Formation

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

jono_t2000

Reaction score
Seen some weird and wonderful interpretations of how we were set up today against Peterborough but after watching game for 2nd time pretty sure this is how we set up.

First half Osborn and MGW played fairly wide, but 2nd half got a little narrower and very much played as 3 central number 10s

Based on keeping that formation, be interesting to see what changes apart from Olsen and Davies we make.

lineup (1).png

Seen some weird and wonderful interpretations of how we were set up today against Peterborough but after watching game for 2nd time pretty sure this is how we set up.

First half Osborn and MGW played fairly wide, but 2nd half got a little narrower and very much played as 3 central number 10s

Based on keeping that formation, be interesting to see what changes apart from Olsen and Davies we make.

View attachment 120880
Sofascore the app will place players in a formation based on their average position in he game and this is the formation it had.

SlavisaBall. That is definitely how we set up.

Coming to a stadium near you 😀.

UTB

View attachment 120880
Yeah it was a 4-2-3-1 definitely berge could theoretically come in to the holding two as he played in and made his reputation playing in a double pivot in Belgium. He’ll need to move the ball quicker though as well as continuing his driving runs.

Got hammered for saying Berge dwells too much on the ball and will struggle with the pace of the Champ. Let’s hope he steps it up a notch, but I wouldn’t rush him back given yesterday’s performances.

I thought it was a sort of diamond with Ndiaye playing off Sharp. But I’ve been wrong before a couple of times.

It was interesting in the final warm up section before the game, you had Osborne crossing to sharp, MGW and Ndiaye from the left and Baldock from the right.

It seemed a bit lopsided but definitely worked a treat

I thought we played a 4-3-2-1 formation?

Yes was 4 2 3 1 and this suits the players we have, even those who didn’t play yesterday. The only one (except Burke who is a waste of a shirt in any formation) that doesn’t fit is Bash but he could still have a role from the bench if we need another deeper player coming on to protect a lead in place of one of the three

Back
Top Bottom