First trip to the Lane this season

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Excitement in our house this morning.
First trip to beautiful downtown Bramall lane, this season.
Still remember my first with my Dad, 59 years ago.
Still get that same tingle, after all these years.
Anyone else buzzing?
Yes mate that slightly cramped feeling in my stomach never goes away even after all these years. Season number 45 for me

COYRAWW’s

Anyone else buzzing?

I am but that's more down to dropping the hair dryer in the bath this morning.

Celebrating 50 years since I first attended. Back then it was a short walk from Bennett Street (albeit after Dad had driven from Matlock) seeing inside The Lane for the first time was breathtaking for the four year old me and it still grabs me even now for the first home game of the season.

Anyone else buzzing?
51 years for me - 200 mile round trip these days, but never miss.

Just texted my son, who is at Silverstone, from the boozer:-

“Hey it’s good to be back home again”!

Started going 1969/70,, first game won 3-0 against middlesbrough, we also beat millwall 3-1 that year so im going Again today 53 rd season and expecting another 3-1 win

Season 48 for me! Bloody hell that makes me feel old.

In Spain at the moment so watching it on sutv later. Have a fantastic day everyone and just enjoy that magical feeling of walking into the lane.

Oh and blast out a "come on you red and white wizaaaards" for me!😄

52 years since my first game at BTDBL, Oct 1970, a 3-1 win against Orient.
Love the place, so many memories.
Travel in from Stockport nowadays, setting off in half an hour.

Looking forward to a tense atmosphere outside the ground with middle aged men acting all hard and young wannabes giving it large 🤔🙄

Can't make it today, or for the first few months this season but can somebody let me know if the service for ale is any better than 1/10 on bottom the kop. It's a key factor of my matchday experience being able to enjoy a flat warm ale served at snails pace by 3 people who cannot understand simple instructions. Always winds me up every week.

Can't make it today, or for the first few months this season but can somebody let me know if the service for ale is any better than 1/10 on bottom the kop. It's a key factor of my matchday experience being able to enjoy a flat warm ale served at snails pace by 3 people who cannot understand simple instructions. Always winds me up every week.
Introduce yourself next time and ill spit in it as well

It's that blaze of green that hits you as you go into the stand. I remember my first game and the feeling never goes away.

Season 48 for me! Bloody hell that makes me feel old.

In Spain at the moment so watching it on sutv later. Have a fantastic day everyone and just enjoy that magical feeling of walking into the lane.

Oh and blast out a "come on you red and white wizaaaards" for me!😄
How come you haven't asked which local boozers are showing the game ??
Then we can present you with your " hey look at me I'm on holiday badge "

Started going 1969/70,, first game won 3-0 against middlesbrough, we also beat millwall 3-1 that year so im going Again today 53 rd season and expecting another 3-1 win
That was my first season as a regular as well.
Remember a few scuffles and fisticuffs and a lot of excitement when Woody and Currie were in their pomp. Great memories

Season 59 for me, still get goosebumps and get here early for the first game

Back
Top Bottom