CONFIRMED Filip Uremovic signs

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

The Rubin Kazan ground has an official capacity of 45,105.

However their average attendance this season is currently 6,717
and believe it or not, they are one of the better supported clubs in the top flight. The 5th best supported club to be precise.

Zenit St Petersburg are by far the best supported club in Russia, currently averaging 15,131 The other Russian clubs average from 1000 to 8000. The average in the Russian top flight is currently a very low 5,013.Some of our non league clubs better that figure.

So it will be a culture shock playing in front of 28K most weeks at Bramall Lane. Bet he's loving it.
Be like cup finals for him playing at The Lane then,be very uplifting for him.

McCabe. If he was still here.
"I fully support what's going on in Ukraine.. In the best possible way for myself".
This is backed up by us signing this player and delivering his family to safety..I'm putting him up in one of my flats, which you too can live in, when I finally build them, behind the kop..Ok he's not ukrainian, it it's the though that counts though".

Anyone know how we've pulled this one off?

Very leftfield for us and outside our usual scouting network.

Without seeing him play this seems a very astute bit of business.

We are Sheff United, they call us the Blades
We've got Billy Sharp, he's a legend down the Lane
Uremovic and Robinson, overlapping down the wings
Berge, Coulibaly and Norwood, with his ****ing ping...

Nice to see us being proactive

Are their any 20 goal strikers currently playing in the Russian top division?
Apparently there's one with 3 testicles.........oojanickabollockov

Teams on the Pacific Coast like vladivostok often have 6000 mile trips to teams in European Russia. Definitely a long time to be sat on a coach with a bag of opal fruits and an old copy of Razzle.

Rubin Kazan is 12 hours east of Moscow, a long way in land getting towards the border with Kazakhstan.

Imagine
Rubin Kazan is 12 hours east of Moscow, a long way in land getting towards the border with Kazakhstan.

According to google a flight from Moscow to Kazan is 1 hour 30 minutes
but as you say it's east of Moscow heading towards Asia, not that far from Kazakhstan
However that's a stroll in the park compared to playing for a Vladivostok team.

Vladivostok is in Russian but that city is basically on the other side of the world just across the water from Japan. In fact historically Russians have complained about the location of Vladivostok suggesting this club should ask to play in the Japanese football league.

Imagine being a supporter of a Vladivostok team.
if they were in the top flight then EVERY single away match is a 8 to 9 hour flight to play other Russian teams.

Imagine

According to google a flight from Moscow to Kazan is 1 hour 30 minutes
but as you say it's east of Moscow heading towards Asia, not that far from Kazakhstan
However that's a stroll in the park compared to playing for a Vladivostok team.

Vladivostok is in Russian but that city is basically on the other side of the world just across the water from Japan. In fact historically Russians have complained about the location of Vladivostok suggesting this club should ask to play in the Japanese football league.

Imagine being a supporter of a Vladivostok team.
if they were in the top flight then EVERY single away match is a 8 to 9 hour flight to play other Russian teams.

Apologies, I meant driving.

Sorry. Couldn't resist. I've drawn a number of "your condescending" critical comments recently. So, I'm playing up to those.
For the avoidance of doubt...
I did write an Artificial Intelligence application in '86
I did miss the '86 World Cup to complete that
Despite their limitations, I think the range of GBE Calculators are super & informative.
I had absolutely no hand in working on any of them.
The Carrier Bag Firm remains proudly un-monetised. 🤓

I will point out that those two GBE Calculators agree on Filip's overall 24 points. But disagree on the composition. Again emphasising the difficulty of GBE calculation. It's also worth noting just how weighted the points are to International Appearances for a higher ranked team - 10 or 9 points depending on which Calculator you choose.
That demonstrates how difficult it would be for a club like ours to scout, recruit & develop under the radar polish them & they'll be diamonds players. The GBE points are designed to scoop up players who are ALREADY internationals.

I'm guessing he can cover Egan as well as Basham so it may be that Goode and this new lad cover both options. Hecky said that he didn't think Goode's injury was going to rule him out for the end of the season - I think!

And I'm thinking that if Goode / Basham can get fit in the next 2/3 weeks the lad can replace Egan, who has been absolutely terrible all season ..... apart from a couple of games where he was just poor :rolleyes:

UTB & FTP

Teams on the Pacific Coast like vladivostok often have 6000 mile trips to teams in European Russia. Definitely a long time to be sat on a coach with a bag of opal fruits and an old copy of Razzle.
6,000 fking miles !!!! Kin ell I’ll bet their academy lads are ready to retire by the time they get to European Russia.

Back
Top Bottom