Get Egan out. Get a new CB in January

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I don’t rate Egan. I think he’s overrated as people see him as one of our leaders and he “pieces” the backline together with him being in the middle. Tonight showed it again, whether he scored or not, another fucking stupid mistake. I also believe he’s prone to many of the over the top balls that teams play over our defence.

Can someone relate? Or totally disagree? This is my opinion and I stand by it. Egan has done fantastically well for us at Sheffield untied but I just feel like it’s time to UPGRADE in the central defender position. Not hating, just stating my opinion.

Thoughts Blades fans?
Reminds me of the silly things I said when I was your age!

That goal wasn't all Egans fault. When there's 5 of their forwards there, a proper goal kick takes them all out and leaves 5 plus a goalie to beat. Stop with this crap of playing out. Only the best teams can do this. He didn't do wery well though I must admit.

(Could be MOM though, scored 2)

I don’t rate Egan. I think he’s overrated as people see him as one of our leaders and he “pieces” the backline together with him being in the middle. Tonight showed it again, whether he scored or not, another fucking stupid mistake. I also believe he’s prone to many of the over the top balls that teams play over our defence.

Can someone relate? Or totally disagree? This is my opinion and I stand by it. Egan has done fantastically well for us at Sheffield untied but I just feel like it’s time to UPGRADE in the central defender position. Not hating, just stating my opinion.

Thoughts Blades fans?
As it happens, yesterday I watched The Old Firm Game at Ibrox and I was impressed with Carter Vickers.
So if we get promoted recon he would be good in tandem with Egan giving a similar pairing of Egan and O'Connell.

Didn't the QPR defence get beaten by a ball over the top when Billy chipped it over?

It happens to any defender in the world.

Egan ISA good, solid pro, and plays every minute or every game. He'll get caught out occasionally, it's a % game.

We've drawn a game away from home,that's all, no need to dismantle the team.

There's some real sandy vaginas on here sometimes. FFS

I wouldn’t be so hasty to “upgrade” right now. But I’d be looking to sign a replacement if we go up.

2nd in the league, running away from the play offs and some plank wants us to drop one of the mainstays that's got us there, playing virtually every minute along the way. Worse still, more planks agree with him 🙃
Amazing isn't it?

All clubs have some stupid fans but since lockdown it has been crackers on here.

I notice the people who start these ridiculous threads are never to be seen again in the replies.
From what I gather he’s a young lad. Some of the replies to him on his post are embarrassing and I wouldn’t blame him if it put him off posting on here.

He’s put an opinion forward in a sensible way. In the words of Pompey if you disagree then tell him why instead of the childish commrnts.

That not directed solely to you mate by the way, it’s to all the pathetic replies on here

Thoughts Blades fans?
You shouldn't be swearing at your age. Does your dad know you use language like this.
#pottymouth

My advice to the poster is to attend more English classes at school - this is the second thread I've seen in which he uses "Sheffield untied".........it strikes me as a bit poor when one of our fans can't even spell the name of the club correctly. However, he is entitled to his view..............even if it is wrong.

Embarrassing post.

Some folks just don’t get it. This what good looks like malarkey that is !!

Maybe stick to tiddlywinks ?

BEST CB IN DIVISION BY SOME MARGIN. 2nd place not even that close to boot !

UTB
Agree for once

Most of the mistakes he makes are when he's playing out from the back with ball at feet and not when we're actually defending. There's a reasonably simple answer to stopping this . . .

One of the joys of watching the EFL highlights show over the last couple of seasons is the half a dozen weekly comedy goals the lower league teams give away thinking they are Man City/Liverpool and giving the ball away needlessly in their own third of the pitch. Not quite so funny when we do it though.

I've seen him a few times, we'd be down by Christmas if he played for us.
What a silly statement to make without giving at least one reason for your opinion.
Do you believe your opinions are better than others?
Don't talk down to other folk, especially Me.
Now would you like to put forward your thoughts on Carter Vickers?

What a silly statement to make without giving at least one reason for your opinion.
Do you believe your opinions are better than others?
Don't talk down to other folk, especially Me.
Now would you like to put forward your thoughts on Carter Vickers?
I think Carter-Vickers is a poor defender and would certainly be at PL level, he's slow and cumbersome and gets caught the wrong side of forwards quite a lot, fine for the SPL and the 4 difficult games that Celtic have every season but not PL standard in my view. I have a Glasgow based mate who knows him as 'Carthorse-Vickers', he watches him a lot more than I do.

There's no talking down involved, it's a football forum and I've expressed an opinion on a footballer, it tends to work like that. My opinions are my opinions and I've certainly not stated that they are any better (or worse) than yours. Maybe just wind your neck in a little bit and calm down.

I think Carter-Vickers is a poor defender and would certainly be at PL level, he's slow and cumbersome and gets caught the wrong side of forwards quite a lot, fine for the SPL and the 4 difficult games that Celtic have every season but not PL standard in my view. I have a Glasgow based mate who knows him as 'Carthorse-Vickers', he watches him a lot more than I do.

There's no talking down involved, it's a football forum and I've expressed an opinion on a footballer, it tends to work like that. My opinions are my opinions and I've certainly not stated that they are any better (or worse) than yours. Maybe just wind your neck in a little bit and calm down.
Many thanks for your more enlightening view on Carter Vickers. I could see he would need to get fitter for the PL, but he stood firm after Celtic let in two early second half goal to go down 2-1 after leading 0-1. Not only that he drove forwards thus enabling, eventually, Celtic to gain a draw.
There you go again, last sentence, talking down again.🤔

Many thanks for your more enlightening view on Carter Vickers. I could see he would need to get fitter for the PL, but he stood firm after Celtic let in two early second half goal to go down 2-1 after leading 0-1. Not only that he drove forwards thus enabling, eventually, Celtic to gain a draw.
There you go again, last sentence, talking down again.🤔
He’s left footed and he can carry the ball out l, but he’s very slow. Probably on a par with Robinson from what I’ve seen in terms of football ability. Better than Kean Bryan though who we seemed to think was a viable option last time so 🤷🏻‍♂️

Reckon he was an absolute bargain who has already justified the modest fee we paid for him.

He’s left footed and he can carry the ball out l, but he’s very slow. Probably on a par with Robinson from what I’ve seen in terms of football ability. Better than Kean Bryan though who we seemed to think was a viable option last time so 🤷🏻‍♂️

Carter-Vickers is right footed (assuming I’ve not read your comment wrong and you’re talking about someone else instead 🙂)

I personally felt that he was better with us than he got credit for but I haven’t seen him play regularly since then so no idea how he’s developed.

Carter-Vickers is right footed (assuming I’ve not read your comment wrong and you’re talking about someone else instead 🙂)

I personally felt that he was better with us than he got credit for but I haven’t seen him play regularly since then so no idea how he’s developed.
He might be both footed then as he was playing on the left and comfortable with his left for Celtic when I’ve seen them.

Thoughts Blades fans?
Look, I’ve got a lot of time for John Egan the (Johnny on the spot) defender. But unfortunately someone in United’s coaching staff has convinced him he’s a cross between Brazilian legend Socrates and Frank Beckenbauer. Why oh why does he have to initiate every thing we do from the back, with his slow plodding style, we look so vulnerable when he’s trying to pick a pass. He is so one footed that the main puzzler for me, is his infuriating habit of continually knocking it to his left, when it’s so fucking obvious to us and the opposition…He’s a right footed player.

Completely agree. Said it before and tonight. Very 1 dimensional player who makes mistakes, gets beaten by simple passes over the top and for me doesn’t read the game well enough. He’s lucky we play with a back 3, JOC made him look better as does Anel now. Fine for championship, but not Premier league.
Good job we're in the championship then - I wouldn't swap him for sure as it stands.

Look, I’ve got a lot of time for John Egan the (Johnny on the spot) defender. But unfortunately someone in United’s coaching staff has convinced him he’s a cross between Brazilian legend Socrates and Frank Beckenbauer. Why oh why does he have to initiate every thing we do from the back, with his slow plodding style, we look so vulnerable when he’s trying to pick a pass. He is so one footed that the main puzzler for me, is his infuriating habit of continually knocking it to his left, when it’s so fucking obvious to us and the opposition…He’s a right footed player

Is that Franz's English cousin ?

Back
Top Bottom