Frees and loans

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

We are fishing in the same pond as the vast majority of clubs at the bottom end of the PL, top end of the championship. We can’t compete with most of them in either fees or wages.
So we have to be smarter and identify good players earlier. I don’t know how we do that without investing in a whole team of data analysts

The accounts from our first season back in the Championship didn’t show a 40% wage reduction.
The reduction in the accounts was 25% but 20/21 was an 11 month reporting period. Restate that to 12 months (simply by dividing the figures by 11 and multiplying by 12) and the drop is just over 30% (£61.6m to £42.4m). The 21/22 figures also include the cost of sacking Jokanovic and his backroom team.

We are fishing in the same pond as the vast majority of clubs at the bottom end of the PL, top end of the championship. We can’t compete with most of them in either fees or wages.
So we have to be smarter and identify good players earlier. I don’t know how we do that without investing in a whole team of data analysts
Just follow Lutons targets and gazump em.

I agree…but we have to accept that, in all probability, unless we are sold to rich backers, the club’s future isn’t in the EPL.
We might be able to stay one or two seasons at the most, but relying on turning up a couple of undiscovered gems that no one else has spotted every season isn’t really sustainable. The crop of kids we have coming through is promising, but it looks a bit unlikely that any of them will be good enough for the first XI this season.
The fact is that, as things stand, we can’t really compete with the big boys and every season we are in the PL is a bonus, but we don’t belong here, we’re just gatecrashing the party.

I would argue that signing uncovered gems that no-one else has spotted is the only sustainable way to run the club.

Buying young players, and nurturing our own, is just about the only way a club like ours can get by, without a wealthy benefactor of course.

With new buyers in the pipeline to me it makes it crazy that we won't go out and compete for good established signings

Who's to say the new buyers are any wealthier or willing to invest than our current owner?

Who's to say that whatever potential takeover deal in the pipeline goes through, and fails like the last 2?

Do good established PL players move to newly promoted clubs?

Do we have the turnover, regardless of ownership to pay a squad of established premier league owners?

I personally think it's crazy that so many people are happy to gamble with the future of the club. There are so many cautionary tales of PL clubs overspending on players, getting relegated and struggling to recover from it - couldn't happen to us though, right?

I would argue that signing uncovered gems that no-one else has spotted is the only sustainable way to run the club.

Buying young players, and nurturing our own, is just about the only way a club like ours can get by, without a wealthy benefactor of course.
Brighton seem to do alright using this system that said the price of uncovered gems is also what we can't afford .. blame the Russians..UTB

Who's to say the new buyers are any wealthier or willing to invest than our current owner?

Who's to say that whatever potential takeover deal in the pipeline goes through, and fails like the last 2?

Do good established PL players move to newly promoted clubs?

Do we have the turnover, regardless of ownership to pay a squad of established premier league owners?

I personally think it's crazy that so many people are happy to gamble with the future of the club. There are so many cautionary tales of PL clubs overspending on players, getting relegated and struggling to recover from it - couldn't happen to us though, right?
It feckin did happen to us , we ended up in a transfer embargo for failing to pay our dues

Ben Brereton no goals mostly sub. Not a great move to spain. Loanmove......

Ben Brereton no goals mostly sub. Not a great move to spain. Loanmove......
Chuba Akpom is still waiting for his first Ajax goal, who have had a terrible start to the season.
Pretty sure he didn't make a appearance for Middlesbrough this season so could make a loan move in January.

Chuba Akpom is still waiting for his first Ajax goal, who have had a terrible start to the season.
Pretty sure he didn't make a appearance for Middlesbrough this season so could make a loan move in January.

He's actually scored 5 in 5 appearances, all bar one starting from the bench.
He would be eligible to play but it's doubtful Ajax will let him out as he and they are now finding form.

Back
Top Bottom