Foul Throws

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Latters

Reaction score
Do they still play for them or what? The amount of what should be foul throws this season that haven’t been given is just ridiculous.

Why bother having the rule if they’re not going to bother with it? They’re pedantic enough about everything else that ruins the game, so why not this?

Do they still play for them or what? The amount of what should be foul throws this season that haven’t been given is just ridiculous.

Why bother having the rule if they’re not going to bother with it? They’re pedantic enough about everything else that ruins the game, so why not this?

I don’t think there’s been a week in about the last 5 or 6 I haven’t pointed out multiple examples to linesmen angrily :)

Couldn't agree more, we shout them out every game there are more gojl throws than legitimate ones some games. 😡

I’m glad someone has raised this. So many different ways of it too. One of theirs tonight both his feet were on the pitch.

Not only were there several foul throws in a technical sense, for one the bloke was stood several inches on the pitch.

Edit: Ha, snap diplomat !

Pinching at least 5 yards for each throw as well. Every team does it - so does that make it OK?

If you notice, linesman don’t even look at the player actually taking the throw in. The thrower could lift his foot or throw it with one hand or walk onto the pitch and they wouldn’t know.

They just seem to be preoccupied with the players on the pitch, which seems pointless, because they only see anything if the referee tells them they have.

Pretty much every time Alexander Arnold took a throw in, at least one foot was on the pitch. Like you say, it's pedantic but it's the rules, either enforce them or scrap them but come on, ignoring them every time just makes it an even bigger joke than it already is.

Pretty much every time Alexander Arnold took a throw in, at least one foot was on the pitch. Like you say, it's pedantic but it's the rules, either enforce them or scrap them but come on, ignoring them every time just makes it an even bigger joke than it already is.
You only need one heel touching the line ,but some of the throws are comedy gold . Refs don't bother with a fundamental rule of the game .

A few years back a group of us went to watch Hertha Berlin in the Bundesliga at the Olympic stadium. It was a great experience, but the main takeaway we had was the cultural differences to a couple of things that were driving us mad…

(1) Foul throws - almost every single one - it was wild

(2) Free kicks in own half - never taken from anywhere remotely near the right place

We kept shouting out about it as it was winding us up… until a local had a chat with us and said that the attitude there is “who cares - just get the game going again”.

They would only pull it up if an advantage occurred - which is basically never.

When we stopped and thought about it that just 100% makes sense. No advantage was being gained and the football started again ASAP.

I’ve not been bothered about it since. It’s quite a release to be honest.

I agree, been saying it for some time. Either scrap the rule or apply it!

Scrap the throw for me, never understood why you need it. Drop ball and kick back into touch would solve that, its not like outfield players need their hands.

I agree, been saying it for some time. Either scrap the rule or apply it!
If you scrap the rule how far onto the pitch can the thrower go before he is stopped ?
CouldJack get to the edge of their box and then launch it ?

Back
Top Bottom