Funny recollections of our 22/23 season

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Devils bump

Reaction score
Just thinking through our fantastic promotion season , of what funny/surreal episodes happened on the way to the Premier league. One that sticks out was the QPR fans shouting at the referee for something he can't or couldn't do 🤭

FUNNY. SURREAL OR BELTING!! EPISODES OF 22/23. Kompanys reaction to getting stuffed at BDTBL. They've got to come back to the shit hole that is turf Moor!!!

Just thinking through our fantastic promotion season , of what funny/surreal episodes happened on the way to the Premier league. One that sticks out was the QPR fans shouting at the referee for something he can't or couldn't do 🤭
What couldn’t he do?

Guess it was one of those had to be there moments ?

I'd say in hindsight, Billy's interview after the Wrexham game was quite funny.

Rather than be bland, magnanimous and middle of the road, he still couldn't let it drop that they'd been jumped up little upstarts so chose a National audience to get it off his chest!

What is it we say about Yorkshiremen? Say what I like and like what I bloody well say!

Video taken on QPR end, of their fans whistling at ref to end match, only for Egan to equalise right at the death 😍. As ref was leaving the pitch, the QPR fans, in their Southern Cockney accents shouted " You Ccaaanntt referee". "Ref you absolute ccaaannttt". I thought it was funny anyway 🤣.

Wrexham away. I struggled to see the whole of the pitch because of a tall chap in a group of four in front of me. Extra-time started and the four decided they'd had enough and left, leaving me with a clear view of Egan's equalizer.

It's just funny how good Iliman Ndiaye is at football.

It is also funny/ridiculous how negative some fans are. I really hope some of the negative types have learnt a bit of a lesson this season.

1: Blackburn fans going a bit early with their “Que Sera” chants in the FAC quarter final.
2: Same game, the lad pretending he was injured just before we scored the winner.
3: The refs and 4th official over the two Wrexham games, desperate to get themselves on the Disney doc
4: Lutron and Boro fans proudly declaring how they were going to overtake us with ease
5: The Bristol City fan on Roy’s View From declaring that they were better suited to the Premier League than we are!

Wrexham away. I struggled to see the whole of the pitch because of a tall chap in a group of four in front of me. Extra-time started and the four decided they'd had enough and left, leaving me with a clear view of Egan's equalizer.
We were ten seconds from going out of the FA Cup to a non league team and three months later, we're in the semi final against the soon to be treble winners and best club team in the world !! Fine margins and all that eh?

Back
Top Bottom