Fans back in Grounds in Jeopardy?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

This is going to turn into one of those shouty politics/Covid threads but here we go.

Get the feeling the policy is now a pursuit of herd immunity. The vaccine is available to all adults and if they choose to not get it then that’s on them so with cases surging the majority of the hospital admissions seem to be people who have either had one jab or none.

looking at the latest two games at Wembley, the fact that numbers are expanding fast. Saw yesterday we are now No01 in the world re daily cases and the fact the government pressed ahead with easing of restrictions I can see the opposite of games being in jeopardy and more likely gatherings will be encouraged.

The level of compliance with another tightening of restrictions and worst still another lockdown will be very very low going forward I think. It would be the so called straw that broke the camels back..

That’s my take anyway

I'm surprised the 19th is still going ahead, I think after that there will be no turning back as the govt know no one will comply if they introduce another lockdown.

I do know of 2 people that have been double jabbed that have managed to catch it (with symptoms).

I'm surprised the 19th is still going ahead, I think after that there will be no turning back as the govt know no one will comply if they introduce another lockdown.

I do know of 2 people that have been double jabbed that have managed to catch it (with symptoms).
The vaccine isn't to stop you getting it or to stop symptoms. It may help in that but it's primarily to stop serious illness.

I’m the same mate, 5 pals went to watch Euro final in pub and 2 of them are positive after being double jabbed.

The Dutch reopened but have had to backtrack. Israel got rid of everything but then brought masks back.

A double jab only gives you protection,not immunity.

I am going the other way regarding mask's,so from Monday the Govt says its a free for all,i'm going to get myself an FFP3 i want maximum protection now seeing as it will be ok for people stand close to me and breathe their breath on me.

FFP3 or FFP2

I am going the other way regarding mask's,so from Monday the Govt says its a free for all,i'm going to get myself an FFP3 i want maximum protection now seeing as it will be ok for people stand close to me and breathe their breath on me.

FFP3 or FFP2

One of these bad boys?!images.jpeg-3.jpg

Heard of loads now testing positive following the Euro semis and final, some not jabbed, some single and some double but as they say a jab doesn't stop you catching it. Quite obvious the push at the moment is for the young adults to be jabbed, hence why the media is now broadcasting scenes of twenty-somethings in Hospital wards, (although two of those interviewed this week have since been identified as Actors....lol...)....

Don't think they will back-track personally but I think it is inevitable that to get into any large scale event, sporting, music or otherwise, that it will be a legal requirement to have a Covid passport showing you have been double jabbed......no passport, no attending.

Heard of loads now testing positive following the Euro semis and final, some not jabbed, some single and some double but as they say a jab doesn't stop you catching it. Quite obvious the push at the moment is for the young adults to be jabbed, hence why the media is now broadcasting scenes of twenty-somethings in Hospital wards, (although two of those interviewed this week have since been identified as Actors....lol...)....

Don't think they will back-track personally but I think it is inevitable that to get into any large scale event, sporting, music or otherwise, that it will be a legal requirement to have a Covid passport showing you have been double jabbed......no passport, no attending.
The Sporting Events this Summer have not required proof of a double jab. It's true that proof of a double jab was one way of being admitted. But, only one way....
A recent negative home administered lateral flow test
or
Natural Immunity from a recent episode of Covid
Were also acceptable and widely used as proof

FFP3 or FFP2
A recent study in the UK showed that FFP3 masks reduce risk of transmission to virtually zero. You need to remember that the study looked at health workers who were fit tested to wear a specific type of mask (to ensure that it fits face shape and is essentially air tight). Also remember that they are tight fitting and do restrict breathing so they aren’t ideal for anyone who already has breathing problems.

I reckon we will get two maybe three home games in before some form of restrictions come back in, i don’t think it will be a full Lockdown initially more mass gatherings restricted and indoor hospitality closed for the Autumn..may be capacity capped at 10k at the Lane,

Sometime in November, December, January is when a full lockdown will be brought back in.

They won't admin it, but I suspect they're now going for herd immunity. If true, there will be no further lockdowns, no matter how bad it gets (unless people who've had jabs start to also get sick). Those most in danger have had their chance for jabs.

Unfortunately there's a massive difference in the willingness to have the jab based on ethnicity, but what can you do? People are exercising free-will. You can lead a horse to water ...

We need to start to return to some sort of normality, before this becomes normality.

This is going to turn into one of those shouty politics/Covid threads but here we go.

Get the feeling the policy is now a pursuit of herd immunity. The vaccine is available to all adults and if they choose to not get it then that’s on them so with cases surging the majority of the hospital admissions seem to be people who have either had one jab or none.

looking at the latest two games at Wembley, the fact that numbers are expanding fast. Saw yesterday we are now No01 in the world re daily cases and the fact the government pressed ahead with easing of restrictions I can see the opposite of games being in jeopardy and more likely gatherings will be encouraged.

The level of compliance with another tightening of restrictions and worst still another lockdown will be very very low going forward I think. It would be the so called straw that broke the camels back..

That’s my take anyway
🤞🤞

What would be the point in going back into lockdown?

Even though the vaccine can't prevent you catching it/being immune to it, you won't suffer the symptoms to the extent you would have (except for a very tiny proportion of the population) before the vaccine.

Cases rising is to be expected when gradually coming out of a lockdown, they are going to go back up and it can't be avoided. To come out of lockdown has got to happen at some point so it may as well be now.

I think we will be back in lockdown by September.

The question is if lockdowns are based on infections then it will never end.
We will be in lockdown for many years, maybe even decades.
Remember even if 100% of the population was vaccinated…the virus would still be rife when unlocking.
I thought the focus from the government was supposed to be about deaths and hospitalisations not infections.
How come when deaths reduced to almost nil….it became about infections and now the mass hysteria regards positive tests has snowballed.

One of the reasons why infections are so high is because we are testing so many people.
I heard a stat on the radio saying the UK does 10 times more testing than Germany and currently does more testing than the rest of the EU put together.

Don’t like how the government seem to be promoting division and fear. Why would they do this?
I still can‘t get over Matt Hancock announcing children might be going home to kill granny…that is psychological violence.
He’s a clever man who chooses his words carefully…so knew the implications of his words.
Our children have been mistreated causing untold damage during the past year. Hard to believe,

Last edited:
Was talking to my sister last weekend (semi retired nusre, still doing vaccinating in derby along with her daughter), she was telling me that about 1% of those who have had two jabs are re-catching it, and those with 1 jab it's about 5%, at the moment.

Was talking to my sister last weekend (semi retired nusre, still doing vaccinating in derby along with her daughter), she was telling me that about 1% of those who have had two jabs are re-catching it, and those with 1 jab it's about 5%, at the moment.

I know 3 people that have been double jabbed and recently tested positive.
2 have no symptomss and 1 is slightly ill but OK. They are all quite elderly (50’s and 60’s).

There’s a contradiction in logic.
If the main statistic is infections then why are double vaxxer people or anyone with vaccine passports being allowed in large crowd events.
Being double vaxxed means you can still catch covid and pass it on, so you are still a danger to others regards spreading the virus.
If the priority is to restrict infections then surely double vaxxed people should also be forced to be tested every time they go a sports event.

Back
Top Bottom