Freeman

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Our style of play last night wasn't right for Freeman or Stevens to be effective, saying that their overall performance wasn't up to their usual standards.

Think the criticism of Freeman last night is unfair.

We hardly saw Stevens either.

It was all down to how Wednesday set up and played.

Their entire philosophy was to stop our wing backs getting forward, followed by the centre backs to create overloads. It generally worked. Think we worked a couple in the 2nd half but very limited.

Credit (grudgingly) has to be given to Bruce's tactics - they worked.

The disappointment is that we didn't have tactics to deal with what the piggies did.

UTB

Think the criticism of Freeman last night is unfair.

We hardly saw Stevens either.

It was all down to how Wednesday set up and played.

Their entire philosophy was to stop our wing backs getting forward, followed by the centre backs to create overloads. It generally worked. Think we worked a couple in the 2nd half but very limited.

Credit (grudgingly) has to be given to Bruce's tactics - they worked.

The disappointment is that we didn't have tactics to deal with what the piggies did.

UTB
They worked if the extent of your ambition is to get a 0-0 at home in a derby match, when a win could have taken you close to the playoffs.

They worked if the extent of your ambition is to get a 0-0 at home in a derby match, when a win could have taken you close to the playoffs.

True - but they were waiting for the sort of chance that Hutchinson got. They wanted to win the game, but not by playing football and it very nearly worked.

The sad thing for me about Wednesday is that, as you wrote - the playoffs were in their sights, but were intent on not losing the game. The league still says they have a mathematical chance - in reality they are shocking poor at taking a game to the opposition as their results under Bruce have shown. In reality the pigs need 6 players minimum to have a decent side - and I wouldn't include Bannan/Hutchinson/Forestfairie in that list either. Wedneaday's centre mid is the start of what they need to change.

UTB

True - but they were waiting for the sort of chance that Hutchinson got. They wanted to win the game, but not by playing football and it very nearly worked.

The sad thing for me about Wednesday is that, as you wrote - the playoffs were in their sights, but were intent on not losing the game. The league still says they have a mathematical chance - in reality they are shocking poor at taking a game to the opposition as their results under Bruce have shown. In reality the pigs need 6 players minimum to have a decent side - and I wouldn't include Bannan/Hutchinson/Forestfairie in that list either. Wedneaday's centre mid is the start of what they need to change.

UTB
I didn’t really notice Forestieri. I was expecting a cross between Messi and Ronaldo. More like Auntie Bessie and Ronald MacDonald.

Exactly they were frightened to death of us. Eleven men behind the ball and running like nutters to close us down. This must be the Leeds influence. Expect to see more of it from other teams.

Exactly they were frightened to death of us. Eleven men behind the ball and running like nutters to close us down. This must be the Leeds influence. Expect to see more of it from other teams.

Derby did it early in the season and no one else has done it since.

Not everyone will be as fired up and determined as they were, Hutchinson looked like a rabid dog rather than a footballer, just running around and kicking people. When he was asked to score from 5 yards out by using actual footballing technique he failed.

Those that want to criticise Freeman need to ask themselves questions if they are suggesting Bash or Cranie can play there.
If that is the case then why does CW keep going back to Freeman and Baldock?
He (CW) last night had the chance to replace Freeman with Cranie. Ask yourself why he didn't especially with Duffy being available to do what Cranie came on to do? (Incidentally Cranie made a big difference when he came on in that roll).
As LoughboroBlade points out its not the fact that Freeman did some great things last night but the two balls he let get away that people want to remember, not the fact that ge creates space for himself and others. Take the Norwood cross for Madine for example.
The ball played in to Sharp with pace that got stuck under his feet, How many of you noticed that if that goes through attacker and defender then Freeman is free running in on goal.

Those that want to criticise Freeman need to ask themselves questions if they are suggesting Bash or Cranie can play there.
If that is the case then why does CW keep going back to Freeman and Baldock?
He (CW) last night had the chance to replace Freeman with Cranie. Ask yourself why he didn't especially with Duffy being available to do what Cranie came on to do? (Incidentally Cranie made a big difference when he came on in that roll).
As LoughboroBlade points out its not the fact that Freeman did some great things last night but the two balls he let get away that people want to remember, not the fact that ge creates space for himself and others. Take the Norwood cross for Madine for example.
The ball played in to Sharp with pace that got stuck under his feet, How many of you noticed that if that goes through attacker and defender then Freeman is free running in on goal.

The sooner George Baldock is back, the better. He’s a significantly better footballer than Freeman.

The sooner George Baldock is back, the better. He’s a significantly better footballer than Freeman.
The stats don't actually bear out your bold statement, although I can see why you think it. In my opinion, we need an upgrade on both for next season. (another bold statement). If we are to persist with wingbacks, we need a more productive version of Baldock, who is a fine athlete, by the way.

The stats don't actually bear out your bold statement, although I can see why you think it. In my opinion, we need an upgrade on both for next season. (another bold statement). If we are to persist with wingbacks, we need a more productive version of Baldock, who is a fine athlete, by the way.

More of a Bald statement, surely...

:)

I’d hardly one to be overly critical, do think Freeman looks leggy.

mikele-leigertwood-sheffield-united-picture-id662423410

Back
Top Bottom