always looks like he’s got an expensive mistake in him…..

I was furious with him at HT, but to be fair he kept going second half and didn't do a lot wrong.

Part of me feels sorry for him, he's trying his best, but sadly he just has a clanger in him every game.

Let's hope Davies' injury isn't serious. If not, I might start to think the LCB has become cursed. In any case, it's ridiculous how one position has become such a persistent headache.

I was furious with him at HT, but to be fair he kept going second half and didn't do a lot wrong.

Part of me feels sorry for him, he's trying his best, but sadly he just has a clanger in him every game.

Let's hope Davies' injury isn't serious. If not, I might start to think the LCB has become cursed. In any case, it's ridiculous how one position has become such a persistent headache.

Thing is it only takes one leak to sink a ship, and it's also unfair he's been asked to play out of position. We can get away with it in some matches, but in others it will really cost us.

I saw JOC driving into the SS car park earlier after I’d seen the lineup and it made me sad. Robinson is not very good, but if we score 6 then hopefully it won’t matter 🤷‍♂️

Important thing to remember is that this was a team effort today, we don't score 6 goals often and they all played a part.

Worth giving the coaching/backroom staff a shout too.

If it was him driving a bronze Range Rover (looked very much like him) he left the ground before I did today.
I was mooching about after the match as my lift wasn’t coming until 5.30.
He left the car park at approx 5.10pm.
Said to pal before the match, he always looks like he’s got an expensive mistake in him…..
Surely he wouldn't be leaving that quickly. I thought they usually warmed down first.

He’s not good enough, he’s the poorest of our centre backs, and shouldn’t be anywhere near the first team for me.

Back
Top Bottom