FUTURE PROSPECTS

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

My point is that the windows since relegation have seen us scrambling around last minute, purely relying on the Manager to eek the most out of the relegated squad with very little strategy beyond getting through the immediate season, Anel being the exception.

Hecky is unhappy with potential delays related to selling the club.

We have all but 2 or three out of contract in the next 14 months which is nonsensical squad management.

Transfer dealings are a complicated venture but that hasn’t stopped Brighton getting one tied up (Joao Pedro) and one (Milner) well on the way while their season is ongoing. Why aren’t they waiting for the free market as you say?

It will be hard to compete and there will be a limited group of players that will improve us, are available and affordable. We need to be decisive and at least be ahead of the play off pack.

We’ll see, but if it’s all left last minute then it will be hugely disappointing and likely ineffectual.
I doubt we'll see much action other than the extended and released players until the end of June - possibly later if the takeover drags on.

I remember plenty on here having a panic attack because Cardiff signed loads (of dross) early last summer.

As long as the right players arrive at some point during pre-season (Prem loans possibly later and following the squad confirmation date), I won't be too worried.

I doubt we'll see much action other than the extended and released players until the end of June - possibly later if the takeover drags on.

I remember plenty on here having a panic attack because Cardiff signed loads (of dross) early last summer.

As long as the right players arrive at some point during pre-season (Prem loans possibly later and following the squad confirmation date), I won't be too worried.
We need them in early. Look how long it took Doyle and McAtee to perform in our system. We can't afford to be trying to get players up to speed once the season commences.

Elye Wahi (20) having a monster game for Montpellier against Lyon. He’s probably out of our price range but I’m sure he’ll be on some prem radars.
A very good player indeed.

Elye Wahi (20) having a monster game for Montpellier against Lyon. He’s probably out of our price range but I’m sure he’ll be on some prem radars.

He’s be one to chase if we had the cash but I doubt we will have

Feels like we're going through a new golden generation of young footballers starting to break out.

Frustrating we'll likely see none of them, but c'est la vie.

Feels like we're going through a new golden generation of young footballers starting to break out.

Frustrating we'll likely see none of them, but c'est la vie.
Jesus shitting christ
Just had a season where we've been promoted against the odds with youth products including jebbo ,Norrington-Davies and possibly our most exciting player ever and this is is the miserable shit you post
Sorry to single you out as you are pretty much the same as most posters on here
I can't take it anymore
I'll come back pre season when you've all been proved wrong again

Jesus shitting christ
Just had a season where we've been promoted against the odds with youth products including jebbo ,Norrington-Davies and possibly our most exciting player ever and this is is the miserable shit you post
I can't take it anymore
Every time I read one of your posts I can only imagine it in a Will Ferrell voice. Cracks me up 😄

Strangely enough newly promoted mid sized premier league clubs with shit facilities are going to be at the back of the queue when it comes to wonder kids. Ndiaye is a freak. Brooks was the last one and we only got him as Manchester City thought he was too small.

Omar Campos (20)
Position: Left Center Back
Club: Santos Laguna
Notes: A left center back who LOVES to get forward and join in with attacks. Fancies himself as a bit of a finisher a bit like Anel

Thought would start a list compiling some future prospects from around the globe.

We all know we cant afford those players playing in the top leagues at the peak of their career so good place to look at some hidden potential gems that we can sell for a higher price than purchased for down the track.

Worst case scenario we can look back at some of these and see how their career ends up down the track.

I'll list some below

Enzo Le Fee (23)
Current Club: Lorient
Position: Defensive Midfield
Notes: Contract set to expire with Lorient and refusing to sign new contract as looking for a new challenge.

Nestory Irankunda (17)
Current Club: Adelaide United
Position: Forward/Winger
Notes: Started playing for the first team at 16, and is making headlines already at 17, originally from Tanzania he can represent Tanzania or Australia and Australia have already called him into their senior squad to try and tie him down to represent them, thats how much they think of him.

Antonio Nusa (18)
Current Club: Club Brugge
Position Winger
Notes: Club Brugge tied him down to a 4 year contract the very day he turned 18, which shows how much they think of him.

Jesper Lindstrom (23)
Current Club: Eintracht Frankfurt
Position: Attacking Midfielder
Notes: Already represented Denmark at the World Cup and scored

Karim Konate (19)
Current Club: Red Bull Salzburg
Position: Forward
Notes: Nicknamed 'The next Drogba'

Ousmane Diamonde (19)
Current Club: Sporting
Position: Centre Back
Notes: Recently signed 4 year contract until 2027

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7_LbsN0fufM

Oscar Cortes (19)
Current Club: Millanarios
Position: Attacking Midfield/Winger
Notes: Leading goalscorer at South America U-20 tournament for Columbia

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ojfvYgHA5c

Jesper lindstrom looks quality! From a quick google though he’s being chased by arsenal and liverpool for potentially 50m. Rules us out sadly. Would love us to be trying to unearth these kinds of players though.

Adem Zorgane at Sporting Charleroi. Only 23, plays Centre Mid. Rangers were looking at him in January for around £6m.

Ellyes Skhiri at FC Köln. 27, plays Centre Mid and is out of contract this summer. Wages are doable as he's on around £26k week but bigger clubs do seem interested.

Aleksei Miranchuk on loan at Torino from Atalanta. 27, plays as an attacking midfielder. 1 year left on his contract. Not sure about what wages he's on.

Aleksei Miranchuk on loan at Torino from Atalanta. 27, plays as an attacking midfielder. 1 year left on his contract. Not sure about what wages he's on.

One request, try and keep players sort of over 23 on a different thread as would no longer consider them 'future prospects' at that age

Kwadwo Opoku (22)
Club: Los Angeles FC
Position: Support Striker
Notes: Deceptively strong for a smaller physique

This kid?

Attachments

• Screenshot_2023-05-10-18-14-32-64_3e1730e409eaf7d1d25ede7155cc8a16.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-05-10-18-14-32-64_3e1730e409eaf7d1d25ede7155cc8a16.jpg
    426 KB · Views: 28
Jesus shitting christ
I can't take it anymore
No dont fukin bother , just fuck off if you cant be civil to people

Some of these signing would be lovely but we all know we're gonna end up acquiring a load of dross 😪

Carlos Augusto (24)
Club: Monza
Position: LWB
Notes: Basically another RND, a unit (6ft) of a LWB, with significant skill and ability. Statistically one of the best LWB in Serie A, rating high across all key defensive and attacking statistics. Can play LCB. Probably available for around 5-7m (we could double+ his wages in the PL).

Carlos Augusto (24)
Notes: Basically another RND, a unit (6ft) of a LWB, with significant skill and ability. Statistically one of the best LWB in Serie A, rating high across all key defensive and attacking statistics. Can play LCB. Probably available for around 5-7m (we could double+ his wages in the PL).

I'll add that there is a chaotic Chris Basham energy to his dribbling that I love. When I see his highlight reel I see all the ingredients of a Bramall lane fans favorites. Strong in the tackle, physically imposing and bold with the ball.

I'll add that there is a chaotic Chris Basham energy to his dribbling that I love. When I see his highlight reel I see all the ingredients of a Bramall lane fans favorites. Strong in the tackle, physically imposing and bold with the ball.
Hes great, but monza want big money for their players.

They've just spent about 40m on signings for next season.

Berlusconi won't sell him.

Hes great, but monza want big money for their players.

They've just spent about 40m on signings for next season.

Berlusconi won't sell him.
You may know more than me, but he appears to be out of contract in 2024. This may be one to slide under, 'if the club gets sold to a billionaire'.

For me the two big money signings I would make is Doyle, and a LWB who can be big for us for 4-5 years.

I'm slotting RND in at LCB. A back 5 of ($$$LWB), RND, Egan, Anel, Baldock would give us the platform to survive in the PL the same way our back 5 did last time around. If we can keep Ndiaye, I don't see the need to spend big on a ST, I'd get a loan to go with McB, Jebbo, Brewster and Ili (or a like for like replacement if we have to sell him).

Carlos Augusto (24)

Many rumours of Newcastle being interested and im not surprised. Would be absolutely perfect for us.

Have we actually got a foreign scouting network or do we just rely on agents to pitch players to us coz we're PL ?
We stole Anel from under everyone's noses but wasn't that a fluke connection by Jack Lester or summat ?

Ronnie Edwards could be one to watch tonight against Wednesday he’s a young CB England under 20 international and has made 40 appearance for Peterborough this season in league one. He’d fit our recruitment profile.

Wisdom Amey 17 year old CB for Bologna he looks like he’ll be the next athletic freak CB in Italian football.

Reyes Cleary at West Brom he’s 19 scored 16 in 12 this season in Prem 2 is an England U19 and they are rumoured to be in financial trouble this summer he could be very getable

Back
Top Bottom