Fascinating Personality Analysis of Wilder

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

beatific blade

Reaction score
I posted this in shoutbox but felt it deserves a slot.

Incredibly interesting personality analysis of Wilder’s capabilities and how this could help the Blades when applied to a relegation battle.

We’re almost certainly going down without further “snookers” for Forest/Everton, but nonetheless I found this such as interesting read.

I genuinely think if we can get three points this weekend with a Brentford style performance and then strengthen key areas before the window shuts we could go on a decent run but it means everything falling into place and the team playing to its absolute maximum week in week out and new signings slotting in and Improving us to turn enough to turn narrow defeats into wins
Need to take the fans with the team too which hadn't happened this season but hopefully will if given something to get behind

I posted this in shoutbox but felt it deserves a slot.

Incredibly interesting personality analysis of Wilder’s capabilities and how this could help the Blades when applied to a relegation battle.

We’re almost certainly going down without further “snookers” for Forest/Everton, but nonetheless I found this such as interesting read.

Great read.Fair summary to bring rays of hope and I didn't reckon Wilder's second coming a sensible choice.
Have to admit my mind is already changed even if we don't survive.
He does get under your skin and not many do that in an endearing manner.🤔👍

It's an interesting read but I am not sure we saw much of this the last time we were in a dog fight with him. The Chaos over Control part especially, in fact we saw the opposite in my opinion.

Let's see what happens.

If we'd held on for wins against Villa and Luton (which was a complete freak turnaround), we'd have achieved 1.5 per games under Wilder already in a difficult run of fixtures, and only actually need 1.2 points per game from now on to hit 36 points.

It's probably beyond us now, but I think if that had happened, we'd all actually be sat here now thinking that Wilder will save us.

Football and fine margins.

If we'd held on for wins against Villa and Luton (which was a complete freak turnaround), we'd have achieved 1.5 per games under Wilder already in a difficult run of fixtures, and only actually need 1.2 points per game from now on to hit 36 points.

It's probably beyond us now, but I think if that had happened, we'd all actually be sat here now thinking that Wilder will save us.

Football and fine margins.
A decent keeper in those games and we would have

A decent read,I think we need to at first create damage limitation as well as start planning for next season it would be the first time in 3-4 seasons that we would be forward planning, maybe just maybe this season could do us a favour and we can do a full rebuild obviously with Championship players (he’s not good with Premiership ones)

Fascinating from the point of view of how could someone get his personality analysis so wrong, the article is complete and utter bollocks, stopped reading at this bit:

"The last thing you want in a relegation battle is a manager who knows only one way and likes everything to go his way.

When I say a manager like Wilder is chaos over control, it doesn’t mean he invites or creates chaos necessarily. It means he is comfortable with it.

Throw whatever curveballs you like in his direction and his feathers remain completely unruffled."

During our relegation season and his spells at Watford and boro, Wilder was the complete opposite of the above description.

Not just Wilder, but many managers are very good at taking pressure off the squad with public statements and perhaps also giving other sides a false sense of security. We know that every season in most leagues the bottom 6 can change dramatically especially when sides have a bad run and react by making managerial changes. This can bring sides into the relegation battle as well as helping other sides spring out. Same applies to panic buys in Jan, which can also change the bottom part of the table as some clubs climb out.

But what a manager says publicly, especially a new manager can be very different to what happens behind closed doors

Wilder has shown the siege mentality before and he’s also challenged his side to push on when confidence and focus needs to be maintained

I’m guessing that Wilder is telling the squad that they can do it, he’s perhaps challenging fringe players to push on and make shirts there’s. All of which can provide a healthy atmosphere as we have an “us against the world” mentality, the underdogs…

Means fuck all if we don’t pick up some points consistently though

We are not technically down yet. And not even just mathematically.
There are technically enough actual winning games left in a way.

However we are running out of games and the room for slip ups is really down to very little.

But it's a take each game as it comes. Tomorrow is a match to absolutely target a win. And if we have any super slim chance it's got to be really.

But whatever happens there is always something to play for and wilder will instill that in them. Hopefully to perform the unthinkable, but even if not to keep them going right to the end.

When you’re bottom of the league, don’t expect to roll the dice once, with one idea, and get out of trouble.

You have to play around, test-iterate and discard what doesn't work.

Last time we went down he wasn’t keen to roll the dice. Already he’s torn up Hecky’s preferred setup this time.

But I guess it’s much easier to change someone else’s method than your own.

Last edited:

It might help if we stopped having posters coming out with that incredibly thought provoking statement..... 'but we're definitely going down', as if they are the first ones to have come up with that thought.

Bassett must have been hitting 5 out of 5 long before this type of stuff was even thought about.

Everybody cross everything and think positive thoughts!!

Interesting read but also very subjective.

As always, things like this should always be taken with a huge pinch of salt.

One of Benjamin Bloom's key measures for whether a team will be promoted is to consider the length of time a squad has ben together and building relationships and understanding. That's what got us to where it did in the Wilder years. Great while it was in the ascendency, shocking once we lost a couple of key players, JOC being the main one. We did the worst thing possible by deconstructing our team with the 2 sales and unfortunate injuries.

I'm not sure there's been or will be enough time for an improvement in that level of cohesion to see a major turn round this season, or even if there will be next season to have a realistic go at promotion from the off.
Time will tell.

The person who created this contradicts himself. You are on either side of the coin.....but then Wilder knows when to use emotion and when to have ice in his veins. But the bigger problem here is unless Wilder has sat down and gone through an assessment the conclusions are not in anyway accurate. Pissing all over Myers Briggs it is not. Each assessment has a certain amount of validity. None can tell you accurately how a person will react in certain situations.

Actions and behaviours are a result of context, situation, personality and experience. Context...the task, team unity, team ability, club structure and budget etc. Situation....where we are now and the target to be achieved.....the performance gap to be closed. Personality..isn't a simple equation.....especially when combined with experience and national culture and organisational culture. Your mood on the day also plays a part.

My own view on this is that we quite obviously shouldn’t take Mike’s conclusions as fundamentally and unquestionably “correct”.

But his perspective is very interesting, and I do think large parts of this do resonate.

I think for all his ‘straight-talking, no-nonsense’ persona, it seems to me that CW is a far more complex person than some people make him out to be.

I suspect he is highly emotionally intelligent and had a strong capability to be empathetic and plug into the heads of his people. But at the same time he can be a man of action and take decisions with conviction, no dithering.

Of course members of this forum will know him very well and it would be interesting to know how much of this they think is total bollocks 🤣

Agree with non of it .
Shankly, stein, fergusson , cloughie.
At the blades Bassett, warnock , wilder .
All successful in own ways by authoritie.
Play for me or fuk off . !
Tip - tap managers like at man City or Liverpool can get away with it due to expenditure .
My ex had a druggie son , she tried to buy him as she said he will change)) he got worse coz in his head he was mummy's boy aged 20 fukt up on drugs trouble every night with coppers , gangs, knifes , abuse..
He was still her son ...instead of correcting she accepted he's a cunt.

Anyone catch his interview this morning on five live with Colin Murray? Caught some of it. I enjoyed it very relaxed and mutual respect between the two. He does interview well and was very respectful towards the squad he inherited albeit many were his signings. Not a dig at Becky but it felt right Wilder talking about the Blades. Think the full interview will be on the BBC sounds worth a listen in my opinion

UTB

Everybody cross everything and think positive thoughts!!
Nothing but 3 points helps today. The entire fan base before we even stepped foot in the PL said we were going to be humiliated and relegated before Christmas but somehow they seem bitter and disappointed what they predicted came true. I guess this is how the "End is nigh"sters would feel if the apocalypse actually happened when they said it would

"Oh fuck me, I was right as well. Bastard"

The club as a whole need a positive, the elation around the fans could be heard from Deven when Wilder clocked his first 3 points. 3 points today would be immense for the club as a whole

Lol. We will get beaten most matches because we have no quality at all.

Wilder won’t change anything bar a bit more umph.

Ive said were going to need a rebuild for the next 2 season then we go again

Back
Top Bottom