Fans back in Grounds in Jeopardy?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Long sensible post but hospital ICU lists say the flu killed very few and the government were manipulating the figures, read up on it. The 50,000 deaths from week 40 2017 to week 15 2018 were excess deaths not flu deaths.
I’ve not seen the 50,000 figure but the annual influenza report (52 pages😩) says 27142 deaths in England and the peak was around 400 per day.
I’m not disputing the ICU figures but many wouldn’t have made it that far I wouldn’t have thought.
There’s a section about outbreaks in care homes So I’m guessing that’s where a lot of the deaths come from.

Boris really can't win, damned if he opens up damned if he doesn't. The clowns on the opposition benches bitch and moan but don't come up with any solutions.
I think we are going to have to learn to live with Covid and get your vaccine once a year much like the vulnerable do with the flu jab.
As far as I was aware it was down to the elected government (Boris) to govern and come up with solutions not the opposition.

Boris really can't win, damned if he opens up damned if he doesn't. The clowns on the opposition benches bitch and moan but don't come up with any solutions.
I think we are going to have to learn to live with Covid and get your vaccine once a year much like the vulnerable do with the flu jab.
if he had listened to the advice by the 'clowns on the opposition bench' when it first became an issue he would have increased testing especially within the NHS, stopped non essential air travel, punished Cummings properly instead of ignoring it leading the usual mouth bretahers to ignore the official advice, purchased adequate PPE equipment and ventilators rather than doing back mates rates deals for PPE, instigated a proper working track and trace app, stopped the ludicrous eat out to help out which increased infection which cause dthe second lockdown, stopped air travel from India when it was clear India had a larger problem than pakistan that was shut down 3 weeks earlier.

fuck Boris i hope he is damned for eternity he has 100,000+ deaths on his hands

Good to know you've done ok. I'm quoting what the surgeon has recently told me. I also know someone that's been having physio for a neuro disease to help them try to walk as they're losing the ability and will soon need to permanently use a wheelchair. it's had to stop because the physios are having to work with recovering covid patients. Staff also having to isolate so shortages and cancellations.
Agree or not, this is affecting the nhs for non covid issues.

Shouldn't be throwing away all measures, we can live with it and still have fewer cases by keeping a few simple measures. Hospitals can still then function with less pressure on staff and services. But no, Boris knows best and after all it's only a 150,000 lives lost so far.

UTB
FTBJ

a) Cases are not ill people

b) There's a reason for that

The sooner we stop treating a 'case' as "holy shit another covid patient" the better. It doesn't help. It skews numbers. It skews government policy. It skews the fear in the people.

The tests are proven to be bollocks for a start. And to be honest, that's where it should end.

People arriving in England from France will still have to quarantine after July 19, even if they are fully vaccinated.
-
That, right there, is pure trust in the vaccine. Can anybody seriously make any sense of that? France isn't even on the red list, so what they've done is invent an entire new criteria. When does this stop? They're drunk on power ffs.

Don't think we will ever go back to lockdowns as they were. Herd immunity will see to that.

Anti vaxxers and dilly dalliers (sp) I think will also change their mind if they catch a bad dose of it. They won't want it again so will fall in to line like us sheep have. Can see us hitting herd immunity by the end of the year one way or another.

Large venue events will aide herd immunity so they are part of the plan and are likely to stay.
A new variant comes along where is your herd immunity then…vaccines with yearly booster is the only way out of this so everyone should of had two shots before any unlock
The herd immunity way will result in hundreds of thousands isolating and economy damage more severe.
Get everyone jabbed first with two shots then a controlled unlock NOT a free for all as too many idiots around

Last edited:
Learn to live with COVID = We’re All Going to Catch It (but hopefully not too many of us will die from it or we’re fucked)

Maybe this has been pointed out elsewhere on the forum, but here goes.

Almost without exception, from the start, vaccination started with the elderly and vulnerable, with priority, correctly given to front line medical staff.

The UK programme started early, back in December 2020.

Many studies have shown significant death rates in these groups, and the high rates of death have occurred in these groups even if they were vaccinated. Logic dictates that a vaccinated 70 year old with co-morbidities are more likely to die, or suffer the worst effects of the virus.

Front line hospital staff have been put at risk by simple virtue of their jobs, facing Covid-19 on a daily basis. This group faces greater risk in poorer countries, where PPE is not of a high standard, or it has to be re-used due to shortages.

It seems likely that these groups would have received the vaccines around 6 months ago. Vaccine efficacy decreases over time, increasing the vulnerability of these groups. Thus the death rates are likely to increase over time, due to vulnerability, (the old and sick) and those who were given the vaccine early in the programme.

Remember that all vaccines help the individual to avoid serious illness and death, but people can remain infectious, and they do not give 100% protection against death.
Cases do exist among younger age groups, but these are statistically less significant, and may be exacerbated by other factors.

Im sure the government is aware of this and while the lockdown is eased in UK, people will continue to die. The majority will be in the elderly and vulnerable category, vaccinated or not.

A new variant comes along where is your herd immunity then…vaccines with yearly booster is the only way out of this so everyone should of had two shots before any unlock
The herd immunity way will result in hundreds of thousands isolating and economy damage more severe.
Get everyone jabbed first with two shots then a controlled unlock NOT a free for all as too many idiots around
Agreed except I would suggest that a booster is needed every 6 months, at least while the virus remains rampant globally, and mutations continue to grow.At some point, the economy will have to take priority over medical conditions. That is a sad state of affairs, but remains true nonetheless.

I highly doubt that.

In Berlin, I have personally had a test every single day for the last 3 months. As has everyone I know. You need to provide a negative test from the last 24 hours or you aren’t allowed to enter a bar, restaurant, gym, cinema, anything. It’s either that or 14 days after both jabs, and as everyone in the UK is eager to point out, our vaccination numbers are nowhere near the UK’s so everyone is still going ahead with the daily test for the most part. The system has worked really well, as it’s basically enforced a mandatory daily testing rule without actually making it mandatory, just a ‘if you want any kind of life you will get a test every day.’ How often do you test in the UK? Like, speaking to my mum and brother, my mum has had one test in 18 months for something to do with work and my brother took a test when he had symptoms. That’s it.

The system has worked really well over here, as the advice from the WHO from day one was TEST TEST TEST. Pinpoint the virus and stamp it out. That’s what China did, taking temperatures of everyone going in and out of supermarkets etc within a couple of months of the virus. They were able to pinpoint to the block of flats where the outbreaks were coming from. It’s the same here. 3 or 4 positive tests on your street? Everyone in the local area gets to the front of the queue for the vaccine.

With that in mind, and the amount of testing going on, I think Germany is on around 500 cases per day, with England on 48,000. This is the disparity here. I’m not sure people in the UK realise just how bad it is compared to everyone else.

If you recall, the June 21st reopening was put back because ‘the numbers are too worrying’, yet now the numbers are 5x what they were, the message is ‘we see nothing in the numbers to delay the July 19th reopening’. I really would like someone to explain that to me. If it’s herd immunity, fair enough. I don’t necessarily agree with it but at least he would have, for once, had the bollocks to look down the camera and tell everyone what he’s actually doing instead of just saying whatever plays well with the public as a PR stunt. If it’s herd immunity, I would ask what the fuck the point has been of locking the country down for the last 15 months. Think of all the job losses, businesses lost, people becoming homeless, all for them to turn round and just give up on it. Seems mental to me.

I really want my friends and family to be able to visit me over here, but at the same time, if it means people from Plague Island bringing the Tory variant over here, we are fucked because I guarantee you, if our numbers reach 1/4 of England’s Merkel will lock us down again, there will be no ‘freedom day’ for us.
I think the source for the testing figure is Our world in data, who have been tracking all things Covid

According to their stats - germany recorded 84,000 tests on 11th july, the UK recorded 1.1m on the same day.

From what you write, it sounds like we are recording things differently. The opening up is a pretty big gamble on the part of the Government, but so far it's reasonably popular. Time will tell

This is an important point. Getting vaccinated stops the virus spreading, to a degree. Getting two jabs to a greater degree.

If everyone had two jabs the virus would NOT be rife. You could still catch it if still in the community but it would eventually (statistically) die out.

That's why getting vaccinated is so important. If 25% of the population don't get vaccinated and we open everything up then the virus will spread wildly (and possibly mutate) within this group. When the virus encounters a double-jabbed person the chance of them both catching it and spreading it significantly reduces.

The more people vaccinated the more difficult it will be for it to spread.
It would die out only when the rest of the world is vaccinated sadly poorer countries are years away from that

People arriving in England from France will still have to quarantine after July 19, even if they are fully vaccinated.
-
That, right there, is pure trust in the vaccine. Can anybody seriously make any sense of that? France isn't even on the red list, so what they've done is invent an entire new criteria. When does this stop? They're drunk on power ffs.
Because even vaccinated you can still be infected and it’s to control the South African variant which is a risk from people entering from France

I'm surprised the 19th is still going ahead, I think after that there will be no turning back as the govt know no one will comply if they introduce another lockdown.

I do know of 2 people that have been double jabbed that have managed to catch it (with symptoms).
That’s a bit worrying. How long was it from receiving the second dose to becoming infected ?

Because even vaccinated you can still be infected and it’s to control the South African variant which is a risk from people entering from France
Yet the Beta variant doesn’t seem that wide spread in France, not a concern, all the news here ( France), is concerning the Delta variant. The UK govt has announced we’ll have to quarantine for 10 days returning to the UK. We were worried that we’d be require to go into a hotel and fork out £ 2,000.

Good to know you've done ok. I'm quoting what the surgeon has recently told me. I also know someone that's been having physio for a neuro disease to help them try to walk as they're losing the ability and will soon need to permanently use a wheelchair. it's had to stop because the physios are having to work with recovering covid patients. Staff also having to isolate so shortages and cancellations.
Agree or not, this is affecting the nhs for non covid issues.

Shouldn't be throwing away all measures, we can live with it and still have fewer cases by keeping a few simple measures. Hospitals can still then function with less pressure on staff and services. But no, Boris knows best and after all it's only a 150,000 lives lost so far.

UTB
FTBJ
I think the rationale behind what’s happening is much the same as eat out to help out and the break for Christmas. It feels very much like we’re being given the summer and then some measures will come back in. Very noticeable that the word irreversible has been dropped from all the press statements.

The NHS will also need massive short term support and a well thought out and funded medium and long term vision to get it back on a footing where it can service the nation. I have a nagging feeling the privatisation will be on the cards.

Yet the Beta variant doesn’t seem that wide spread in France, not a concern, all the news here ( France), is concerning the Delta variant. The UK govt has announced we’ll have to quarantine for 10 days returning to the UK. We were worried that we’d be require to go into a hotel and fork out £ 2,000.
Anyone planning on foreign holidays this year needs to give their heads a shake.

Maybe this has been pointed out elsewhere on the forum, but here goes.

Almost without exception, from the start, vaccination started with the elderly and vulnerable, with priority, correctly given to front line medical staff.

The UK programme started early, back in December 2020.

Many studies have shown significant death rates in these groups, and the high rates of death have occurred in these groups even if they were vaccinated. Logic dictates that a vaccinated 70 year old with co-morbidities are more likely to die, or suffer the worst effects of the virus.

Front line hospital staff have been put at risk by simple virtue of their jobs, facing Covid-19 on a daily basis. This group faces greater risk in poorer countries, where PPE is not of a high standard, or it has to be re-used due to shortages.

It seems likely that these groups would have received the vaccines around 6 months ago. Vaccine efficacy decreases over time, increasing the vulnerability of these groups. Thus the death rates are likely to increase over time, due to vulnerability, (the old and sick) and those who were given the vaccine early in the programme.

Remember that all vaccines help the individual to avoid serious illness and death, but people can remain infectious, and they do not give 100% protection against death.
Cases do exist among younger age groups, but these are statistically less significant, and may be exacerbated by other factors.

Im sure the government is aware of this and while the lockdown is eased in UK, people will continue to die. The majority will be in the elderly and vulnerable category, vaccinated or not.

Well aren't you the bringer of such good news !!!

Boris is a self serving cunt
He and Hancock have blood on their hands
It amazes me that some people still think he’s great. He’s always been a cunt, who’s main focus was, is and always will be himself. When he was a minor MP then mayor of London he was amusing but a cunt nonetheless. Now he’s Chief Cunt, and some people still think he’s doing a good job.

I'm not going to get into all the politics of it all on here. I am REALLY excited to go to the lane for the first game of the season. I'm double jabbed, but in honesty, I will probably wear a mask in a crowd situation. Not looking to pick fights with others who won't, it's just my choice. I REALLY hope that we don't get any more lockdowns that will prevent this happening.

Back
Top Bottom