Football is dead

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Some people need to get a grip here. Its a real shame its not ended well as he and his team have undoubtedly given me the best time watching United in my 40 years (bassetts team pushed it but i was a youngster then). But lets be right, hes been wanting out for a while, some reports say it was nearly a parting of the ways in Jan, LMA been involved. In time we'll find out what the issue is etc.

The club carries on, at some point The Prince will sell up, managers and players come and go, we just keep on supporting them.

The biggest shame is last season getting interrupted, and supporters not going, as we really could have had something special then (top 6?? - only 2/3 wins from it) and realistically that is probably as good as it could get with the game as it is.

Anyway, wish him all the best, thanks for the good times, and as always up the blades

It's hard to accept but life will go on. The Blades will be playing championship football with a new manager and no doubt quite a few changes in players. I hope Wilder gets a top job with a club that appreciates him because he deserves it.

As daft as it sounds, I reckon if we hadn't got promoted but maybe got in the play-offs, not won them of course (we don't do that) and then challenged around top six Championship last season and this, Chris would still be our manager.

That's how stupid football is.

Football is dead. Football remains dead. And we have killed him. How shall we comfort ourselves, the murderers of all murderers? What was holiest and mightiest of all that the world has yet owned has bled to death under our knives: who will wipe this blood off us? What water is there for us to clean ourselves?

That's the type of response I expected

It’s the response your comment deserved.

I’ll go a bit further though, I never said Leicester would or should win the league again from the position they were in. However, I’m not sure what is so incorrect about me pointing out that they haven’t won it since they sacked Ranieri.

At some point he would leave, the club is bigger than one man.
Kudos for giving us some great memories etc but football/times moves on, no one lasts forever and with the way this season and the tail end of last have panned out I'm suprised he lasted so long, some of his signings and keeping lunny in the team/ stubborness etc have sealed his fate unfortunately.

Giving up because of a manager, as great as he has been is a bit silly.

Time to see who you get in and go from there, utd still exist and that's who I support.
I agree that the club is bigger than any one person; player; manager; coach; tea lady; director; etc.

However, there have been rumblings going on for weeks and weeks.

Wasn't it a few months ago that there were rumours swirling around but no news for days and then things, seemed to go back to normal.

What has actually been played out in the press over the last couple of weeks?

At some stage it would be great to hear what actually has been going on.

If it is all bout a DoF then what can CW really say in his defence?

But surely, there has to be a lot more than that? Surely?

Some people need to get a grip here. Its a real shame its not ended well as he and his team have undoubtedly given me the best time watching United in my 40 years (bassetts team pushed it but i was a youngster then). But lets be right, hes been wanting out for a while, some reports say it was nearly a parting of the ways in Jan, LMA been involved. In time we'll find out what the issue is etc.

The club carries on, at some point The Prince will sell up, managers and players come and go, we just keep on supporting them.

The biggest shame is last season getting interrupted, and supporters not going, as we really could have had something special then (top 6?? - only 2/3 wins from it) and realistically that is probably as good as it could get with the game as it is.

Anyway, wish him all the best, thanks for the good times, and as always up the blades
Well said.

At some point he would leave, the club is bigger than one man.
Kudos for giving us some great memories etc but football/times moves on, no one lasts forever and with the way this season and the tail end of last have panned out I'm suprised he lasted so long, some of his signings and keeping lunny in the team/ stubborness etc have sealed his fate unfortunately.

Giving up because of a manager, as great as he has been is a bit silly.

Time to see who you get in and go from there, utd still exist and that's who I support.
Yes United still exist. But for how long? I'm sure many will still support them, just not as enthusiasticly as before. I mean the Prince doesn't even "support" Sheffield United, at least financially.

How long before the Prince totally destroys the true identity of the club? Name change, change of colours, change of stadiums etc. This is the main reason I've found why fans support United, its not just the players or manager, its the little traditions and proud records we have. People are angry, so of course things are gonna get said from both sides of the argument about Wilder going.

The ONLY time I remember universal agreement of anything from United fans is when Robson was sacked. I can't see fans kicking off going down to the Lane right now cos most have been brainwashed into being scared of going out and getting a fine.

It's hard to accept but life will go on. The Blades will be playing championship football with a new manager and no doubt quite a few changes in players. I hope Wilder gets a top job with a club that appreciates him because he deserves it.

As daft as it sounds, I reckon if we hadn't got promoted but maybe got in the play-offs, not won them of course (we don't do that) and then challenged around top six Championship last season and this, Chris would still be our manager.

That's how stupid football is.
I also wish him well, the very, very best and I agree that it is a shame he is going.
However, I do not agree that he is unappreciated at the club - I am assuming you mean "appreciated by the powers that be".
He has been backed and given millions upon millions to spend. The Prince backed him last month and before that.
However, as has been suggested, it certainly looks as though he has been angling for this - a shame if it is true.

Yes United still exist. But for how long? I'm sure many will still support them, just not as enthusiasticly as before. I mean the Prince doesn't even "support" Sheffield United, at least financially.

How long before the Prince totally destroys the true identity of the club? Name change, change of colours, change of stadiums etc. This is the main reason I've found why fans support United, its not just the players or manager, its the little traditions and proud records we have. People are angry, so of course things are gonna get said from both sides of the argument about Wilder going.

The ONLY time I remember universal agreement of anything from United fans is when Robson was sacked. I can't see fans kicking off going down to the Lane right now cos most have been brainwashed into being scared of going out and getting a fine.
Has there ever been any suggestion that Prince Abdullah wants to change the name, kit, colours or stadium??

So just because he took us to 9th in the prem you think he should have the job for life?
No. I think he deserves a chance when this pandemic and injury list is over. By the way, I have been a blade for over 70 years and not seen much success. I think Warnock should have been given a year to try to put things right too.

No. I think he deserves a chance when this pandemic and injury list is over. By the way, I have been a blade for over 70 years and not seen much success. I think Warnock should have been given a year to try to put things right too.
I agree with you, I am a Wilder fan and I think we would've come back up quite easily, I think JOC has been a huge loss, as well as the fans.

But I'm also pragmatic enough to know that its just a game and sackings happen, even to guys like Wilder, and especially if they're not getting on with the board. I dont think the OP should stop going to games!

I'm only 43 years a Blade but hopefully we can see some more success before i reach 70!

All the best and UTB

That's football mate, it's a dark day but you'll get over it, hoefully when the next manager brings some success.
This is different though isn't it mate, if we're honest? This is about the integrity of the club, and how they treat one of our own and arguably, the most successful we've ever known.

When more is known, I'm expecting a significant backlash.

It’s over.
Can’t see me ever going to a United game again, or any for that matter.

Big slow clap to the board for the worst decision that has ever been made in the footballing world, if not the world in general. After they’ve thrown him under the bus this season. Useless

I’m out, it’s been a pleasure (mostly).
I don't disagree on football being dead.

I don't agree that the board have thrown him under the bus.... But if they have sacked him then its completely bizarre

This is different though isn't it mate, if we're honest? This is about the integrity of the club, and how they treat one of our own and arguably, the most successful we've ever known.

When more is known, I'm expecting a significant backlash.
Exactly unless and until facts to the contrary emerge, I will side with a guy who has Sheffield United in his DNA over a random rich guy who bought a plaything.

Ahh, you're one of those. Explains a lot.
Funny thing is I know what you mean by that.

But in all honesty, I take no offence. Its just words on a screen to me. I wouldn't necessarily do all the things I say, it's just an opinion, one of many varied and conflicting opinions I have.

It’s over.

Big slow clap to the board for the worst decision that has ever been made in the footballing world, if not the world in general. After they’ve thrown him under the bus this season. Useless

Give a rest. The show goes on, he wasnt going to be here forever neither will The Prince

Funny thing is I know what you mean by that.

But in all honesty, I take no offence. Its just words on a screen to me. I wouldn't necessarily do all the things I say, it's just an opinion, one of many varied and conflicting opinions I have.
Well, I didn't mean to cause offence. It's just obvious that someone who thinks that people who would decline being with a load of other people in the middle of a fucking pandemic are 'brainwashed' clearly has very strong, very clear and very ill-informed opinions that are based on fact about as much as the Transformers series of films are, so I can safely ignore what they have to say without worrying that I'll miss anything interesting, important or valid.

I adore Wilder. I want him to stay. I'm gutted he's gone.

But if you think one man is bigger than this club, then you're off your rocker.

Rinse and repeat for us as a football club.

It’s over.

And if it was Wilder's decision and not the board's ?

Fair enough, I disagree.

My proper football fan mates all hope they get beat most weeks for being classless in regards to Ranieri.
Not forgetting going into administration 2x. Set of thunderc#nts.

Back
Top Bottom