Free Agents

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Bit of Danny Holla...

Boy can shoot. Two footed. Gets in the box. Takes pens and free kicks. Yet supposed to be a defensive midfielder? If he can defend as well then he'll be a good player.

Last edited:
Jose Baxter is still on a free.

Chris Wilder has just told the press we have options available in the free agent market. Sound promising (that we haven't seen the end of incomings).

We need another winger and Dean Cox has been released.

We need another winger and Dean Cox has been released.
I'd be concerned about why Orient have released him after the window has shut. High wages ? Refused to play ? legs have gone ? They got relegated and no one came in for him which would suggest the scouts across a lot of clubs in the lower leagues may know more about the player than we do .

Bit of Danny Holla...

Boy can shoot. Two footed. Gets in the box. Takes pens and free kicks. Yet supposed to be a defensive midfielder? If he can defend as well then he'll be a good player.

Acknowledging how misleading those videos can be, he does demonstrate excellent technique. Also displays a bit of arrogance (with his penalties) which we lack at the moment.

Is that the same league Higdon scored a million goals in?

Is there a reason why all these players haven't got clubs?

Too many players, not enough clubs, at least in the professional game. When you consider the number of youth players, squad players, those who are released by each club, and those players who have been out of the game and have no other worthwhile skills making them virtually unemployable, it's not that surprising that the game is awash with 2-legged beasties who seek the reward of a few grand each week, a la Marlon King, deadbeat, female-hating, not good enough for a top Sunday morning team in Graves Park........on the other hand, you then have players like the Welsh guy, Hal Robson-Kanu, released by Reading, now signed to West Brom. Shows just how easy it is for a decent player to get lost in the middle of this sea of unemployed players.

I would guess that it's a bit like us with Hammond and Woolford. Players that for whatever reason are not required by the club. Most of them on the list aren't players you would call 'useless' and could make a difference at a League 1 club, but I would think motivation would be an issue with some. I agree that despite his age Kevin Nolan would be a decent signing just for his experience. He is and always has been twice the player Hammond ever was.

I would guess that it's a bit like us with Hammond and Woolford. Players that for whatever reason are not required by the club. Most of them on the list aren't players you would call 'useless' and could make a difference at a League 1 club, but I would think motivation would be an issue with some. I agree that despite his age Kevin Nolan would be a decent signing just for his experience. He is and always has been twice the player Hammond ever was.
Didn't he player/manage Leyton Orient last season and got sacked after a couple of months?

I'd take Shelton back on the right terms. Pace is something we lack and he has it in abundance. One of the fastest players I've ever seen pull on the shirt (along with Littlejohn and Kabba). Erratic but could be a useful impact sub.

Dane, Luton Shelton doesn't seem to have had a club since 2015.

Whilst I like your thinking, that to me suggests that he's probably not the one we should be looking for.

Though I will give you Ched Evans on the inactivity front.

What about Danny Webber instead?

:D

Chris Wilder has just told the press we have options available in the free agent market. Sound promising (that we haven't seen the end of incomings).
Don't you worry a few mutually cancelled contracts and we will be up and running by tomorrow lunch time.

Can I tentatively claim ITK rights?

I'd take Shelton back on the right terms. Pace is something we lack and he has it in abundance. One of the fastest players I've ever seen pull on the shirt (along with Littlejohn and Kabba). Erratic but could be a useful impact sub.
Suggestions like this make me chuckle - when was the last time you saw him play, or even read about him playing?

Suggestions like this make me chuckle - when was the last time you saw him play, or even read about him playing?

The last thing I read about him was a few years back when Pep Guardiola cited him as Valarenga's danger man when the teams met in Europe.

I suppose I should have caveated it a bit by saying "if he's still got that lightening pace".

I'd be concerned about why Orient have released him after the window has shut. High wages ? Refused to play ? legs have gone ? They got relegated and no one came in for him which would suggest the scouts across a lot of clubs in the lower leagues may know more about the player than we do .
It's a mutual agreement, nothing to do with his legs. Their owners are mental.

The last thing I read about him was a few years back when Pep Guardiola cited him as Valarenga's danger man when the teams met in Europe.

I suppose I should have caveated it a bit by saying "if he's still got that lightening pace".

He's been earmarked as a potential signing for Atlanta United for their first MLS season (2017/18 season). He got rejected by Colorado Rapids in 2015 - seems to have been off the radar since.

Nolan was totally past it while he was still at West Ham.

Back
Top Bottom