Familiar face takes on Supporter Liaison role

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

He needs to do all the above (forums and supporter groups are vital) but it's crucial he reaches out to hear the whole range of opinions from the fans whether they are part timers like me or ST holders and away Blades or even lapsed fans who don't go any more.

I agree with this. It's important to keep the fans who are filling the coffers happy, but they need to reach out a bit more to those fans who aren't coming. I remember someone being told by Batho that because they weren't spending any money with the club, they weren't important to him (or words to that effect), which isn't exactly the best way to encourage fans to start spending money.

I for instance would be quite happy to purchase at the start of the season a five game pass for say £90 -£100 to pick and choose what games i go to. This will then get my off my arse to come up from London five times a year and spend money in the shop. They've instantly then got a £100+ quid from me for the tickets & Merchandise that they wouldn't have otherwise. I might not even go to the five games, but they'll still have their money.

I for instance would be quite happy to purchase at the start of the season a five game pass for say £90 -£100 to pick and choose what games i go to. This will then get my off my arse to come up from London five times a year and spend money in the shop. They've instantly then got a £100+ quid from me for the tickets & Merchandise that they wouldn't have otherwise. I might not even go to the five games, but they'll still have their money.

Good innovative idea that HB - now if they mixed that in with safe standing on the Kop so they could accommodate the variance in demand (i.e. the hassle picking different seats for each game) then that could be a winner for a lot of exiles.

Hang on a minute. I though talking about Batho and making light of his apparant lack of expertise with computers etc was a complete no no on here?

I thought you were going to ask what he did between 9 and 5?

Great that the link to the supporters doesn't even merit a picture.

As nice as a guy he is I'm not sure John merits a picture on the official web site :eek:

He was ace when my lad was a mascot when aged 10 - Keith Curle was captain for that one.

Good innovative idea that HB - now if they mixed that in with safe standing on the Kop so they could accommodate the variance in demand (i.e. the hassle picking different seats for each game) then that could be a winner for a lot of exiles.

I'd imagine you would just go into the box office pre game and get your seat, just like you would if you were buying a regular ticket. As you go through the turnstiles the system checks your record to see if you've been into the box office to reserve a ticket, and won't let you in if you haven't.

Here we go again.... I can only see this going one way... sadly.

I'm sure the intentions are good from the club, but i'm not sure this will work any better than the last attempt unless they are seen to engage with all fans, not just a few at clandestine forum meets.

First point then - Whats happened to Pembo, Batho and Tony Currie... And is Jamie Hoyland now at the club.

The club could do well by just using the Official Website properly and making it user friendly. Right now its crap and people avoid using it.

Also Blades Player Commentary. Its crap again, its been decent for one game. It's a complete con as they can dish out a crap product knowing that many of us have no choice but to use it. Yet we can only use it on a PC, its not set up for the Mobile or Tablet market (bigger combined market than PC's) and we have nowhere else to get our matchday commentary fix if we are outside Radio Sheffield catchment area.

I am not the Liaison officer, but I can confirm that Jamie Hoyland is at the Academy because I was talking to him on Saturday (Just after a world record had been broken by Foxy and a few others). Great bloke and really pleased to be back at the club.

Or, as they used to do, make the Upper Tier (or corner stand if they didn't want to open it all) unreserved seating.

Yeah Great idea! I forgot that standing was safe again after the independent Hillsborough report said it was the Police.

I remember someone being told by Batho that because they weren't spending any money with the club, they weren't important to him (or words to that effect), which isn't exactly the best way to encourage fans to start spending money.

That was me and no, it didn't make me happy at all!

Now it's all over, which was the secret pub?

Moving forward, was just mulling this one over - if the club gifted one the many exec boxes to here and maybe blades mad and they were then available on a match by match basis for posters at £50 a head incl grub, how many games would either or both sites be able to fill a box of 10?

Now it's all over, which was the secret pub?

Moving forward, was just mulling this one over - if the club gifted one the many exec boxes to here and maybe blades mad and they were then available on a match by match basis for posters at £50 a head incl grub, how many games would either or both sites be able to fill a box of 10?

Will you ever tire of trying to find more and more outrageous attempts to gain entry to BDTBL at little or no cost?

Wheres your proof....

Have a look in the 'Steve Simo Comedy Show' string.

What is highly embarrassing for you however is the amount of times you use the phrase 'in reality' when trying to make some weird point. You really need to sort it out.

I urge all of you to do a search of Swiss and the word reality.

Have a look in the 'Steve Simo Comedy Show' string.

What is highly embarrassing for you however is the amount of times you use the phrase 'in reality' when trying to make some weird point. You really need to sort it out.

I urge all of you to do a search of Swiss and the word reality.

Ha ha brilliant. You got nothing better to do! I blame auto spelling correction ;)

Back
Top Bottom