Fallowfields Team to Conquer COV

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Playing MGW in midfield isn't the daftest idea, he's not a defensive midfielder who is going to sit back, but he's more of a natural box to box player, than the winger or number 10 roles we use him as. In last year's flat midfield 3 he'd have been perfect. The problem is the manager being obsessed with a system that dosn't really fit the skills of any of our players.

----------------------Olsen (last chance)------------

Baldock--------Basham-----------Egan--------RND

------Hourihane-------Norwood------Osborn------

------------MGW-------------------Ndaiye----------

----------------Moussett or Brewster---------------

Foderingham
Sharp
Davies
Fleck
Bogle
Freeman
McGoldrick
McPub

pommpey (I'll go on for the last ten)

Playing MGW in midfield isn't the daftest idea, he's not a defensive midfielder who is going to sit back, but he's more of a natural box to box player, than the winger or number 10 roles we use him as. In last year's flat midfield 3 he'd have been perfect. The problem is the manager being obsessed with a system that dosn't really fit the skills of any of our players.

He reminds me of Jude bellingham who can play every position in midfield

Just because he plays in a 2 doesn't mean he is a DM

You want your two best players on the ball the most that would be berge & MGW

I gave you a reason for disagreeing. Your lineup has got 3x CAMs playing with Brewster also taking one of those CAM spots.
Berge is the only player in that midfield that can protect the defence.

truth is unless Berge IS fit, we will always see at least Fleck or Norwood and in most cases both. They are the only players other than Berge that have shown any chance of intercepting or tackling the opposition in midfield.

Coventry should be shown more respect. They're 4th and have won more than half of their games (9), the same amount as WBA.

Again whats the alternative ? Just keep playing Fleck / Norwood

That has been proven not to work

So play our best, most creative, most attacking minded player as a defensive midfielder? We may as well just forfeit the fucking game now

Again whats the alternative ? Just keep playing Fleck / Norwood

That has been proven not to work

The alternative players for those positions are:

Berge, Basham, Hourihane and Guedioura. Maybe Osborn in Fleck's role?

Berge - been injured
Hourihane - given a chance v Millwall and was woeful.
Guedioura - injured???
Osborn - been playing wide left. Could Mousset or Burke play wide left and bring Osborn inside?

Basham - probably the only realistic option at present.

If Hourihane had 2 or 3 consecutive games, maybe he would improve us, but so far he's been poor. Even at Hull - 2 assists for him from corners, but open play - see the Millwall game

The alternative for me is to change the formation to suit the players. This isn't me pining for Chris Wilder, but go back to 3-5-2 until we have a proper box-to-box midfield and 2 proper wingers. Osborn has been "OK" out on the left, but the style Slav wants to play isn't the right style for our current players.

For arguments sake, let's say that we had got the players he wanted in the summer, look how different it could be:

Olsen
Baldock - Egan - Davies - Stevens
Norwood - Vieira
Karamoh
- Gibbs-White - Collado
a Striker
Then that leaves these players as challengers..

Foderingham
Bogle - Basham - Robinson - RND
Guedioura - Hourihane
Brewster - McGoldrick/Ndiaye - Osborn
other strikers
Untill he gets those 2x wingers as absolute bare minimum, sack the formation off and go back to basics... 3-5-2

s, but so far he's been po
The alternative players for those positions are:

Berge, Basham, Hourihane and Guedioura. Maybe Osborn in Fleck's role?

Berge - been injured
Hourihane - given a chance v Millwall and was woeful.
Guedioura - injured???
Osborn - been playing wide left. Could Mousset or Burke play wide left and bring Osborn inside?

Basham - probably the only realistic option at present.

If Hourihane had 2 or 3 consecutive games, maybe he would improve us, but so far he's been poor. Even at Hull - 2 assists for him from corners, but open play - see the Millwall game

The alternative for me is to change the formation to suit the players. This isn't me pining for Chris Wilder, but go back to 3-5-2 until we have a proper box-to-box midfield and 2 proper wingers. Osborn has been "OK" out on the left, but the style Slav wants to play isn't the right style for our current players.

For arguments sake, let's say that we had got the players he wanted in the summer, look how different it could be:

Olsen
Baldock - Egan - Davies - Stevens
Norwood - Vieira
Karamoh
- Gibbs-White - Collado
a Striker
Then that leaves these players as challengers..

Foderingham
Bogle - Basham - Robinson - RND
Guedioura - Hourihane
Brewster - McGoldrick/Ndiaye - Osborn
other strikers
Untill he gets those 2x wingers as absolute bare minimum, sack the formation off and go back to basics... 3-5-2

I dont disagree with you Viera at this level would have been a top signing and the loss of berge for most of the season has been massive if he was fit all season we wouldn't be where we are and he'd probably be off in january

I dont think we should go back to 3-5-2 if Slav has a phillsophy he should stick to that just like all managers should

I think if you told someone to sit next to him he would run the show

I dont buy this he has to play as a no10 you want your best players on the ball the most if he played Centre Mid he would

An alarming shortage of midfield players, proven by Norwood and Fleck playing poorly but still getting picked ever week.
Berge on the bench probably, joined by Freeman when fit. Might be just the incentive that Norwood and Fleck need right now.

Sweden's NO 1 Rob Olsen

Bogle----Egan-----Davies-----Enda

----------MGW-----Berge--------

----Brewster---DIDZ----Ndiaye------

-----------Mcburnie------------

Please please please please stop playing players who have been dreadful for months slav such as Osborn/Sharp/Fleck they offer nothing and wont be around for the future to build the spine of a squad around

I am genuinely baffled at Slavs insistence in playing norwood/fleck it is becoming wilderesque from last season MGW/Berge would be better than any midfield in this league by a country mile MGW can play there and has done plenty before and hopefully Berge is back as we are yet to see him properly in a Slav team since MGW/NDIAYE have started

Id put anyone in that midfield as long as its not Jimmy Fleck / Norwood together

Its also very strange that mcgoldrick has been bombed out of squads recently he is still our best forwrad IMO based on last seasons performances he should be no10 every game every minute if we play with one

Billy sharp in the u23's

Here's an alternative Fallowfield. For me, our strikers need to play in pairs. 4-2-2-2...

LINEUP111637307777459.png

You must literally be the only United supporter who would play MGW as a defensive midfielder. Regardless of the fact he isn’t one it would a total waste of his talent.
i know a Wolves fan who says he has been picked there as they play with 2 DMs. One of the reasons he is here is that he doesn't suit that role so isn't much use to them in their current formation. I think the OP is just having a laugh/making his point, over and over again.

To be fair to the OP, whilst the tone of his posts can be a bit wierd, they do highlight how hard it is to knit a decent team out of this squad

Norwood and Fleck, whilst in my opinion quite talented footballers, look incapable of protecting the back 4, but everyone else tried has looked even worse.

MGW / Berge looks no more likely to do it either and in my opinion we need something of a destroyer type picked in there with a more talented player dropped to accomodate. The problem is we don't have one in the squad.

I think our front 4, would look pretty decent, if we stop leaking soft goals. FWIW my team would be

Olsen
Bash - Egan - Davies
Baldock - Norwood - Osborn - Stevens
MGW - Ndayie
Moose

Not sure about the fitness of some of them (Davies and Moose especially), or the form of others such as Stevens but alternatives have been pretty poor as well in that case.

3 CBs and Osborn playing a more defensive minded role might help stop the leaks at the back, but TBH, no matter what you do, we look weak through the middle ATM. As a result fans look to players who haven't been in the team like Bash, Berge, Slater etc.

It won't be long before we are clamouring to "chuck the kids in"

Sweden's NO 1 Rob Olsen

Bogle----Egan-----Davies-----Enda

----------MGW-----Berge--------

----Brewster---DIDZ----Ndiaye------

-----------Mcburnie------------

Please please please please stop playing players who have been dreadful for months slav such as Osborn/Sharp/Fleck they offer nothing and wont be around for the future to build the spine of a squad around

I am genuinely baffled at Slavs insistence in playing norwood/fleck it is becoming wilderesque from last season MGW/Berge would be better than any midfield in this league by a country mile MGW can play there and has done plenty before and hopefully Berge is back as we are yet to see him properly in a Slav team since MGW/NDIAYE have started

Id put anyone in that midfield as long as its not Jimmy Fleck / Norwood together

Its also very strange that mcgoldrick has been bombed out of squads recently he is still our best forwrad IMO based on last seasons performances he should be no10 every game every minute if we play with one

Billy sharp in the u23's
Wow. Revolutionary man.

Right that’s it. I’ve had enough. You’re on ignore.

----------------------Olsen (last chance)------------

Baldock--------Basham-----------Egan--------RND

------Hourihane-------Norwood------Osborn------

------------MGW-------------------Ndaiye----------

----------------Moussett or Brewster---------------

Foderingham
Sharp
Davies
Fleck
Bogle
Freeman
McGoldrick
McPub

pommpey (I'll go on for the last ten)

Thank the lord I'm not the only one who thinks changing from 4-2-3-1 to 4-3-2-1 is the blatantly obvious answer until we get some actual wingers in.

Wow. Revolutionary man.

Right that’s it. I’ve had enough. You’re on ignore.

Who would you play then Fred ? The same team that’s got us to 17th in the championship ?

Back
Top Bottom