Player Suggestion Famara Diedhiou

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Booker4

Reaction score

I know this won't happen. However I've rated this guy for a while and with one eye on next season, most likely back in the Championship, I'd love us to test the water with Bristol and put in a bid. I know the forward line may not be considered a priority but I think Diedhiou would be a real handful and is out of contract this summer. He's bang in forn also and is someone I thnk could add a lot to our forward line. At 28 he's still got a couple of decent years or so in him. McBurnie's still injured and next season the Moose will likely be off, so this would be a great replacement, albeit a different player, but we've got Brewster as the most likely fit for the Moose. It's just a thought. Of lesser importance, I think to sign nobody this January is not good for team morale either, the squad is crying out for some new blood, wherever that be. Of course this isn't fo lack of trying on Wilder's part it seems.

Gone to "insert London club" or "Villa"
I don't think he will, that's the thing. He's 28 and isn't prolific, but he would add something to us in my view and with the right service could get 20 next season in the Championship and right now could really add some much needed heigh, presence and goal scoring quite frankly!

Just looking at his two goals from last night is the sort of finishing we've lacked this season. Of course, in the Championship I'd expect Billy, McGoldrick and McBurnie to get 15 - 20 each. But right now Diedhiou would be an assett and would be next season also.

Looking at these clips Kasey Palmer looks very handy. He's always been highly rated but looks like he's starting to fulfill that potential, based on thi match.

Last edited:
I actually think we do need a striker but expect it to be a young development guy like Kyle Joseph at Wigan as an alternative to Mcburnie.
We have
Mcburnie
Brewster
Burke

Mcgoldrick could play alongside someone but would be expected to drop deeper and create for the two ahead of him.
Mooose I expect to move on
Sharp is not a starter

Both Sharp and Mcgoldrick are getting on

Only my opinion but every time I've seen him play he's been absolutely awful, A big, clumsy carthorse with a <1 in 3 scoring record in the Champ

Involved in all three goals in the 2-3 smash and grab two seasons back. Bullied our defence.

Back
Top Bottom