Getting rid of Jack Robinson

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Tongeincheek

Reaction score
Obviously buzzing off my tits with today’s result, but Jack Robinson still managed to piss me off to the fullest with his weekly impression of a drunk bloke staggering home from the pub, and accidentally finding himself in a Blades back four on the way.

So, what would be your preferred way to make sure he never darkens the doors of Bramall Lane again?

Personally I’d be torn between telling him the season has been called off for covid and then sending him on a “training retreat” with an uncontacted tribe in the Amazon.

or, alternatively get a volunteer crew together to do the training ground renovations, and whilst there brick him up in the bogs.

All he had to do was head it into midfield and we don’t concede the equaliser. Could have cost us if we’d not been so dominant.

apart from the cluster fuck he did alright.

Ben Davies is obviously the regular in that slot so there’s no issue really.

I felt a bit for him today. Thought he was having a good game until the mistake and he looked absolutely distraught by it. As others have said, he shouldn’t be starting but he’s good enough for a place in the squad and he’s certainly better than he gets credit for on here.

He should be used very very sparingly. Probably OK for the odd cup game but he's just not good enough. He is a bollock waiting to happen each game.

I don't dislike the lad, but he clearly ain't good enough. He wasn't even in Forest's team when we signed him (as a PL club 😱). What the fuck were CWAK thinking...

We have Davies now and hopefully we can start to bed the young Polish lad in as cover as and when necessary. Hopefully Jack the defence Ripper is out of the door in the summer.

All he had to do was head it into midfield and we don’t concede the equaliser. Could have cost us if we’d not been so dominant.

apart from the cluster fuck he did alright.

Ben Davies is obviously the regular in that slot so there’s no issue really.

A sensible point, but I don’t want to suffer the chance that he plays if Davies is injured or tired.

So my third idea is to bundle him into the boot of Moose’s new lambo and then wait for nature to tale its course

Played well second half but I don't even know what to say about that moment of arrogance that gave them a totally undeserved way back Into a game they had no right to be
Lucky for him it was academic in the end

If you're the opposition and looking at our back four, you'd clearly target Robinson as the weak link. Any player with pace or strength has the beating of him

Exactly! They tried to as well but thankfully we were too much for them in attack.

Feel for the lad. He has never been and never will be strong enough to be a centre half in a back 4.
OK in a 3 or maybe as backup left back.

Dunno about putting a downer on the performance and singling out Robinson. I wouldn't start him but he was bought as back up and we're still light in central defence. What if Egan gets injured, suspended? We'll need him then.
We need a better version of him. We need JOC back. A back four of

Baldock - Egan - JOC/ Davies - Stevens/ RND should be one of the best in this league.

Dunno about putting a downer on the performance and singling out Robinson. I wouldn't start him but he was bought as back up and we're still light in central defence. What if Egan gets injured, suspended? We'll need him then.
I'd feel more confident giving Lopata a run in Egan's place with Davies at the side of him; primary ball winner too. He also has the time in front of him to learn from any mistakes, which in Robinson's game are embedded and going nowhere.

Get rid and get a replacement or deal with a squad player that he is and spend the money you would need to replace him on Billy’s statue

He's a back-up player, nothing more. Therefore I feel the scrutiny is slightly unfair and we should adjust our expectations accordingly, of course if he plays he's going to be the weak link.

Just have to hope Davies gets back soon and/or Lopata/Basham can step up.

Back
Top Bottom