FUTURE PROSPECTS

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Lennon Miller of Motherwell we’ve recently picked up Jevan Beattie from their academy but Miller has already broken through to the first team at 16 and is getting prem interest from the likes of Palace and Southampton.

Given the fees for Scottish players tend to be lower compared to English players of the same profile he could be a very astute pick up this summer.

Last edited:

Also James Wilson at Hearts has just turned down Villa to sign a two year deal with Man U and Liverpool also meant to be interested.

One to watch for next summer probably and see if he can be tempted away.

Lennon Miller of Motherwell we’ve recently picked up Jevan Beattie from their academy but Miller has already broken through to the first team at 16 and is getting prem interest from the likes of Palace and Southampton.

Given the fees for Scottish players tend to be lower compared to English players of the same profile he could be a very astute pick up this summer.

Agreed theirs some gems in the Scottish League, we may benefit from knowing they would get regular game time to showcase themselves in the premier league with us rather than being a bit-part player at a bigger club

Agreed theirs some gems in the Scottish League, we may benefit from knowing they would get regular game time to showcase themselves in the premier league with us rather than being a bit-part player at a bigger club
I think we can definitely put a strong pitch to these type of really high potential teenagers that there’s a strong pathway for them to the first team here.

Come in develop further for a couple of years and you can be the next Ndiaye/Jebbo. If you’re good enough we’ll clear a pathway for you and if you do well here then you’ll get your big move.

Andre Trindade (21)
Club: Fluminese
Position: Midfield
Notes: Forest tried to sign him in January but he stayed with his current club as his wife was about to give birth.

Thought would start a list compiling some future prospects from around the globe.

We all know we cant afford those players playing in the top leagues at the peak of their career so good place to look at some hidden potential gems that we can sell for a higher price than purchased for down the track.

Worst case scenario we can look back at some of these and see how their career ends up down the track.

I'll list some below

Enzo Le Fee (23)
Current Club: Lorient
Position: Defensive Midfield
Notes: Contract set to expire with Lorient and refusing to sign new contract as looking for a new challenge.

Nestory Irankunda (17)
Current Club: Adelaide United
Position: Forward/Winger
Notes: Started playing for the first team at 16, and is making headlines already at 17, originally from Tanzania he can represent Tanzania or Australia and Australia have already called him into their senior squad to try and tie him down to represent them, thats how much they think of him.

Antonio Nusa (18)
Current Club: Club Brugge
Position Winger
Notes: Club Brugge tied him down to a 4 year contract the very day he turned 18, which shows how much they think of him.

Jesper Lindstrom (23)
Current Club: Eintracht Frankfurt
Position: Attacking Midfielder
Notes: Already represented Denmark at the World Cup and scored

Karim Konate (19)
Current Club: Red Bull Salzburg
Position: Forward
Notes: Nicknamed 'The next Drogba'

Ousmane Diamonde (19)
Current Club: Sporting
Position: Centre Back
Notes: Recently signed 4 year contract until 2027

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7_LbsN0fufM

Oscar Cortes (19)
Current Club: Millanarios
Position: Attacking Midfield/Winger
Notes: Leading goalscorer at South America U-20 tournament for Columbia

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ojfvYgHA5c

Bumping this one on Oscar Cortes at Millanarios with article below.

As mentioned in another post since Brexit, South America has become a relaxed free for all.

This guy will be going to a top club by next season.

If we don't go for him now, he'll be worth alot more in the future

https://footballtalentscout.net/2023/05/02/oscar-cortes-one-in-a-million-by-sebastian-ferro/

Has Beattie joined?

Luis Lopes (23)
Club: Aberdeen
Position: Forward
Notes: Scored 16 goals in 32 games for Aberdeen in a breakout season and been the key to their success this season.
Fast and strong in the same mould as Mousset (without the injuries)

Szymon Wlodarczyk, a 20 yr old CF. He stands 6 ft 2 in his socked feet.

8 in 23 in the Polish League and 12 in 9 for the Polish u17's and 1 in 3 for their u21's.

Celtic were looking at him in the JTW, and may well have another look in the summer. £3.5m was the fee quoted.

We apparently signed a contract with him in feb so I’d imagine he’ll arrive with the new intake this summer. Correction maybe not he was apparently on trial with Brighton in March so maybe it was another one that we didn’t get done due to the embargo.
We couldn't complete the deal due to the embargo

List of top U23 talents whos contracts are set to expire at end of season:

Bruno Zapelli (20)
Club: Belgrano
Position: Left Midfield/ Left Centre Mid
Notes: Key to Belgrano getting promoted to the Primera this season.

I don’t pretend to know many players outside English football, but I believe most Scottish clubs play at a different level?

Alexander Prass. Plays with Sturm Gratz. Left side of midfield and at a good age.

I don’t pretend to know many players outside English football, but I believe most Scottish clubs play at a different level?
They do but the lads I’ve mentioned above are attracting premier league interest and have broken through into mens football as 16 year olds. Even if you take into account that the Scottish Premiership might be on the whole a lower standard than the championship it’s still very impressive to be playing at that level at 16.

I’d suggest if we were trying to buy an English striker who’d played a full season in league one at 16 we probably wouldn’t be able to afford them.

Kuryu Matsuki (19)
Current Club: FC Tokyo
Position: Attacking Midfield
Notes: Japanese market somewhere where Celtic have done very well making profit, a market still largely unexploited.

Martin Baturina (20)
Current Club: Dinamo Zagreb
Position: Right Midfield
Notes: Another market that is fairly cheap to buy from and could turn profitable

Nestory Irankunda snapped up ❌

They do but the lads I’ve mentioned above are attracting premier league interest and have broken through into mens football as 16 year olds. Even if you take into account that the Scottish Premiership might be on the whole a lower standard than the championship it’s still very impressive to be playing at that level at 16.

I’d suggest if we were trying to buy an English striker who’d played a full season in league one at 16 we probably wouldn’t be able to afford them.
Don’t mind me mate, my opinions are probably buried too far in the past. I still view Scottish fiootball as a bit of a lucky dip. Do we get a Bryson, or a Scougal? 🤷‍♂️

Not suggesting we would have gotten any of these but just shows deals are already being done and we really need to get a wriggle on especially if looking at U23 talents who can arrange pre-contracts before window opens at that age.

Not suggesting we would have gotten any of these but just shows deals are already being done and we really need to get a wriggle on especially if looking at U23 talents who can arrange pre-contracts before window opens at that age.

I wonder how many of them would have qualified for a work permit in the UK.

This is the problem with United.

We always seem to find a way to fuck around when a transfer window comes up.

Last January it was the takeover and
embargo and no signings. First time a team has ever had to go up without January reinforcements.

The Summer it was late due to Play Offs and fending off bids but Anel apart, making do with loans.

The Summer previous, after we’d gone down, it was waiting until the last minute and getting just loans after we failed to sell Berge.

This time around no excuses.

We were promoted with 3 matches to go and we were out of embargo.

We have a three match start on everyone in the Championship. We have a 5 if not 6 game start on Play Off teams. We finish a few weeks before the Premier League does.

If Brighton can start lining things up then why can’t we?

Example - Manning at Swansea. Their race is run. If we want to replace Stevens with a younger, more productive player then need we really wait for more clubs, who are currently uncertain, to come into the picture?

Likewise we deals. Talks should have been ongoing anyway once we knew we would be going up. They could have started before based on the two scenarios of staying down or going up. The notion that we will only start to chat and negotiate now is quite frankly a bit pathetic especially when those out of contract in most cases have limited negotiating power I.e. there are no huge takers for the likes of Robbo or Norwood, they will be better served with us.

Hopefully we don’t make this window another farce. Just crack on with the budget as is. If more funds come later then so be it, maybe you add one extra player or two but let’s not procrastinate, it will be hard enough as it is.

Don’t mind me mate, my opinions are probably buried too far in the past. I still view Scottish fiootball as a bit of a lucky dip. Do we get a Bryson, or a Scougal? 🤷‍♂️
Hopefully not the later now we don’t have Clough’s brother heading up the scouting.

This is the problem with United.

We always seem to find a way to fuck around when a transfer window comes up.

Last January it was the takeover and
embargo and no signings. First time a team has ever had to go up without January reinforcements.

The Summer it was late due to Play Offs and fending off bids but Anel apart, making do with loans.

The Summer previous, after we’d gone down, it was waiting until the last minute and getting just loans after we failed to sell Berge.

This time around no excuses.

We were promoted with 3 matches to go and we were out of embargo.

We have a three match start on everyone in the Championship. We have a 5 if not 6 game start on Play Off teams. We finish a few weeks before the Premier League does.

If Brighton can start lining things up then why can’t we?

Example - Manning at Swansea. Their race is run. If we want to replace Stevens with a younger, more productive player then need we really wait for more clubs, who are currently uncertain, to come into the picture?

Likewise we deals. Talks should have been ongoing anyway once we knew we would be going up. They could have started before based on the two scenarios of staying down or going up. The notion that we will only start to chat and negotiate now is quite frankly a bit pathetic especially when those out of contract in most cases have limited negotiating power I.e. there are no huge takers for the likes of Robbo or Norwood, they will be better served with us.

Hopefully we don’t make this window another farce. Just crack on with the budget as is. If more funds come later then so be it, maybe you add one extra player or two but let’s not procrastinate, it will be hard enough as it is.
Let’s be fair. You’ve no idea what’s going on behind the scenes, no one does.

We aren’t just putting “transfer plans” as a post season agenda point for the next board meeting, where we start with a blank page.

Your example of Ryan Manning is a good one, what incentive is there for him or his agent to agree a contract before moving to the open market where he’ll likely have a number of suitors that will push up the price. More than likely we won’t even be interested in him, yet will be a stick to beat when he signs for someone else!

Transfer dealings are notoriously complicated and rarely straightforward. Granted we should have a few weeks head start on some of our rivals, but casting aspersions before the season is even over is nonsensical.

Let’s be fair. You’ve no idea what’s going on behind the scenes, no one does.

We aren’t just putting “transfer plans” as a post season agenda point for the next board meeting, where we start with a blank page.

Your example of Ryan Manning is a good one, what incentive is there for him or his agent to agree a contract before moving to the open market where he’ll likely have a number of suitors that will push up the price. More than likely we won’t even be interested in him, yet will be a stick to beat when he signs for someone else!

Transfer dealings are notoriously complicated and rarely straightforward. Granted we should have a few weeks head start on some of our rivals, but casting aspersions before the season is even over is nonsensical.
My point is that the windows since relegation have seen us scrambling around last minute, purely relying on the Manager to eek the most out of the relegated squad with very little strategy beyond getting through the immediate season, Anel being the exception.

Hecky is unhappy with potential delays related to selling the club.

We have all but 2 or three out of contract in the next 14 months which is nonsensical squad management.

Transfer dealings are a complicated venture but that hasn’t stopped Brighton getting one tied up (Joao Pedro) and one (Milner) well on the way while their season is ongoing. Why aren’t they waiting for the free market as you say?

It will be hard to compete and there will be a limited group of players that will improve us, are available and affordable. We need to be decisive and at least be ahead of the play off pack.

We’ll see, but if it’s all left last minute then it will be hugely disappointing and likely ineffectual.

Elye Wahi (20) having a monster game for Montpellier against Lyon. He’s probably out of our price range but I’m sure he’ll be on some prem radars.

Back
Top Bottom