Get Behind The Team

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

These allegedly insipid, gutless, and shite players (with two League losses in the past three months) have come from behind a number of times this season, and shown a far greater commitment to the cause than some of the fans.

The players have my support - if we get behind them we have a chance of promotion.
  • "You're not fit to wear the shirt."
  • "We're fucking shit."
  • Booing the team off at half time when they're 1-0 and giving the opposition a footballing lesson
  • Screaming purple-faced death wishes at young lifelong Blade keeper
  • Abusing the club captain within earshot during a game
  • Cheering when players are subbed
  • Relentless abuse of the co-chairman on social media
etc.

What would it look like if it was bad? :eek:

Ignoring (as usual) how the team found themselves behind, time and time again.

And when getting battered 3-0, being called shit is the least they should expect.

But still, i imagine it's Keith Edwards fault, eh?

I think the salient point is if you think we're shit, you're unlikely to see a huge improvement before the end of the season. If you hate the players then you aren't likely to change your mind and besides there's no new players coming in. It is what it is.

IF we make the top 6 it'll be a slow, attritional battle until the end of the season. All the OP is saying is get behind the players, make the best of it and try and wring the last measly drops of enjoyment from the damp SUFC facecloth. Because if you are going to throw the toys out of the pram at every mishap, you'll run out of toys by March and it's a long time until May.
Made me lol but sad thing is its oh so true COYRAWW

Again imo miles wide of the mark.

We lost games earlier in the season in part because of the game plan, which in turn was in part because Adkins didn't know the limits or limitations of the players. We tried to play one way. It wasn't working. We persisted. Finally we accepted our limitations and the losses began to recede. (We also occasionally had very bad luck - though we've won some with very good luck since.) We might be able to turn them into wins (though possibly not tomorrow). Who knows?

To me it's just total nonsense that the players aren't trying. For reasons stated above.

I can't see any evidence at all that Adkins has used negativity to motivate the players - to the extent that it has been mentioned, the exact opposite is true: it demotivates the players.

The players have on a number of occasions shown a pride in the shirt that the "We're fucking shit" fans, for instance, haven't.

The players have my support.

"We're fucking shit". Pride.

You're absolutely blind to what's actually gone on this season.

I for one get fucked off with people & management telling us (the paying supporters) to get behind the team, well "us the supporters" do get get behind the team ! we dont pay our money to go and boo the team,staying in touch, and yet another abysmal JTW :( a lot of supporters are getting fucked off with the same bullshit that comes from the club every season i.e. going for promotion,game changing investment blah blah blah, its starting to wear a bit thin now

The numbers have been there all season, and the quality of support has been nowhere near as bad as has been suggested by some. We've been in fine voice considering the insipid, gutless shite we've had in return.

We've been crap many times in history. Sometimes it's the manager and it's almost always the board to varying degrees.

But this time it's the players themselves. I detest the culture amongst this squad. They are not representative of my club and I want them gone.
I'll be cheering for United tomorrow, but only the name, because it's all we have left.

Couldn't agree more mate ........ this lot are frequently lacking in quality, effort and balls.

Hence the " you're not fit to were the shirt" chant during the debacle against mighty Shrewsbury .....

UTB & FTP

These allegedly insipid, gutless, and shite players (with two League losses in the past three months) have come from behind a number of times this season, and shown a far greater commitment to the cause than some of the fans.

The players have my support - if we get behind them we have a chance of promotion.
  • "You're not fit to wear the shirt."
  • "We're fucking shit."
  • Booing the team off at half time when they're 1-0 and giving the opposition a footballing lesson
  • Screaming purple-faced death wishes at young lifelong Blade keeper
  • Abusing the club captain within earshot during a game
  • Cheering when players are subbed
  • Relentless abuse of the co-chairman on social media
etc.

What would it look like if it was bad? :eek:

I believe that our current position and little chance of improvement soon is bad ....... given the size, support base, budget, resources and facilities of the Club.

Five years in this agricultural division, with many of the same players does speak volumes ....... :(

UTB & FTP

Thought For The Day - A Person Who Is Appreciated Will Always Do More Than Is Expected - I hope so 15 wins from the last 18 might just do it

There is more chance of me being invited to a steamy threesome with Kelly Brook and Scarlet Johannsen than there is of us winning even 10 of the last 18 games, let alone 15 !! :eek:

However, if it comes to it ....... I'm prepared to stand up ( lay down ) and take it like a man :D

UTB & FTP

If players play better when appreciated, we'd be in the premier league.

I'm to angry for words after that inept display.
I defended them in this thread earlier this week, but after watching that shambolic display I'm unable to.
Paul Coutts bottling out of changes typified the whole team today disgraceful.

I try and be as positive and optimistic as possible but I'm now wondering where our 'win' is coming. I don't mean in terms of 3 points, but more in terms of a turning point where we kick on a bit and make a go of getting out this league... I don't know ...:rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom