Get Egan out. Get a new CB in January

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Foderinghan regularly has howlers, and then saves pens to make up for it..

Egan makes mistakes, and last night scored the equaliser...

Last season we made horrible mistakes away at Coventry, Preston and Derby amongst other games, this season were making up for those mistakes and taking points..

We're second with a little breathing space, which we know we're gonna need...

No need to complain about any players just yet have we..

Totally disagree. One of the best centre halves outside the top flight.

Plus, theoretical discussion aside, when did we start crapping money in order to afford replacing him.

Pukki rates Egan as the toughest CB to play against...

also names alot of other Sheffield United players in his list of top players.

I don’t rate Egan. I think he’s overrated as people see him as one of our leaders and he “pieces” the backline together with him being in the middle. Tonight showed it again, whether he scored or not, another fucking stupid mistake. I also believe he’s prone to many of the over the top balls that teams play over our defence.

Can someone relate? Or totally disagree? This is my opinion and I stand by it. Egan has done fantastically well for us at Sheffield untied but I just feel like it’s time to UPGRADE in the central defender position. Not hating, just stating my opinion.

Thoughts Blades fans?
William,
Do you still stand by your opinion?
Or think your post might have been a bit hasty based on only part of the truth?
My view - despite the occasional mistake (that all footballers make) Egan has been, and still is, as good as or better than anyone else in the Champ and anyone else we could afford right now.
So I’m uncertain how you think we’re gonna bag an UPGRADE and indeed unsure why you think that we actually need one right now.
UTB’s

I am confused when posters say Egan is not good enough for the Premier League, he's an International Footballer for Gawds sake.
Agreed. He was more than good enough for the EPL last time and certainly one of the few players who can't be blamed for the disastrous second season. There are other positions that will need upgrades should we get promoted such as LCB, LM and CF.

A compilation of defenders' mistakes. Some not too bad but there are some real howlers. Liverpool feature quite prominently!
Guest appearance for Moose and Lunny

blade too long beat me to it

Everyone is allowed a mistake now and again, we are only human.
Prevention of been put into that situation is far more a sensible thing to correct rater than single out an individual error.
We've seen time and time again and not only this season that this malarkey of the playing it out from the back from the goalkeeper instead of a long kick is getting more regular.
I'm not a fan of it personally.
Not that I don't want to see good football being played, I just would rather see it being played further up the pitch.

Summer 2018 - Wilder signs Egan
May 2019 - United promoted to Premier League with best defensive record in Championship (Egan plays every game)
Summer 2020 - United finish 9th in the Premier League with one of the best defensive records in the division. (Egan plays every game)
May 2021 - United relegated but in all honesty how much fault can we attribute to Egan for that?
Currently - United 2nd in the division with the best defensive record, 9 points clear of 3rd (Egan has played every game)

Ok Egan hasn’t played EVERY game as he misses the odd one for suspension (Blackpool last week for example) but this man is absolutely one of the main reasons we are now a top championship team.

Is he ‘Champions League level’ like the ROI manager suggested? No. But he’s definitely someone to keep, one of the first names on the team sheet.

There’s a suggestion he gets beaten by the ball over the top, but this happens so rarely that the only example that has been raised so far dates back 2 months and was, in fact, Anel who had been beaten.

In the words of the great man himself ‘unbelievable scenes, outrageous scenes!’

Egan is critical for us at this level at this moment in time for me.

If we are to get promoted and have designs on consolidating then realistically at his age we will need to seek a replacement sooner rather than later.

I don’t rate Egan. I think he’s overrated as people see him as one of our leaders and he “pieces” the backline together with him being in the middle. Tonight showed it again, whether he scored or not, another fucking stupid mistake. I also believe he’s prone to many of the over the top balls that teams play over our defence.

Can someone relate? Or totally disagree? This is my opinion and I stand by it. Egan has done fantastically well for us at Sheffield untied but I just feel like it’s time to UPGRADE in the central defender position. Not hating, just stating my opinion.

Thoughts Blades fans?

Completely agree
Makes run of the mill target men look like adriano and has the iq of a fish finger
Promotion as captain ✅
19/44 clean sheets as captain ✅

Well done skipper 👍

Having witnessed some of the hilariously poor defensive performances this season by the likes of West Ham , Wolves , Leeds , Leicester , Everton etc. etc . I can say with some confidence that roughly half the the defences in the PL would have been greatly improved had they had John Egan in their team .

My only fear for Egan is he won’t be afforded the same amount of time on the ball in the Prem, like he had this season. Yes he’s a bit of a plodder with the ball, but he’s a first class defender without it.

Been saying for weeks now, it flew under the radar but Ahmedhodzic's best game for us was at CCB v Spurs....

Considering how athletic most of the PL's forwards are, I can see him being pivotal in that role next season... So another attacking RCB please Mr Heckinbottom!

Been saying for weeks now, it flew under the radar but Ahmedhodzic's best game for us was at CCB v Spurs....

Considering how athletic most of the PL's forwards are, I can see him being pivotal in that role next season... So another attacking RCB please Mr Heckinbottom!
definetly agree with you there anel was immense against spurs in the cup and for me its his best position strangely enough i feel that egan and anel as the 2 centre backs in a back 4 could be our best formation egan gets in trouble when the 2 other centre backs go wide and leave him alone baldock egan anel and rnd would be my first choice back 4 if we ever play it again just bring a big physical defensive midfielder in to sit in front of them alongside tommy doyle in a 4231 set up for next season

Our three main strikers,Jebbo, McB and Sharp are all league 1 at best now and your worried about Egan FFS.

Just because we lost against Huddersfield, it's all Egan's fault. He has been consistent and played well in most games this season.

Thoughts Blades fans?

Since your OP, I think Egan has been Mr consistent.

I reckon he’s read your post and pulled his socks up

Egan will be on here shortly to thank you

Personally think Egan has been solid for the last couple of months.

Back
Top Bottom