Filip Uremovic

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Looks like he was allowed to join on a free after his club went down.

We could have handled him better i.e. he could have played a number of matches more and we could have built an affiliation to us.

At his age, on a free. That's very good. He'd have been a decent replacement for Egan, who we could potentially have then cashed in on.

People are blinded by there bias and attachment to player IMO

The few games Uremovic played he looked better than anything we have including Egan who plays well but has shown he has plenty of clangers in him IMO

If Hertha berlin wanted him anyway we would have had no chance anyway

Good move, can see why he wasn’t bothered about staying around!

People are blinded by there bias and attachment to player IMO

The few games Uremovic played he looked better than anything we have including Egan who plays well but has shown he has plenty of clangers in him IMO

If Hertha berlin wanted him anyway we would have had no chance anyway
Mate, he didn't look that good when he played. People only liked him because he showed passhun and played with a broken nose. Difficult to judge him coming straight in to a much quicker and high tempo league. I'm sure he's a good player but didn't show anything to suggest he'd have been better than Bash or Egan, in the short term at least.

The fact we didn’t play him I don’t get, like Fallowfield says, he looked better than what we have in the minutes he played.
The fact we haven’t signed him I do get, he wanted PL wages and HB can offer that. Plus they play at a higher level.

I thought he was good enough to play in the Premiership he would have got better as well but if the lad wants more money than what we can offer then who can blame him for going elsewhere

Didnt think he was that good for us. He was uncomfortable when he had the ball and the opponents found out he didnt like being high pressed
Agreed. Not saying he wouldn’t have adopted to our style in time, but I thought he struggled with it in the time he spent with us.

I liked him a lot and I would have liked to have made the deal permanent. At the very least, he'd have been an excellent utility man who would end up playing 20+ games in for Basham / Egan / Robinson.
I didn't think he was as bad on the ball as many have made out and think a lot of that was adjusting to the pace of the English game. Something that would have come in time.
His defensive play was exceptional. Read the game well. And he was hard as nails and loved the battle. Hard to come by those old school types these days.

He wasn't that good. If he had come from Preston or Stoke rather than Russia, people would have been saying as much. I also think that some of the criticism Egan gets is a little unfair. He's playing in the centre of a back three, not a back four. Consequently he has more space around him to cover than a central defender would normally have. Occasionally he will get done over. I think we have to accept that. Can't see how we could get anyone as good to do that withot spending loads of dosh. You only have to remember Jags's 'rabbit in the headlights' displays when asked to step in a couple of years ago to realise that......

It must all depend on where you are sat in the ground, because when I saw Uremovic, I thought he was fine and it looked like he dealt with Solanke pretty well.

At the end of the day, if he is on more money than our wage structure allows, then so be it.

Didn't he get subbed off at half time, then not get another minute on the pitch...? Or very similar.

That was the only game I didn't watch this season, but I read on here that he was having a shocker(?).

Overall he looked like he would definitely be a good defender at this level (at the very least). But I think/assumed it was an emergency deal suiting both parties - from day 1, he was unlikely to be a consideration for a long term deal, unless we'd won the playoffs perhaps.

Can't tell how good he is in just 3 games but he had one average game, one good one and one poor one.

Fully expect him to reach Mo Besic levels of hype and misremembering by the end of next season.
Good point, when's Besic signing?

He wasn't that good. If he had come from Preston or Stoke rather than Russia, people would have been saying as much. I also think that some of the criticism Egan gets is a little unfair. He's playing in the centre of a back three, not a back four. Consequently he has more space around him to cover than a central defender would normally have. Occasionally he will get done over. I think we have to accept that. Can't see how we could get anyone as good to do that withot spending loads of dosh. You only have to remember Jags's 'rabbit in the headlights' displays when asked to step in a couple of years ago to realise that......

You really do talk a lot of nonsense

What about Egan's clanger that cost us the play offs ultimately ? Bashams shirk of a tackle at the bar line for the first goal ?

Uremovic was miles better than any CB we had and heckingbottom not playing him shows he also doesn't have a scooby

You really do talk a lot of nonsense

What about Egan's clanger that cost us the play offs ultimately ? Bashams shirk of a tackle at the bar line for the first goal ?

Uremovic was miles better than any CB we had and heckingbottom not playing him shows he also doesn't have a scooby
Its you that talks utter shite - the bloke played 3 games and overall was average at best- he might well be a good player- but on the basis of what we have seen so far- final critical acclaim is not possible.

To say he is better than Egan who has proved time and time again how good he is- total twaddle. Yes he makes gaffs but so does every defender.

Saying that I wish Uri well he definitely was a trier.

Its you that talks utter shite - the bloke played 3 games and overall was average at best- he might well be a good player- but on the basis of what we have seen so far- final critical acclaim is not possible.

To say he is better than Egan who has proved time and time again how good he is- total twaddle. Yes he makes gaffs but so does every defender.

Saying that I wish Uri well he definitely was a trier.

Well he wasn't was he , he is a Croatian international and has just signed for one of the biggest teams in Germany so that suggest he is a very capable player

Egan is a good player , but he cost us the play offs that's a FACT

Egan is a good Centre back but he isn't very good because he has a mistake in him which is probably why premier league teams aren't majorly interested

Didn't he get subbed off at half time, then not get another minute on the pitch...? Or very similar.

That was the only game I didn't watch this season, but I read on here that he was having a shocker(?).
You obviously weren't watching with much attention when he almost scored the winner/missed a sitter, whilst bleeding from his head, with the last kick of the game against Bournemouth

You obviously weren't watching with much attention when he almost scored the winner/missed a sitter, whilst bleeding from his head, with the last kick of the game against Bournemouth
Which was before the Reading game, when he was dragged at half-time and didn't appear again as brownblade says

I thought he did well especially in the time he was here a very good defender playing in an unfamiliar system
He would have got better the more time he spent on the training ground learning our system and knowing what was expected of him

Back
Top Bottom