Fallowefields Team for Ballmouth

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Again the only place a player should be judged is on the pitch Mcburnie has done well in his brief cameos

He deserves a long run in the team

Couldn't care less if he beats up disabled people in his spare time and thinks he's a grime artist
Think we differ there then. He doesn't have the dedication to do it on the pitch. That's why he's not on it.

Have we failed in the last 10 games ?

Yes success = Top 6

Failure = Where we are now

The definition of stupidity is doing the same thing over and over again , like picking sharp/fleck/norwood/baldock

If You pick the same players then don't expect a different result IMO

----------------------------------Olsen-------------------------------------

Baldock--------------Egan--------------------Davies---------------Stevens

------------------Guardiora----------------Hourihane----------------------

--------MGW------------------------------------------------Ndaiye---------

-------------------------McBurnie-------Brewster---------------------------

Just for shits and giggles. We'll get beat anyway.

pommpey

I can see what you're thinking.
Why are everyone's lineups like table football.
Lets go with this below.
infact let's just make it Slav against Scott Parker in the boozer. We might just have a chance. Especially if he gives him his dead eye stare.Screenshot_20210930-162110~2.png

Will this charade continue when, inevitably, his inclusion in the match day squad will be severely tested ?

Answers on a postcard (although with the returning Dids and Moose to the fold, it’s either Rhian Or McB that will have the monk on !).

UTB

The “obsession” you speak of is borne of a frustration in watching this hopeless individual labour under the illusion of being a £20m footballer when in actual fact he has consistently stunk the place out, much to the detriment of the team I support.
He had no say in his price tag. The club decided how much we paid, not him.
In his first season (pre-lockdown) there wasn't many that were head and shoulders better than him. He certainly wasn't poor.

He has been part of a ridiculously shite team for quite a while. I can think of many others that have been as bad/worse than he has, where is your hatred for those individuals may I ask? And what drugs are people on for sticking by those players?
One thing is for sure though. The price tags of individuals signed by the previous regime which so markedly influenced the team selections of said previous regime, do not have nearly the same influence on the current one.
Slav was rotating strikers, line-ups, formations at the beginning of the season and I'm sure you'll agree, we were god awful as a team, which McB, Bill, Didz, Moose, Brewster were all involved with, but I imagine we were poor just because of McBurnie yeah?
The time between lockdown and September this season needs to be disregarded in any serious conversations, because the team on a whole were a joke. The previous manager lost the plot. Our other strikers hardly thrived in this period did they?
Others haven’t quite figured it out yet OR are just too stubborn to acknowledge what is in plain sight. They are a VERY poor judge of what good looks like in terms of overall footballing abilities.
This is all your opinion. What is good in your personal opinion, doesn't necessarily mean others will agree with you.
But because they don't agree with you, they're crackheads? Rather mature of you isn't it.
BTW the term you'd be looking for would be cokeheads. Very surprised if a large proportion of our fanbase are on crack.

Again I'll say, until he's given a chance in a productive team, like he had at Swansea, like Billy had in our promotion season, it's unfair to write him off.
I believe there's still quality in there and he's young enough to be the future of our forward line for years to come.
Hopefully he's learnt from his mistakes and sorts out his off the field antics,
I hope he never changes his socks though, because the fact that winds people up humours me.
Billy isn't the future of this club (until he's a manager).

Oli has hit 20+ goals in the championship the same amount of times as Bill and has 10 years to improve on that.
None of our strikers have scored many goals since we went up to the prem, that's because of the previous manager's failings.

In his first season (pre-lockdown) there wasn't many that were head and shoulders better than him. He certainly wasn't poor.

He has been part of a ridiculously shite team for quite a while. I can think of many others that have been as bad/worse than he has, where is your hatred for those individuals may I ask? And what drugs are people on for sticking by those players?

Slav was rotating strikers, line-ups, formations at the beginning of the season and I'm sure you'll agree, we were god awful as a team, which McB, Bill, Didz, Moose, Brewster were all involved with, but I imagine we were poor just because of McBurnie yeah?
The time between lockdown and September this season needs to be disregarded in any serious conversations, because the team on a whole were a joke. The previous manager lost the plot. Our other strikers hardly thrived in this period did they?

This is all your opinion. What is good in your personal opinion, doesn't necessarily mean others will agree with you.
But because they don't agree with you, they're crackheads? Rather mature of you isn't it.
BTW the term you'd be looking for would be cokeheads. Very surprised if a large proportion of our fanbase are on crack.

Again I'll say, until he's given a chance in a productive team, like he had at Swansea, like Billy had in our promotion season, it's unfair to write him off.
I believe there's still quality in there and he's young enough to be the future of our forward line for years to come.
Hopefully he's learnt from his mistakes and sorts out his off the field antics,
I hope he never changes his socks though, because the fact that winds people up humours me.
Billy isn't the future of this club (until he's a manager).

Oli has hit 20+ goals in the championship the same amount of times as Bill and has 10 years to improve on that.
None of our strikers have scored many goals since we went up to the prem, that's because of the previous manager's failings.
You have your opinion. Such as need to disregard a period where golden boy scored 1 goal in 9 ducking months. Rather convenient don’t ya think !

I have mine. In particular, I don’t believe McB has been good for anything more than a handful of the games he has played for us. He has even admitted so himself.

That, and the “current”prospects of any significant playing time under our new management would perhaps be the defining moment in his Sheffield United career.

If he comes good, I’ll cheer him on like I always do with others.

Sadly, he won’t.

Levels. Like life in general, it’s all about levels 👀.

UTB

I have mine. In particular, I don’t believe McB has been good for anything more than a handful of the games he has played for us. He has even admitted so himself.
That's the thing. Post-lockdown, I'm actually struggling to think of many players that have had more than a handful of good games. It's not just this lad.

That, and the “current”prospects of any significant playing time under our new management would perhaps be the defining moment in his Sheffield United career.
Slav thought he'd stumbled upon a winning formula after the Posh match.
We've played some poor sides recently and got wins, so he didn't want to change the lineup.
Hopefully now we'll see some rotation because Bill's performance wasn't acceptable on Tuesday and hasn't pulled up any trees since the Posh game either.

Why would I ignore someone on an internet forum? You've not offended me at all and I take enjoyment from your posts.
If anything, your posts bring a smile to my face.
It helps me remember that however bad things get, they could be worse. I could be that sad that I have to constantly drone on about how I dislike a footballer on a forum ;) anyone who doesn't agree with me must be on crack!!!

Could Oli have played worse than Sharp on Tuesday? In my opinion no, unless he banged in an own goal.
Sharp offered nothing and it was from him not holding the ball up that the second goal came (plenty of action after he lost it obviously).
Sharp was also partly responsible for dropping 2 points against Preston (again, plenty of chances to not concede the goal afterwards).
This isn't my attempt to slag Sharp off btw, I love Bill and everything he's given to the club.
But people seem to not see that bad things he does and how little he benefits the squad apart from goals.

What has McBurnie done that has been so subpar this season? I think everyone needs to disregard anything that happened before September because we were hopeless in general.

Since we've settled on a formation and brought in a couple more creative players, he's been limited to substitute appearances.
Played 13 minutes against Peterboro, in which he got a nice assist.
14 minutes against Hull when the game was largely done for.
90 minutes against Southampton in the cup where he had a good game and scored a good goal.
24 minutes against Derby (his presence resulted in the penalty), didn't do much other than that, but let's face it Derby sat in and hoped for a 1-0 win. As soon as we scored it was all Derby.
That's two goal contributions in his last 141 minutes of football.
In comparison Bill has two goal contributions in his last 346 minutes of football.

Thanks for clarifying that everyone who doesn't want to slag off our players constantly as crackheads though, appreciated.
Do you happen to know where I can get some?
I want to see our players do well, not constantly slate them even when they're not getting a chance, so I best take up crack to meet your criteria then yeah?

Try a constructive post for a change, instead of the same old boring shite pal.
I do love the way that you include McBurnie’s goal contribution v Peterborough to show he’s doing better per minute than Sharp whilst disregarding Sharp’s 3 assists in the very same game….

That's the thing. Post-lockdown, I'm actually struggling to think of many players that have had more than a handful of good games. It's not just this lad.

Slav thought he'd stumbled upon a winning formula after the Posh match.
We've played some poor sides recently and got wins, so he didn't want to change the lineup.
Hopefully now we'll see some rotation because Bill's performance wasn't acceptable on Tuesday and hasn't pulled up any trees since the Posh game either.
As you say, the boy should be approaching the “peak” years in his career.

He has regressed. Badly. Let’s play a game of let’s see where we are in 5 years time cos I’ve got plenty of loot that says he will regress even further at a time when his career should be taking off.

It is of course possible that he will show improvement and go on to become an asset wherever he plays. It is also possible that his motivation, aptitude and overall ability technically speaking have seen him reach whatever career peak you want to pedestal him at already and the slippery slope down has already begun. More Jordan Slew than DCL so to say !! It’s at best 50/50 and thus cries of “give him the starts” meet with short shrift from moi.

Prove your worth sunshine. Go hard or go home.

As far as the Sharp vs McB debate goes, that’s a landslide and as emphatic as you would want it to be. Sharp isn’t the future. That’s a given.

But based on ALL of the available alternatives, assembled at much cost, he is emphatically the here and now unless proven otherwise.

Time might tell.

UTB

p.s if / when he FAILS to make the match day 18, could you possibly concede that Slav knows ?👀

Last edited:
Why does that sound so tragically true and somewhat ominous?

It's almost like he received a text whilst warming up and bugged out of the rest of the season

Stranger things have happened

In truth, he's never ripped up many trees for the club, regardless of what people's hopes and dreams are of him doing so. We should get what we can for him and call it quits.

pommpey
I have always been a big fan of Berge because he has genuine football skills. His recent withdrawal due to injury is a worry though.
His sale and departure in JTW is more likely if he stays in the shop window, plays well and contributes to blades success. To do otherwise would harm his departure, and cost the club money.
His general behaviour and personal demeanor has been positive, despite Covid and previous injury, so I’m hoping this current injury is nothing serious.
Slav brushed it off when questioned, saying simply, he is not with us? Read into that what you like.

The Sharp McBurnie issue divides supporters, so perhaps it’s a good thing if the manager has a selection headache over choice of main strikers?
I’m also a big fan of Slav so far, but the lack of bite in midfield against boro was a worry. He is supposed to know Warnock well enough to predict the type of game he might play? Despite his faith in, or lack of options for Norwood and Fleck, there was only Basham, unused, and Hourihane, on the bench. No Guedioura?
Am I the only one concerned by that? The potential weakness for this game, (Norwood and Fleck) needed better cover.

Mcburnie is an all round striker who can do everything id probably compare him more to Mcgoldrick than Sharp

The player we signed was the best all round striker in the championship that season and we decided to play him like Jon parkin and even then he still showed glimpses in the first year in the prem of how good he is

He looked poor last season but so did every player in our team last season

I think hes a top top striker at this level but the only way we will see that is if he is our main no9 and gets a run of games where he starts every week but that's just my opinion

Not sure why people post Mcb's previous goal highlights and expect everyone to be in awe.

They're honestly not all that impressive

He finished off goals for teams in form sure

but when you compare his goals to someone like Maupays goals (who we were also interested in when we signed Oli) you can instantly see who the better striker is and can create something out of nothing.

I do love the way that you include McBurnie’s goal contribution v Peterborough to show he’s doing better per minute than Sharp whilst disregarding Sharp’s 3 assists in the very same game….
I wasn't trying to allude to that fact whatsoever, apologies if it seemed that way. I was genuinely just comparing how many minutes for their last 2 goal contributions.

To prove I've been an idiot, let's add those 90 minutes on to sharp's total and the 3 assists.
That's 2 goal contributions in 141 minutes for Oli since the start of September. Or 1 per 70.5 minutes (not bad at all).
5 goal contributions in 436 minutes for Bill. Or 1 per 87.2 minutes.

GIVE US A LIKE DRONNIEEEEEEE

As you say, the boy should be approaching the “peak” years in his career.

He has regressed. Badly. Let’s play a game of let’s see where we are in 5 years time cos I’ve got plenty of loot that says he will regress even further at a time when his career should be taking off.

It is of course possible that he will show improvement and go on to become an asset wherever he plays. It is also possible that his motivation, aptitude and overall ability technically speaking have seen him reach whatever career peak you want to pedestal him at already and the slippery slope down has already begun. More Jordan Slew than DCL so to say !! It’s at best 50/50 and thus cries of “give him the starts” meet with short shrift from moi.

Prove your worth sunshine. Go hard or go home.

As far as the Sharp vs McB debate goes, that’s a landslide and as emphatic as you would want it to be. Sharp isn’t the future. That’s a given.

But based on ALL of the available alternatives, assembled at much cost, he is emphatically the here and now unless proven otherwise.

Time might tell.

UTB
I wasn't trying to allude to that fact whatsoever, apologies if it seemed that way. I was genuinely just comparing how many minutes for their last 2 goal contributions.

To prove I've been an idiot, let's add those 90 minutes on to sharp's total and the 3 assists.
That's 2 goal contributions in 141 minutes for Oli since the start of September. Or 1 per 70.5 minutes (not bad at all).
5 goal contributions in 436 minutes for Bill. Or 1 per 87.2 minutes.

GIVE US A LIKE DRONNIEEEEEEE
I’ll give you a flogging a dead horse if you like.

UTb

As you say, the boy should be approaching the “peak” years in his career
He could be, but unless he get's a chance, how will we know? Completely different situation but whenever I've been in and out of a team, I struggled to find form. After a good run of games I hit my stride. Nothing is a substitute for competitive first team minutes. Some of the world's best players were famously terrible in training.
He's regressed as much as every other member of the squad. The whole squad were poor.
More Jordan Slew
Ridiculous comparison.
Hopefully Oli gets to play somewhere he can play each week and not be hated by sections of his own fans, hopefully he can build a career similar to what Bill has. At this stage of his career compared to where Billy was at, he's doing just fine.
Emphatically?
Apart from the game against Peterborough, Sharp has been largely average given the amount of minutes he's had. It can only be proven otherwise if other players get the minutes. In which games has Sharp excelled in since September and why please?
p.s if / when he FAILS to make the match day 18, could you possibly concede that Slav knows ?👀
😴😴😴

I’ll give you a flogging a dead horse if you like.

UTb
Hmmm ignoring the facts because it doesn't go along with your rhetoric yet again? Convenient.

How's the crack this evening? I think anyone who doesn't agree with me is a smackhead.

unless we bring at least 1 new striker in this january we can forget automatic promotion and probably even top 6 this set of strikers combined are just not good enough and i suspect slav knows it as well sincerley hope they prove me way wrong here but i aint holding me breath

Hmmm ignoring the facts because it doesn't go along with your rhetoric yet again? Convenient.

How's the crack this evening? I think anyone who doesn't agree with me is a smackhead.
Rhetorical question. But Be honest with yourself.

Based on all available evidence, Where do YOU think the current manager ranks Oli McBurnie against his peers (rank 1-6 if you include Sharp, Dids, Brew, Moose, McB and a tentative Burke).

UTB

He could be, but unless he get's a chance, how will we know? Completely different situation but whenever I've been in and out of a team, I struggled to find form. After a good run of games I hit my stride. Nothing is a substitute for competitive first team minutes. Some of the world's best players were famously terrible in training.

He's regressed as much as every other member of the squad. The whole squad were poor.

Ridiculous comparison.

Hopefully Oli gets to play somewhere he can play each week and not be hated by sections of his own fans, hopefully he can build a career similar to what Bill has. At this stage of his career compared to where Billy was at, he's doing just fine.

Emphatically?
Apart from the game against Peterborough, Sharp has been largely average given the amount of minutes he's had. It can only be proven otherwise if other players get the minutes. In which games has Sharp excelled in since September and why please?

😴😴😴
Yes. Emphatically.

UTB

Rhetorical question. But Be honest with yourself.

Based on all available evidence, Where do YOU think the current manager ranks Oli McBurnie against his peers (rank 1-6 if you include Sharp, Dids, Brew, Moose, McB and a tentative Burke).

UTB
Moose when fit (funny I know) possibly first, played him in the friendlies and started the season with him and has the best natural attributes.
Sharp 2nd
Mcburnie 3rd
Brewster/Mcgoldrick tied 4th (he rates Mcgoldrick higher, but should not be classed as a striker, slav plays him deeper).
Ignoring Burke because he's not a footballer so shouldn't be involved in football related discussions.
This is how the manager rates them at this moment in time. There's room in this side for more than 1 striker. He needs to rotate a lot better than he has been the last few weeks, as evidenced by the disaster of a display Tuesday.

I do not want to see the back of Billy one bit. We need to use him for what he is though.

Moose when fit (funny I know) possibly first, played him in the friendlies and started the season with him and has the best natural attributes.
Sharp 2nd
Mcburnie 3rd
Brewster/Mcgoldrick tied 4th (he rates Mcgoldrick higher, but should not be classed as a striker, slav plays him deeper).
Ignoring Burke because he's not a footballer so shouldn't be involved in football related discussions.
This is how the manager rates them at this moment in time. There's room in this side for more than 1 striker. He needs to rotate a lot better than he has been the last few weeks, as evidenced by the disaster of a display Tuesday.

I do not want to see the back of Billy one bit. We need to use him for what he is though.
“This is how the manager rates them at this moment in time.”

Ignoring your own “rhetoric” in what you state above.

Unless you are of course Slavisa himself ?😂.

Slav.

Knows 👀.

You back your man. I’ll back mine. Let’s see how it pans out 👍.

UTB

Yes. Emphatically.

UTB
So emphatically in your opinion (I know you get facts and opinions confused a hell of a lot), is a forum post created by yourself about who the better goalscorer is?

I've actually mentioned plenty of times that Sharp is a quality goalscorer, you don't score the amount of goals he has without being a natural finisher (his movement and spacial awareness is the best we'll probably see).
At no point have I said he isn't a better finisher. He's got experience on his side to help with this.
At his age, his all round game isn't upto being a starting centre forward up top on his own.

If McBurnie was playing week in week out, missing chances left right and centre (Mcgoldrick, cough) then yes let's get him out of the side. Until then get behind your team and it's players and set aside whatever it is you've got going on about the lad (jealousy?) ffs.

“This is how the manager rates them at this moment in time.”

Ignoring your own “rhetoric” in what you state above.

Unless you are of course Slavisa himself ?😂.

Slav.

Knows 👀.

You back your man. I’ll back mine. Let’s see how it pans out 👍.

UTB
Eh? I'm starting to think you might actually be on crack 🤣

I've never said that isn't how Slav rates them? Weird individual.

I'm saying give the lad a chance, maybe then he can be his preferred option?
Or even better yet, maybe we could have two strikers or even 3, vying for a place in the team, competing and helping each other?

I'll back whoever is playing, regardless of the player. I will not however, berate and moan about players who aren't even getting a fair whack. I want to see the team do well.

Is the Slav knows thing supposed to be funny/clever? Have I missed something, genuine question. Everytime I see you using it I'm a little lost.

So emphatically in your opinion (I know you get facts and opinions confused a hell of a lot), is a forum post created by yourself about who the better goalscorer is?

I've actually mentioned plenty of times that Sharp is a quality goalscorer, you don't score the amount of goals he has without being a natural finisher (his movement and spacial awareness is the best we'll probably see).
At no point have I said he isn't a better finisher. He's got experience on his side to help with this.
At his age, his all round game isn't upto being a starting centre forward up top on his own.

If McBurnie was playing week in week out, missing chances left right and centre (Mcgoldrick, cough) then yes let's get him out of the side. Until then get behind your team and it's players and set aside whatever it is you've got going on about the lad (jealousy?) ffs.
You mean missing “Big chances” as presented here :-.

1 goal for every 9 “big chances” ? (See page 2).

Epic. I’m sold.

Let’s face it. One of us is wrong.

Slav Knows 👍.

UTB

PS - Sharp WAY further down the list missed one. ONE.

Attachments

• D411CDDC-3876-4FFC-A94B-F6E261C0EADD.jpeg
    D411CDDC-3876-4FFC-A94B-F6E261C0EADD.jpeg
    106.1 KB · Views: 3
You mean missing “Big chances” as presented here :-.

1 goal for every 9 “big chances” ? (See page 2).

Epic. I’m sold.

Let’s face it. One of us is wrong.

Slav Knows 👍.

UTB

PS - Sharp WAY further down the list missed one. ONE.
So kickest is well regarded is it? 🙈
Must be correct if it's on kickest.it

8 misses in a season is fuck all really isn't it. That's 9 chances if you count his goal.
Should he have scored more than 1 last season? Fuck yes. Am I going to write him off after playing in that god awful side last year? Fuck no. Every single player wasn't good enough last year, largely down to tactics/stubbornness of management.

I provided stats stating McBurnie has been more effective and has made more contributions per 90 than your mate since start of September, but you choose to ignore that?
Stats only relevant when they help your argument?

So kickest is well regarded is it? 🙈
Must be correct if it's on kickest.it

8 misses in a season is fuck all really isn't it. That's 9 chances if you count his goal.
Should he have scored more than 1 last season? Fuck yes. Am I going to write him off after playing in that god awful side last year? Fuck no. Every single player wasn't good enough last year, largely down to tactics/stubbornness of management.

I provided stats stating McBurnie has been more effective and has made more contributions per 90 than your mate since start of September, but you choose to ignore that?
Stats only relevant when they help your argument?
Your “stats” have been spectacularly rumbled as pure fiction. See #40.

Mine however are from an independent quoted source and not a figment of my imagination.

Fair ?

ok vas/dronnie do either of you think we can go up with this set of strikers ? i dont 🤔

Back
Top Bottom