Frees and loans

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Can’t believe some of the wishful thinking of our fans. Gonzalez, Cakir, Davis, Slimane, Manning et Al.

We are never going to be seeing signings like that unless our sugar daddies are found.

We will start the season with last years squad plus a few low level punts or journeymen added to team.

Can’t believe some of the wishful thinking of our fans. Gonzalez, Cakir, Davis, Slimane, Manning et Al.

We are never going to be seeing signings like that unless our sugar daddies are found.

We will start the season with last years squad plus a few low level punts or journeymen added to team.
Don't let old Frank see this post lol

If we got a sugar daddy and brought in a free from Swansea (who actually is a player I think we should be going for right now), then I'd be questioning his sugar daddy credentials.

Archer should be the number 1 loan target

It seems pretty quiet on him

I'm sure we'll be in for him if he's available

Villa would loan him to us because they won't see us as any kind of rival, and understandably so

Him and Ndiaye around McBurnie would be as good as we can realistically hope for up front

Doyle and Field would be an ideal midfield pair to play behind them
logicàlly doyle and archer should be our 2 premier league loans plus i wouldnt be against us buying coady if the fee is reasonable and i think he would come here make obrien our other permanent signing that should be about 12m i reckon

Really surprised Ainsley Maitland-Niles hasn't signed for anyone yet. He'd be perfect for us. Could cover at RWB especially whilst Bogle is out but would be a solid addition to CM
You’d think he’d have plenty of offers so he’s unlikely to be in a rush to sign anywhere.

Really surprised Ainsley Maitland-Niles hasn't signed for anyone yet. He'd be perfect for us. Could cover at RWB especially whilst Bogle is out but would be a solid addition to CM

I would be astounded if we could get anywhere near his wage demands.

Tomiyasu from Arsenal wouldn't be out the realms of possibility

I would be astounded if we could get anywhere near his wage demands.
If we aren’t paying transfer fees, then we should be paying decent signing on fees and wages…otherwise players like this won’t be joining us…they’ll be on the gravy train to Saudi

If we aren’t paying transfer fees, then we should be paying decent signing on fees and wages…otherwise players like this won’t be joining us…they’ll be on the gravy train to Saudi

You hit the nail on the head; players like this won't be joining us.

The club will already struggle to match established PL clubs in terms of wages, furthermore, the club insists on relegation wage reductions, of around 40% - to prevent us getting burnt like our last PL outing.

It's for this reason that we can't attract players such as AMN, or similarly established PL players.

The club will already struggle to match established PL clubs in terms of wages, furthermore, the club insists on relegation wage reductions, of around 40% - to prevent us getting burnt like our last PL outing.

It's for this reason that we can't attract players such as AMN, or similarly established PL players.

You have to back the club on the relegation release clauses - even if everyone took a 40% cut. It’s no where near enough to cover the loss of PL revenue.

We’d be losing 30/40 million a year and it’s not sustainable

You have to back the club on the relegation release clauses - even if everyone took a 40% cut. It’s no where near enough to cover the loss of PL revenue.

We’d be losing 30/40 million a year and it’s not sustainable

Absolutely, we have to be realistic about the possibility of relegation. Our performance during the 19/20 season influenced some bad decisions in the 20/21 season. Decisions that we're still feeling the effects of now.

The accounts from our first season back in the Championship didn’t show a 40% wage reduction.

The accounts from our first season back in the Championship didn’t show a 40% wage reduction.
Purely from memory I thought Norwood had said everyone took a wage cut.

But perhaps not everyone. Or perhaps I imagined it.

I've not looked at the accounts since published and can't say I looked at that specific detail anyway to be honest.

That's the point. The club want to avoid a similar scenario, where the wage bill is unmanageable upon relegation, hence the insistence on these clauses for new signings.
The trouble is…not many really good players want to sign on those terms

The trouble is…not many really good players want to sign on those terms

I think that's remain to be seen. You're probably right about established players, but then again, we would never be able to purchase those players anyway due to other factors.

I'd rather we risk not being able to sign good enough players, than risk the club's future.

I think that's remain to be seen. You're probably right about established players, but then again, we would never be able to purchase those players anyway due to other factors.

I'd rather we risk not being able to sign good enough players, than risk the club's future.
I agree…but we have to accept that, in all probability, unless we are sold to rich backers, the club’s future isn’t in the EPL.
We might be able to stay one or two seasons at the most, but relying on turning up a couple of undiscovered gems that no one else has spotted every season isn’t really sustainable. The crop of kids we have coming through is promising, but it looks a bit unlikely that any of them will be good enough for the first XI this season.
The fact is that, as things stand, we can’t really compete with the big boys and every season we are in the PL is a bonus, but we don’t belong here, we’re just gatecrashing the party.

I agree…but we have to accept that, in all probability, unless we are sold to rich backers, the club’s future isn’t in the EPL.
We might be able to stay one or two seasons at the most, but relying on turning up a couple of undiscovered gems that no one else has spotted every season isn’t really sustainable. The crop of kids we have coming through is promising, but it looks a bit unlikely that any of them will be good enough for the first XI this season.
The fact is that, as things stand, we can’t really compete with the big boys and every season we are in the PL is a bonus, but we don’t belong here, we’re just gatecrashing the party.
Why not though that is so pessimistic as I told el accounto I don't get this well we are planning for next season and it seems we are forgetting this season loans unless the loans are woes I think it will be tough season and Luton are making some great signings . The worry was what hecky said a work in progress signings

With new buyers in the pipeline to me it makes it crazy that we won't go out and compete for good established signings

Why not though that is so pessimistic as I told el accounto I don't get this well we are planning for next season and it seems we are forgetting this season loans unless the loans are woes I think it will be tough season and Luton are making some great signings . The worry was what hecky said a work in progress signings
In that case, we have to be much smarter with recruitment, because we have to sign players that are completely under the radar of other clubs. How do we achieve that? Well, we mebbe have to get in a great data analyst. Luton Town have one of the best…and he’s a Blade

In that case, we have to be much smarter with recruitment, because we have to sign players that are completely under the radar of other clubs. How do we achieve that? Well, we mebbe have to get in a great data analyst. Luton Town have one of the best…and he’s a Blade
Totally agree

Brighton have been doing just that, as have Brentford. They then generate funds through sales of now polished 'rough diamonds'

They paid next to nothing for Cucurella and then sold him for £60m. That one sale has generated 3 x more than our entire budget this season.

Brighton have been doing just that, as have Brentford. They then generate funds through sales of now polished 'rough diamonds'

They paid next to nothing for Cucurella and then sold him for £60m. That one sale has generated 3 x more than our entire budget this season.
Thats not entirely true, Brighton paid £15m for Cucurella but I agree with you in principle. We need to identify these players before other clubs do.

I work with a lad who supports Everton and he was saying how annoying he finds it that they just waste money overpaying for players who signed for clubs12 months earlier for a fraction of what Everton then end up paying.

Look at Nunez Jonathan David could all have been blades

This aged well!

Back
Top Bottom